West Jet Airlines / bad service
West jet doesn't let me on
Due to unforseen circumstances, I get to my gate 5 minutes late. 25 minutes to go before the plane leaves. I've pre-checked myself the night before. 2 bags need to go through. I'm ready. But, west jet says I won't be let through. They say it's the gate's fault. West jet won't make a case for me. Instead of west jet putting the bags through and sending me on my way, i'm left pleading with them. They tell me that as a courtesy I will have to pay for 2/3 of another ticket for a plane leaving 3 hours later, and that will be standby, no guarantee of getting on. I've never been treated this way in all my 30 years of flying. Never. I've waited seated on a plane for 25 minutes for late customers. 5 minutes late at the gate and not let in? Appalling. This is the clincher for me. Let's let as many international carriers into the domestic market as possible. Between west jet and air canada (Losing bags on a regular basis) it's a gong show in this country. Where do I sign a petition to crush this monopoly?
More West Jet Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Westjet - customer service 
- West Jet Vacations - bait and switch scam 
- Westjet - poor service 
- West Jet - customer service 
- West Jet Airlines - rude flight attendant
- WestJet Airlines - none stop robots call
- WestJet Airlines - water leakage on flight
- WestJet Airlines - service.
- WestJet Airlines - bumped from direct flight december 11 which we booked last march
- WestJet Airlines - refusal to supply me with a flight delay report