Having problems with Wells Fargo?

1800 869 3557 (Customer Service)
+1 800 378 0575 (Portfolio by Wells Fargo)
+1 800 556 0605 (Express Send Service)
+1 800 626 9430 (Foreign Exchange)
+1 855 872 2932 (Military Banking)
+1 800 642 4720 (Credit Cards Account Management)
+1 925 825 7600 (International Collect Calls)
+1 800 932 6736 (Apply by Phone or Online)
+1 800 967 9521 (Application Status for Visa Credit Cards)
+1 877 514 3717 (Application Status for Propel American Express Cards)
+1 877 517 1358 (Redeem Rewards)
+1 800 869 3557 (Debit Cards)
+1 800 357 6675 (Home Mortgage Account Management)
+1 877 937 9357 (Home Buying and Refinancing)
+1 866 936 7272 (Mortgage Military Customer Service)
+1 866 820 9199 (Home Equity Account Management)
+1 800 289 8004 (Auto Loans)
+1 877 700 9345 (Auto Finance)
+1 800 378 5526 (Student Loans)
+1 877 315 7723 (Student Loan Consolidations)
+1 877 269 6056 (Personal Loans and Lines of Credit)
+1 800 946 2626 (Personal Lines of Credit)
+1 800 728 3123 (401(k) Retirement Plans)
+1 800 222 8222 (Individual Investors)
+1 888 877 9275 (Investment Professionals)
+1 866 765 0778 (Institutional Sales Professionals)
+1 866 281 7436 (Current IRA Customers)
+1 866 243 0931 (New Brokerage Customers)
+1 800 872 3377 (WellsTrade Online Brokerage)
+1 877 493 4727 (New IRAs and Rollovers)
+1 800 352 3705 (Trust and Managed Investments)
+1 888 715 0380 (Wells Fargo Private Bank)
+1 800 956 4442 (Wells Fargo Online)
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, North Carolina

Complaints & Reviews

unsolicited phone calls

For the past few days, my workplace has been receiving phone calls that hang up when you answer--about 5-10 a day. I finally got so fed up with it that I star-sixty-nined the number--[protected]. 'Andy' answered at Wells Fargo Financial. I told him we'd been getting these hang up phone calls from this number; he asked the number and my name. When I told him who I was, he said, 'We're not looking for you.' and hung up on me!!

I called back and spoke to Andy again. I said 'You just hung up on me.' He said, 'No, we're not looking for you.' I said 'That's fine, but I need to speak to your supervisor.' This guy literally laughed at me and said 'Absolutely not.'

I was stunned, and he started to try to hang up again and I literally yelled into the phone 'No no no! This is a business, and I don't know WHO you're looking for, but this is a business phone number and you are harassing us. If you continue to do this, I will call the police. GOOD BYE!' Then I hung up on HIM.

It is incredible to me that a business with as big a name as Wells Fargo doesn't care about the kind of reputation jerks like Andy give them. I certainly won't EVER do business with this company. And I'm not even who they were looking for!

• Vi
    vicky l howard Jun 22, 2009

I have a complaint, this company is calling me at least 10 times per day.This makes no sense, I answer the firrst call explain when I will make the payment. I was told the call will continue until the payment is made. This is harrassment, not customer service. I can't believe a corporation this large would allow their customer service representive to conduct themself in this matter. Wells Fargo Financial is a horrible company, their cash on demand card is a joke. This just another way to keep you in debt with ridiculous interest rates. I will be e-mailing our Attorney General in Missouri, this can not continue.

• Me
    Metry Jul 15, 2009

Wells Fargo Financial is a company that is third-ier at best. DO NOT do business with these people. DO NOT, I repeat...do business with these people. Disrespect, harrassment...all from Mumbai.

• Ju
    Julie50 Sep 29, 2009

I agree. I cannot believe that a global bank would allow their customer service people to behave in such a manner: intimidation, threats, rudeness, disrespect (even to our 8 year old who happened to answer the phone), condesention, the list goes on. BTW: if it makes you feel any better these people have the IQ of a carrot. Toady when they called (from Oregon), my husband answered the phone and when they asked for him, he told them, "well, he's not here right now, said he was heading to Oregon". They were so stupid they didn't even get it. WF should overhaul their whol employee system and train these people in etiquette. I think seriously they were raised by wolves in a cave somewhere in Afganistan (btw: Afganistan doesn't even HAVE wolves so what does that tell you???).

