Wells Fargo Mortgage / took additional payment

TX, United States Review updated:

Paid off our mortgage with Wells Fargo and contacted them well in advance to stop the auto withdraw out of our checking account. First of the following month we get notification the checking account has been overdrawn. Quick investigation shows WFM continued to take the payments. Contacted them only to be told we would have to wait weeks to get back any balance in the escrow account. Sad we didn’t have an escrow and the only money they had was money they took without authorization. Sorry, they said, that’s our policy. To date, still haven’t seen any credit for the money.

Comments

• Sc
      9th of Jun, 2010

I can completely believe it. I have been paying weekly mortgage payments through Chase's automated bill payment. I have to call in every month to have all the payments put to the mortgage. If I don't then the weekly payments go to principle and their software/system/dumb @ss [protected]@rds call me monthly to ask me where my payment is. I am refinancing to avoid having to call them every month to tell them to take all of the previous months payments and put them towards the mortgage instead of principal...on top of that I lose all of the interest that I gained by paying weekly because they can not reimburse me for it when I call at the end of the month to have all of the payments changed from principal payments to mortgage payments...Fvck you Well's Fargo.