WestJetcheck in counter service

Just earlier today on February 20th around 4:15am-4:30am, my travelling companion and I received a very infuriating experience at the checked bag drop counter at Orlando International Airport. Both the workers that serviced us were unnecessarily rude and incompetent. The one that served us first is Maria D. and I did not catch the name of the other worker, but she wore glasses, had light skin and was a heavy woman. My travelling companion had received two confirmation e-mails from WestJet that explicitly stated that due to the fare type, both of us would have a free checked in bag. The first e-mail was received on the 17th and the second one was received yesterday on the 19th. Maria proceeded to tell us that we must pay for it and go try to get reimbursement from WestJet afterwards - she insisted we do this, twice. This is ridiculous because we should not be charged for this, especially when we paid so much for it and our flight from Toronto to Florida had no hassle considering this. Her telling us to just pay first and try to get reimbursed later is redundant and completely a waste of our time when she should have the quality of a worker at the Orlando airport to deal with her mistake swiftly. She told my travelling companion to go off to the side and kept rushing her, when my companion had to lift my checked bag off the machine that weighed it and had to move the two bags off to the left. She is not superhuman, so no, she could not do all of this within two seconds. After waiting for the next person in line to finish, my travelling companion showed the two e-mails to the lady working beside Maria (earlier described) and she also was unable to handle this professionally. She demanded to see the second confirmation e-mail in a way that insinuated that she did not believe us. She then said she will only let us check in one bag free, when she had just read two e-mails stating that it was one free checked bag PER GUEST. Maria and her argued with us saying that they cannot do anything, as it says it in the system. After my travelling companion pointed out the description in the e-mail, the lady working beside Maria printed the luggage tags and checked both our bags in finally. How hard was that? What are these excuses saying they are unable to do anything and with a few clicks of the screen and lots of arguing, they are suddenly able to? I have flew with WestJet in the past and previously had a very positive experience. This experience however has changed my outlook on WestJet.

Su
Feb 20, 2015

Comments

• Fa
      May 10, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,
    On Saturday 18 April, I had a flight to Sweden from Vancouver but Westjet personnel did not give me permission and I could not do check in and depart so I lost all legs of my flights which was from Vancouver to Edmonton, then to Iseland and then to Sweden, while I have a permanent schengen Visa. I was completely upset from the personnel which had not had enough information which caused me to lose all my flights which I bought for 710 CAD and they did not pay attention to help me for that. So I had to buy another ticket by Lufthansa for 1750 CAD for flying one day later which cause me problems not only for losing of more money by flights and staying at the hotel for one more day but also for causing me lots of stress.
    So I would seriously asking you for taking action to find the real reason and refunding me back all the expenses that your personnel at the Vancouver airport had caused me, otherwise I have to take a legal action.
    Thank you very much for understanding my situation. If you need more information about my flights and anything do not hesitate to send me an email to Farzaneh.[protected]@mdh.se or calling to [protected].
    Best Regards,
    Farzaneh Ahmadzadeh

Following are my flight information :
    SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2015
    Confirmation Number: JARHYL
    Passenger name :Davood sotoodeh Yeganeh
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
    WestJet Flight 320
    departure :Vancouver International Airport (YVR)10:00AM
    arrival :Edmonton International Airport (YEG) 12:38 PM
    ----------------------------------------------

Confirmation Number: 4CWLGQ
    Flight Duration: 6 hours 26 minutes
    Icelandair Flight 692
    Departure :Edmonton International Airport (YEG) 6:24PM (MDT)
    Arrival: Keflavik International Airport (KEF) 6:40AM (GMT)

--------------------------------------------------------
    SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2015, Icelandair Flight 306
    Confirmation Number: 4CWLGQ
    Departure: Keflavik International Airport (KEF)7:38AM (GMT)
    Arrival: Stockholm Arlanda (ARN) 12:38PM (CEST)