AnitaS.415 Feb 03, 2010

sounds like just your typical collection person looking for someone skipping out on payments.

payment not authorized on date

This company has done this to us twice in the past 9 months. Ok, I know my payment was late but in this economy that is the way it is. In May 08 they did the same thing took out a payment on a date prior to when it was suppose to be done. I figured it was human error. Back then they did not refund the payment and the bank we were at did not do late fees, lucky for us.
However, this time the payment was taken out 10 days prior to authorization date, and our new bank does late fees. This is a nightmare. Our only hope is we caught it in time with me checking online banking everyday and the bank will be able to send it back to them for insufficient funds in our account. When they call for payment and a date is given for them to take it out thats the date the consumer expects for a reason. I'm hoping our bank can stop payment and sock it to them. Yes, we will still owe the payment but on our terms on the date they were told. If you have these people for a loan NEVER DO A PHONE PAY OR ANY TYPE OF PRE-PAY!!! NEVER!! There should be a suit brought against them!

ridiculous atm fees

I will never go to Wells Fargo again. Talk about a bank who is desperate for cash. Keep in mind that I am not a Wells Fargo customer and I am thankful that I am not. My car broke down while I was at the dry cleaners. The tow truck driver was cash only so I had no choice but to go to an ATM. The closest one, mind you I was walking, was at the Wells Fargo about a block away. I swiped my card and it made me check my balance-there was no option on the screen not to, and they did not say anything on the screen about a charge for this service. Then I took out 80.00 and they charged me 3.00 to do so. Fine, whatever, it was an emergency situation. When I got back to work and checked my bank account online I saw that they charged me 3.00 to take out the money, 2.00 to check the balance-which I did not need in the first place, and then my bank charged my 2.00 for using a different ATM. That's right-I paid 7.00 to take out money in an emergency situation. Can someone tell me what is wrong here? I will never go to a Wells Fargo ATM ever again.
-E

poor buisness practices.

I have an auto loan thru Wells Fargo. They have taken money from my bank account, without my permission, which caused late fees. I complain to my bank, fill out the paper work, still waiting to get my money back. They charged me an extra $100 a month for not having insurance, took awhile but was able to prove I had full coverage the entire time, and Geico was able to provide proof of this, as well as proof that they had let WF know I had insurance thru them. Rather than refund the money they scammed from me, they took it from the principle.I have a family to feed they have no right to steal my money then apply it as they seem fit.Now that Iam trying to recoup the $75.00 fee from the bank for WF Illegaly over drawing my account, they put a "other fee" of $74.60 on my latest bill. I am outraged at this, but I don't know what to do. I haven't made my payment yet, not sure if I will, but I hate to ruin my credit and have this over me.

• Fe
    fedup Apr 24, 2009

What can we do to stop these people. They lost a payment for mine for 7 months. I showed them proof that they received and cashed the money order I sent them probably 10 times or more and it still took them forever to credit my payment. Then almost a year to get them to remove the 30 day late from my credit. I asked for a deferment due to an upcoming surgery and they said sure, but you have to call back when you are one day late. I did that and they said no. I told them if I'd known I couldn't defer a payment, I would have made other plans knowing I was going to be out of work for a month. These people lie, steal and deceive. I will NEVER do business with them again after this car is paid off. If it wouldn't stop my chances to finance another vehicle, I'd take the car and park it up their ### and tell them to keep it.

terrible bank

This past week my expenses exceeded my income and my account balance went negative. It's not because I'm living beyond my means - buying all sorts of stupid nonsense. My spending is not out of control. It's because my means have dropped significantly below the cost of living. This time it was the gas bill ($238.61) and the phone bill ($77.95) - both auto-pay. If I could have avoided it, I would have.

I know it's my fault. It's my job to make enough money to pay the bills. I won't go into all the methods that Wells Fargo Bank uses to steer people into overdrafts. And, I know that the official policy of Wells Fargo Bank is to aggressively take advantage of such situations and make as much money as possible from overdraft fees. And, it's common knowledge that our government (both state and federal) allows banks to do this with impunity. In fact, the government facilitates this activity. But, this report isn't about any of that. I'm writing this report to warn people about new tactics that Wells Fargo Bank used in my recent situation in an attempt to prolong the overdraft feeding frenzy.

Three deposits were made to my account since it went negative. The first one was two days ago, the second was yesterday. But, neither of these brought the balance above zero. Combined, they exceeded the original overdrafts (gas and phone bills) with some margin to spare. But, they didn't cover the overdraft fees ($455) for every little subsequent transaction (several small postage purchases). The third deposit was today and it did restore the account. All three deposits were from my merchant bank account (credit card processing). Basically, these were from credit card sales that I had earlier in the week. There have been six such deposits this month - all from the same source. Over the many years that I have operated my business, there have been several thousand such deposits.

Here's where the new scam starts:

1. I received a call from a Wells Fargo Bank representative this morning. She wanted to let me know that there was an unusual deposit in my account. She explained that the bank had flagged it as suspicious and suspected that it was some kind of fraudulent activity. They were going to deny it if I hadn't answered the phone and verified the source. Lucky me! If I hadn't answered the phone then this overdraft feeding frenzy would have continued through the weekend and well into the next week as I tried to get the merchant bank to re-submit the deposit!

