Wendy'scoupon process

On Friday, January 28, 2017, I went to the Wendy's at Calhoun Memorial Highway in Easily SC to use a coupon. I asked the cashier if I had to buy exactly what was on the coupon in order to redeem it. I was told no.

I asked because one will never know unless they ask. Indeed, other food chains/stores make some exceptions. But I have learned one has to ask. So I did.

When this nice woman asked a manager to come over to help her utilize the coupon, the manager ( unknown level) said I had to order exactly what was on the coupon for the reduction to calculate. I informed her that was not what the cashier told me.

As a result of not having it my way, I decided to not eat there that day. I did smile and was nice enough, but I asked for my coupon back. I was given my coupon back.See the Top 10 Worst Companies in Easley, SC

However, before I could make it out the door, the manager handling this process hollered across the room, " You didn't have to be rude about it. I just work here." People started looking at me and made me feel uncomfortable. The only thing I said back to her was that I was not rude. And I certainly wasn't. God knows my heart.

Sorry, but I did not want what the coupon offered. I asked for a substitute because of that. If I am going to spend my money there, I shouldn't have to order something I do not want just to save the money. I do not know people who eat things they do not want.

I did not catch the manager's name but I have the following information: Black woman sassed me; shouted over the entire restaurant; and it was about 12:30 that day. The cashier who took my order was exceptionally nice but the manager was not.

I am not racist, I am not mean. I was not rude.

All I ask is for her to be disciplined and reminded why she is there.

Ty
Feb 02, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Feb 03, 2017

Coupons discount certain items due to pricing and availability. It is extremely rare that you can substitute items on a coupon for something you prefer.