Whirlpool / cabrio platinum top loading washer and dryer
I purchased this new set in 2014/2015. I have been unhappy with the set since the purchase for several reasons. The washer leaves a white residue on clothing requiring rewashing numerous times that often comes out of a second wash without removing the residue or at times leaving more. The residue shows primarily on darker clothing although I have to assume it is on the lighter clothing but not showing as much. The machine does not appear to be malfunctioning so service is not required. I have tried washer cleaning products but no improvement. I have lived in this house for 11 years and my prior front loading washer did not leave any such residue so do not think it is in the water. I have used the same detergent throughout and again never had this residue before. This problem is annoying and upsetting. I then see other claims that the Cabrio washers are not cleaning clothing well. These complaints have been responded to by Whirlpool saying they will not help resolve the issues. The machine also gets off balance easily. For example a small load of sheets that are put into the machine evenly will go out of balance 3 times before you can get them washed. Finally, the washed clothing gets so tangled and knotted that you can hardly get them apart. It is hard on the clothing and takes a lot of time to straighten out before you can put into the dryer.
The dryer is a problem as well. Again, although the machine appears to be functioning properly, it does not dry a less than totally full load until you run the cycle 3 times or so. To dry a half load or less you have to add towels or other fabric in order for the items to get even partially dry. This is a total waste of gas and costing me a lot of additional time that should not be needed.
I am very displeased with these products and wish I had not purchased them. I had to pay for these items on time and it was a great hardship to do so. Then to have to deal with issues of unclean and not dry clothing on top of it is very insulting to the user. I have had Whirlpool items before and chose these over other brands as I felt this was a reliable brand. I am not sure what has happened to the company but I would not recommend them to anyone in the future.
Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 09, 2017
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to learn of the concern you expressed regarding your laundry set. I would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliances. I look forward to your reply. Thank you.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - service disgusting customer service I want my refund back.
- Whirlpool Corporation - maytag bravo xl dryer extended warranty program
- Whirlpool Corporation - model: wod51ec0as
- Whirlpool Corporation - dishwasher