Who ever heard of fraudulent deposit transactions? This is a new one on me! And, it's pretty difficult for me to believe that nobody noticed most of the other deposits in my account were from the exact same source.

2. The second thing that she tells me is that my debit cards have been cancelled. I didn't report them lost or stolen. There were no suspicious or fraudulent purchases. So I asked her why they did this. She explained that it was done because my account was overdrawn. They have never done this on any previous overdraft situations so I asked her why they did it this time. Why didn't they just deny payment? She claimed that there is a 'law' which prohibits them from denying payment for a debit card transaction - even when the account is empty. The only way for them to stop transactions is to cancel the cards. Well, this is complete nonsense and I told her so. There is no such law. The whole system is set up to allow for charges to be denied. That's why debit card transactions are labeled 'pending' in the account for the first two days. The money doesn't actually transfer until the merchant does a batch settlement and the charges are processed through the system.

She went on to tell me that I could open up a different kind of checking account with a debit card that allowed them to deny payment if the account was empty. Somehow, this 'law' was able to tell the difference between these two types of accounts. What she described sounded a lot like a 'pre-paid credit card', which has a considerable amount of fees and overhead. That's when I realized that she was going to try and sell me yet another predatory financial product so I told her that I wasn't interested.

It puzzled me for quite some time why Wells Fargo Bank would cancel my cards and use such a stupid lame excuse. Then it occurred to me. The overdraft fee is posted long before the actual money is transferred. 'Pending' transactions can't be voided or modified after the card is canceled. If they didn't cancel the card, then I could have called up vendors and asked them to void the transactions and accept a different card or form of payment. Their precious overdraft fees would have vaporized into nothing.

3. Now, I've had my debit cards canceled before. It's a major hassle. I use them with most of my suppliers and service providers. I can't order supplies and goods that I need to fill orders. Several on-line services receive payment through these cards. My business comes to a screeching halt and I can't make money until I receive the new cards. My bank account shrinks and, you guessed it, becomes overdrawn again. So, getting these cards sent out quickly is paramount to me. Therefore, I insist that she verify the address. She reads back an address that I haven't used in nearly ten years! I know that they have my current address because I receive my bank statements and my payments are accepted (phone orders require address and zip code verification). In fact, replacement cards have been sent to the new address in previous card cancellation episodes. So, it's pretty difficult to imagine why Wells Fargo was all primed to send my new cards to a bogus address. Beyond doubt, their arrival would have been hopelessly delayed.

Well, at this point I wasn't sure what to think. I suspected that she was not a real Wells Fargo Agent so I challenged her authority. She provided confidential information verifying to my satisfaction that she was the genuine article. Then she reads the correct address, verifying that she knew where to send the cards all along. It's hard for me to believe that this wasn't yet another deliberate tactic.

You would think that banks would be treading pretty lightly these days. Apparently not so with Wells Fargo Bank. The malevolent greed which created the banking crisis is still alive and well creating more scams like the ones I have described here. Beware of Wells Fargo Bank, they are constantly dreaming up new and clever tricks to use against their customers.

• Valerie Nov 25, 2008

I agree to the woman with the file #379797. Wells fargo is making money off honest people. The bank says that they don't have to tell you anything about overdraft charges or when the cut off of deposit for the same day!! I have asked the employees of the Rohnert Park Branch, they say that they don't have to answer the consumers questions. I owe OVER $100.00 in overdraft fees, they don't tell you that when you use your ATM card for purchases that they can take it out TWICE!! Which is really unlawful, the merchant gets the cut and so does the bank! If i am going to use my ATM card to purchase one thing, i will NOT be charged for it twice!!! Plus if they don't close your acct when you tell them to, they add on a $5 every day until you pay for their mistake! THERE SHOULD BE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

• Ad
    Adriana Dec 15, 2008

We have been customers of Wells Fargo bank for about two years. We are currently in the process of seeking out a more honest bank to switch our accounts to.

Wells Fargo has made it a habit of fabricating overdraft charges every month and in all has probably stolen more than $1000 from us by doing this. They do this by 'moving around' charges so that if we come close to 'going over' they can charge more overdrafts by putting smaller charges towards the end.

They do this by charging Overdraft fees on the SAME day we make large deposits. They do this AFTER we have deposited the money; acting as though it was not yet in there.

They do this by placing a 'hold' on our PAYCHECKS when we deposit them. Our PAYCHECKS!! They will not clear them until midnight that day or sometimes not until midnight the NEXT day. These are paychecks from known, reputable companies.

Despite REPEATED efforts over the years (ten+ times) of talking with a banking representative, they have only agreed to take off a charge ONCE. Most all of our phone calls to the bank results in them 'talking down' to us and suggesting that we manage our money better.

This company is shady at best and does NOT have the customer's best interest in mind. We would very much be willing to participate in a class-action lawsuit, if anyone is pursuing one.

I would definitely recommend that people watch out for this bank and not let them get a hold of your hard-earned money like they have done to us and so many others.

• Ad
    adrianlopez Dec 22, 2008

join the lawsuite at http://www.wfblawsuit.com/ and inform everyone else,
    who deserve to get the settlement .

• Ji
    Jim Apr 02, 2009

I called them yesterday morning about the damage they had done with all the extra overdraft fees and they were just plain rude. I had bought an energy drink on Friday and they overdrafted. So a single can cost me $38.00. They said the have the wright to charge a overdraft fee for each transaction. On my way to work I had to make a purchase and new I would overdraft because they wiped out my account but what I didn't expect was three (3) overdraft fee for the one (1) transaction. That's got to be illegal. If you want to file a suite then reply here and we can get the ball rolling...

• Ro
    Robert May 04, 2009

I was charged a $25 annual fee for the Wells Fargo Check Card Rewards program. I was surprised to see this fee because I canceled the program three years ago. It took a 15 minute call and talking with three customer service reps before one admitted that there was an error made and yes I had indeed canceled the program three years ago. Seems, they explained, that I was somehow re-enrolled on April 1st and then charged the $25 fee. The customer service rep said this had been happening recently to some customers with no further information. She said she would have to de-enroll me in the Check Card Rewards program and that it would take 7-10 business days for them to return the money to my bank account. I'm curious about how many others were 'accidentally' charged this bogus fee. I'm suspicious that Wells Fargo will ignore this problem with their system because they assume most folks won't notice a little extra $25 fee taken from their bank accounts.

Sam Jul 27, 2009

I paid off my student loan, last July of 2007. I got the exact payoff from them direct. Since than they have said that I still owe 400$. They are nasty, they lie and say they have no notes. In May of January, and May of 2008 I sent them 60$, and than 100$, I spoke to the rep and we agreed I was done and the account would be satisfied as an agreement. Well here I am, October of 2008, they still say, I owe them 400$, they are threating me, my father, and I am frustrated. I am also a New York City Fireifgter, who just received two stents in my heart. I am freaking out!!! I hope someone can help me!!!

AniOR Nov 30, 2009

Happened to me too (excessive O/D fee's and ridiculous WF employee excuses why they cant assist you) ~ the first couple times I just dealt with it ~ then the last time I took the info down to the Branch, explained how the charges were incorrectly hitting my account which is causing the O/D's ...the Branch Manager said she didnt have the authority to change anything ~ even tho all I was asking is the extra O/D fee's to be removed and how I could prove with receipts ect and even the shops deposit records that WF was posting the charges incorrectly. When the branch wouldnt do anything about it ~ I scanned all the info and sent to the customer service contact given to me to contact. This is what I got back

*********************************************************************************************************
    Overdraft and Return Check fees are posted to your account on the business day after the actual overdraft occurs.
    In reviewing your overdraft fees, I found that although you made your Check Card purchase at xxxx for $8.25 and $5.75 on 10/16/2009, xxxx did not present this transaction to Wells Fargo for payment until 10/19/2009.

(more blah blah blah on how its not THEIR FAULT etc ... but note I never said it was or wasnt their fault I was asking that 2 of the 3 O/D charges be removed because I could prove with receipts that their was funds in the account at the time of the charge...but Nooooooo they'd rather lose a customer than lose their precious extra fee's and predatory income they sooooo rely on ...all Ive found are bad reports on Wells Fargo ~ so never again with me and Im telling everyone I know how they treated me...the letter continued)

At your request, I have closed your Custom Management Checking account effective today.
    We realize that in today's environment, customer service often becomes the deciding factor when a customer chooses a financial institution. Wells Fargo is truly committed to coming through for its customers. ( Yah right~~!) Our goal is to continue to meet and exceed your service expectations. (If that was so a simple ~ removal of excess fee's wouldve been the answer!)
    We are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations but hope you will allow us the chance to serve you again in the future. (Again ~ Never again!!! EVER!)

~ BOY COTT WELLS FARGO ~ until they change their policys.

• Tr
    TRUKIA58 Mar 08, 2010

WELLS FARGO WORSE THAN BANK OF AMERICA? Let's face the facts, the big bank doesn't care about their customers, especially on "small" accounts (read as me and you).

Seems to me they must be very busy adding up all the fees and ways to collect more fees from their small account holders...this must be why they treat their customers so badly in their branch offices. Wells Fargo has obviously been on a big campaign to gain a large market share of our local Hispanic community, but once they have accounts the bad customer service begins. It is unbelievable to me the way they treat their customers who feel compelled to come into the branch for teller assistance. Their policy seems to be to keep only one window open for every fifteen or more customers in line and to completely ignore their merchant customers (assigning only one teller while all the other on duty tellers completely ignore the merchant customers) and then close windows for breaks and parties / meetings in the vault during peak hours. The employees aren't there to provide customer service, but to hide from their customers. Ladies and Gentlemen behind the counter...you aren't good at customer service...move on to another job! Don't take it out on us (the customers) we did not choose your career track.

When I have complained, the teller calls over the teller supervisor du jour who then says they will tell the manager. I'm 100% sure the manager never hears about it and the sincerity of this interaction is non existent...they must hear the same complaint all day, but don't seem to be convinced they need to improve.

Take your money to a local credit union. Wells Fargo, BofA, Chase...they are all exactly the same...use a credit union.

filing wrong information/ rude customer service (supervisor)

have been banking with Wells Fargo for a few years now and I also have a car loan with Wells Fargo, and I am always on time on my car payments. I have been very satisfied with your personal until today. On February, 2008 I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance to inform that I was laid off of work and I wasn’t going to be able to make my entire car payment on time. I ask the lady that was helping me if I could pay a part of my car payment on that day and if there any way I could pay the rest on the 25th . She told me that I could do that. She set up an check payment for the 25th and I agreed. After speaking to the customer service personal I drove to Wells Fargo Bank and I made a payment of $224.36 on February 6, 2008. I was very satisfy with the Customer service personal because I thought she had help me. I was checking my e-mail on February 12, 2008 and I notice an e-mail from Wells Fargo titled Insufficient Funds. I open the email and read that my account didn’t have “Insufficient Funds “ I didn’t understand what was going on, so I checked my account online and I notice that my account had two overdraft of $35.00 I didn’t understand. I had about $200.00 on my account just to get me through the rest of the month and now I am over. I notice that Wells Fargo auto Finance took 197.18 out of my account. I was very confuse because I made the agreement that my bank account was going to be charge on the 25th . I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance and spoke to a gentlemen . He was very nice and he sound like he was trying to help me out . I explain to him that I agreed to electronic payment for the 25th of February, but no for the 11th of February, He then told me that he will talk to his supervisor and he put me on hold for abut 10 minutes. Once he got on the phone he explain to me that he spoke to his supervisor and she said that they can’t reverse the charge, but what they can do is send you a check of the amount that was charge on my account. Then I would have to fax them my account statement that states the overdraft fees so they can reimbursed me for the overdraft fees. I said “okay”, I agreed, the I asked him “ what am I going to do about the fees that are added to my account for being over each day“? He said “ I will need to talk to my supervisor about that issue“ .I asked him if I can please talk to his supervisor and he transferred me over to Mrs. Beddy. I explain to her about the misunderstanding and how my account was charged on the 11th of February and how I didn’t agree to this charge. I told her “why would I go to Wells Fargo bank the same day I had called to make a payment, instead of depositing the cash and just waiting for the check to go through on the 11th, this doesn’t make any sense at all. She then told me that she really could not do anything for me at all. Then I asked her about what the customer personal had told me about the check and faxing over my bank statement that show the over fees to fax number [protected], He gave me this number so I can process this information to them and they would reimburse me the overdraft fees and send me a check with the amount that was taken out of my account with out my “permission“. She denied that she ever gave him any authorization to tell me the information he gave me. I really don’t believe this is true because he put me on hold to speak to a supervisor, then when I asked to talk to the supervisor he transferred me to Mrs. Beddy. Mrs. Beddy is wha twhe said her name was when I asked her for her name. Then when I asked to have the names of the person who first file the wrong information on the computer she told me that she couldn’t release that information for security reasons . Then when I asked her to give me the name of the person that I was speaking to before her, she said that she couldn’t release that information for security reasons also, but she knows who he is, this is what she said.Once again I asked her so you never said or okayed any thing the costumer representative personal told me that you okayed? She said no, so I told her “ so he is given me wrong or false information ? At this point I was in tears because I couldn’t believe how rude she was with me. She told me that she never said anything because there is nothing that they can do for me . So then I told her that her worker just gave me false information, so what I am stating is true that her workers are making mistakes on there customers accounts. One entered wrong information and the other told me wrong or false information according to the supervisor and to what I have heard. One of the Wells Fargo Auto Finance personal entered the wrong information then the other customer personal is gave me false hopes and information, At this point I am very stressed out and feeling very depressed that Wells Fargo cant help me when I asked for help. I am always on top of my car payment and I am never late and the one time I do asked for help I come out paying $ 90.00 in overdraft fees that I cant afford in the first place. The money that I had in my Wells Fargo bank account was for food for my family and gas for the rest of the month until I get paid. I have a family, I have to take care of especially in this hard economical crises we are in. I have so much stressed at this moment that I really can handle any more. Mrs. Beddy if this is her real name gave me the hardest most afoul time I have ever had in my life when dealing with customer service personal . I was crying, I just didn’t know what to do. I asked her for a number where I can call to file a complain and she gave me the same number I called to reach her [protected] this to me is like she was laughing at my face, and she was abusing her power. I expected more professionalism when speaking to a supervisor, but when I spoke to Mrs. Beddy I received the total opposite. I asked her if any of my calls were recorded? and if they where if she could listen to then, so I can prove that I didn’t authorized the first Electronic Payment on the 11th of February and she can hear when I told the young lady that I was going to make my first payment right when I get off the phone with her and I did. I also told her if she can hear the conversation that I had with the gentleman I spoke with before her, so she can hear what he told me about sending me a check for the amount that was taken out of my account and to fax over the bank statement so they can reimburse my overdraft fees. She said” no we don’t record any of our conversations with our customers. I just couldn’t believe how bad this lady made me feel. I called Wells Fargo Auto Finance to inform them that I didn’t have all the money to make my care payment, that I only had half and if the can “help” me by letting me pay the rest of the money on the 25th of February and this simple plea for help turn out to be the worst experience I ever had with Wells Fargo. The conversation ended and then I called wells Fargo Customer Service and the lady I spoke with was very respectful and nice. I explained to her my situation and what had happen and she actually made me feel good. She explained to me what I can do and how she can help. She made me feel relaxed and she gave me hope that something can be done for my situation. I want to thank you for having employed like this lady I spoke with. I really do believe that Mrs. Beddy need to get replaced. I work Customer Service and I always speak to my customers with respect and courtesy and if there’s a problem with any thing I try to help as much as I can. Mrs. Beddy lied to me and made me feel like I was a liar. I am not a liar. I am a person who is going through hard times and is looking for some help. I am a hard working person that likes keeping up with all my bills. I don’t like staying behind on any of my accounts and the one time I asked for help there was a misunderstanding and when I try to fix the problem by speaking to what I thought where experts one so call lied to me and the supervisor made me feel like if I was trash. There has to be justice regarding my situation and what I have experience today on February 12, 2008. I wish that no honest, hard working person experience what I have experience with Mrs. Beddy at no moment in there life’s. I would never wish this treatment that I have experience with Wells Fargo Auto Finance on any other person not even on people who don’t pay there bills on time or at all.There has to be some kind of justice to this matter.

I dint authorized an electronic payment for the 11th of February and the supervisor was very rude and nasty with me, when I spoke with her about the matter

• Li
    linda russell Apr 24, 2009

I been dealing with Wells Fargo regarding a problem I am having I have a 2005 car financed threw which I regret since the day I did it. I lost my job and have fallen behind on the payments I called ans explained it to them but they dobt care I made arrangrments with them to pay so much a week to stop with the reposession it might work but i dont really think they will laeve me alone they are the rudes people I have ever dealt with . Yes I am wrong but Iam asking them for help and they dont want to hear it . The arrangementsI made I hope they dont still take my car you Dont know because you mever talk to he same person twice it always some one different everytime you cal. and they all ave to make a different arrangment. they are driving me crazy and I am really going to work on getting this caugt up so Idont have to talk to there people again and I will NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN AND I WILL TELL EVERT ONE I KOW DONT DEAL WITH THEM THEY ARE TO NASTY TO THE CUSTOMERS. YHANK YOU LINDA RUSSELL NEW PALTZ, NY

terrible everything

This company has put me through hell. Due to the current mortgage and economic crisis I have had issues with making my payments on time. My goal was to keep my house out of foreclosure. My income has been decreased nearly $100, 000 per year. I received a letter from EMC asking for me to call them so they could 'help' me. This is not what I found when I called them. Both people I talked to were rude including the supervisor. I called and spoke to a person who wanted all my financial info to see if they could qualify me for a hardship program. After reviewing my information she told me 'you are beyond help' and 'you should consider getting rid of your car or getting rid of your house' She then went on to comment on the amount of my car payment and said 'well if you weren't paying XXX a month for your car maybe you could pay your house payment and maybe if you didn't have all that credit card debt then you could make your house payment' I explained to her that I'm used to making a significant amount of money and this financial hardship isn't due to lack of responsibility. I've always been able to pay my mortgage and my bills consistently for the last 4 years. I also pointed out that I've always made my payments on time up until this happened and she didn't care about that. She suggested that I consider putting my house up for sale and do a short sale. Wait, I'm trying to keep my home here and keep making my payments and be responsible. Based on my situation I was trying to explore my options to see if I would qualify as the letter had suggested for some help to get me on track again. She was extremely rude and I asked to talk to her supervisor. In a nut shell, the supervisor told me 'you're so far gone you need to sell your house.' I said 'I'm trying to save my house, pay you and not have this home foreclosed on.' My frustration was mounting and he proceeded to tell me that I was 'taking out my frustration on him and that I was made at him for not helping me' That wasn't the case at all. I was upset with how rude and unwilling to help these 2 people were. They also treated me as if I was a low life person who doesn't pay their bills because I'm out spending money somewhere else. The supervisor ended up hanging up on me.

Bottom line, EMC is a terrible company and if you're looking for good customer service or for their representatives to be curious think again because it won't happen. I'm surprised this company is still in business given the way they treat their customers. That call was very hard for me to make. I've not been in this position and to be treated that way was very demeaning.

• Os
    Osei Apr 06, 2009

To say that customer service is rude is a compliment towards this Organization that is as f--ked up as truck load of coat hangers. I've called at least 8 times in the past 4 months attempting to get a loan modification. Every single time I call no one has a record of the past calls and I go through the same s-it time and time again. It seems there are least 8 depts within a department and no one knows anything. I've faxed all the documents that were requested twice and each time I'm informed that the procedure has changed and I need to send them again. It is beyond frustrating and the only solution I see that will end the madness is to fire the CEO and top management in public; perhaps on Times Square (New Years eve). I also think it only befitting that a thorough ### whipping should precede the ceremony.

• Kb
    KBCB Sep 28, 2009

I HAVE SUBMITTED ALL MY DOCUMENTS TO EMC FOR THE MODIFICATION OF MY MORTGAGE LOAN FIVE TIMES WITHIN A THREE MONTH PERIOD. WHEN I CALL I WAS TRANSFERED TO ABOUT THREE DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS AND NO ONE COULD HELP ME WITH AN ANSWER, THIS HAS BEEN GOING FROM FEBRUARY 09 I GOT SOMETHING NEW IN THE MAIL TO FILL OUT IN JULY, I FILLED THEM OUT AND FAX IT TO THEM HAS THEY REQUESTED AND I WAITED AND CALLED TWICE AND NOBODY COULD GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER. I WAS GIVEN THE SAME PAPERS AGAIN THREE TIMES TO FILL OUT AND I AGAIN FAXED THEM IN AS THEY REQUESTED. I AM SO WORN OUT NOW I AM ABOUT TO PASS OUT, "MIND YOU THIS IS A INTEREST ONLY LOAN THAT THEY SET UP FOR ME WHICH WAS A TOTAL RIP OFF.

do not work for this company!

I was a phone banker at wells fargo and first off, they pretty much lie to you during the interview. They try to say it is all about customer service but all the job is, is referring products and services that 90% of the time the person does not need. And they are very aggressive about it but during the 6 weeks of training you pretty much don't learn anything about the products so you are just pulling info out of your ### and if you ask for more information about anything you just get brushed off.

They have schedule "bids" where you are supposed to get to bid on a schedule before it is offered to the new hires (new training classes with 10-20 people every two weeks- should have been a huge warning sign) but the only schedules they offer the people already working there are the bottom of the barrel with the new hires having the most coveted spots.

People were getting fired around me left and right for believing information that my supervisor gave them. More than one person called in to find out if they had enough points to call in (our attendance was based on a jacked up points system) and she would tell them they had plenty only to call them later that day and say they were fired because of attendance.

We have our calls recorded and are graded on them. There was a discrepancy in our Virtual Library which is pretty much the phone bankers bible which resulted in a call of mine receiving a zero which is really bad, obviously. About 5 team leads, managers and even our centers QA expert agreed that it was mis-scored but my supervisor could not even comprehend what we were saying at all. She finally agreed to file a dispute. They next day I had to go to a meeting with my supervisor and her manager about the call and I explained what all we had discussed and said that we had filed a dispute and my supervisor looked at me like I was an idiot and said that we did not that I should have received the zero. Then two days later I walk in and get a hug and a congrats from that same supervisor because my dispute was found in my favor. The dispute that was never filed.

I finally got completely fed up and put in my two weeks and was told that I should probably leave. Knowing that if our supervisor tells us to leave in this situation they still have to pay the two weeks (she does this with everyone who quits- which is a lot of people) I try to verify that I would get paid and she said that was impossible but that I should still probably go. I had a training class for the job i had secured as a replacement in exactly two weeks and could not go without that money and had told her that upfront. I told her that if she wouldn't pay me I was staying. She was really mad. She told me that I shouldn't have put in my two weeks and I should have just left when I wanted. I explained that I was following company policy. She then tried to say I should go so I could start my job earlier and I explained for the 3rd time it didn't start for two weeks. She just got all huffy and left (early as usual) for the day soon after. I found in our handbook the policy regarding the pay situation and emailed it too her and left.

For the next 3 days i was trying to get ahold of my hr consultant only to be told that he was on leave. So I finally got ahold of his supervisor who was incredibly rude and put out that I was even talking to her. The next day I get a message on my phone that she talked to my supervisor and her manager and that my supervisor had begged me to stay and that both of them had been trying to call me everyday multiple times a day. And that I had abandoned my job and I would not be getting paid. And that I shouldn't call her back.

I did try to call her back repeatedly because I had phone records proving that no one tried to call me at all. (I did receive one call after the hr lady talked to them- full of fake concern about my well being and stating that they had been trying to get ahold of me- thru telepathy I guess).

Finally the only person in the company that seemed genuine at all, the hr consultant from the lubbock phone bank called and actually listened and within the day called me back telling me I was right and I would be getting paid. She said she had to go higher than usual because she kept getting the run around. She was amazing and I can't thank her enough.

This company is shady. I would not even recommend banking with them.

• Ag
    a.good.cherry Jan 28, 2010

I totally agree!! I work there and fing hate it... and this is why?

I was on leave from 11-13 till 12-27 (once extended) all per my doctor. However I did not receive my direct deposit for the last 2 weeks of leave. Keep in mind you only receive 65% of pay on leave, so missing a week off 2 separate checks hurts. One thing led to another and my direct deposit account received 4 overdraft fees... ($140) should have been $210 but due to funky processing I saved two! thank goodness :) With that said all 4 overdrafts were on bills, (car insurance, doctor bills... etc) not frivolous ###.

Now as to why I did not get paid... Metlife did not receive documentation from my doctor in a timely fashion (in actuality it was received 5 days prior to them canceling the claim) I also had communication with metlife during the time who assured me everything was fine. I contacted my financial institution who happens to be my work... Wells Fargo has a policy if any overdraft fees occur as the result of an irregular direct deposit. (which obviously happened) they will reverse the fees as a bank error.

NOW why Im really pissed...

After speaking to my Manager--who informed me that no they could not do anything for me and that I needed to call the phone bank and act as a customer & my HR manager told me to call employee assistance counseling...wtf? I preceded to check all my options by calling our HR department who informed me (and I quote) "Since its my personal doctor its my personal problem!" Are you serious?? I then spoke to the executive office and was hung up on. Now keep in mind I still do not have my check and I am out $140.00 (UPDATE amount is now up to 600.00 ) for something I could have not controlled. grrrrr (had I had the money when I was supposed to it wouldnt have made it up to 600.00 either. PS I havent had an overdraft in over 10 years!!!

I am so disappointed in not only my financial institution but the company I work for, the company I personally have made up to $200, 000 for and they cannot reverse $140.00. Now tell me how you can work and make money for a company that obviously does not care about their customers or their employees? I do not want to represent a company that in all honesty doesn't care about their customers.

• Wf
    WFHM Mar 09, 2010

Hmmm, it seems like each of you had a bad experience, and it's understandable to be upset, but both complaints seem very irrational. You can't blame an entire company for decisions made by a select few people. In an organization with hundreds of thousands of employees (I am an employee fyi), there are so many different sectors and decisions makers on that sectors level. Your complaint should be directed towards that management sector, if you were trying to make a more rational argument. For example, I am am employee who is extremely happy and fulfilled with my job. The company and benefits are excellent. I will be brutally honest...and mean no offense, but what do you expect from a call center job really? I mean in reality, they are stressful, the demands at WF are no different than any other call center. Attendance is a high priority, AHT, call recording, shift bids, this is all standard. You just seem like you didn't like the call center environment. My advice, find a different field and stay off the phone. I personally couldn't do Call Center CS. (and yes, any call center job is going to require you to push products and services, but guess what, those products and services are what drive revenue for the company and allows them to employ you...think about it) As for you getting paid for 2 weeks and not working it...unless you have accrued PTO then you shouldn't be paid if you don't work? Why would you expect to be? And yes management will sometimes offer you the opportunity not to return on your notice, but I have never known them to force you not to, and if you want to be paid, then just stay, sure your sup may be grumpy about it, so what, it's 10 days, deal with it and you're gone. I apologize again but a lot of the details you added it seem to be just that, "add-ins" to make you're position sound better, but it highly unlikely a lot of the things you said about lies, and forcing you out, and etc by HR, that any of it is true. HR professionals are highly educated, highly paid positions, and usually are very impartial, meaning they do not typically "take sides" with management simply because they're management. Since most HR Consultants are higher in the hierarchy than most supv/managers, and higher paid. In short, they don't answer to your manager, who has no influence over their standing in the company. But in any instance, good luck with your future endeavors. Best of luck.

As for the 2nd complainant, you are completely misdirecting your complaint. WF did nothing wrong, you should be upset with your disability/insurance carrier, Metlife. They made the mistake, you just want WF to pay you for MetLife's mistakes, sorry that's not the way it works ;(

best of luck to both of you!

-MacGruber- Apr 01, 2011

why did you not just write down the confirmation number?

never again!

I bought some Lazy Boy furniture because it came with an 18 month SAC financed through Wells Fargo. I made payments enough to pay it off in the 18 months. Unfortunately I also used a portion of the "credit line" for other purchases. I made payments enough to pay off the furniture but Wells Fargo applies your payments however they want. I even made a large payment over $1000 which was supposed to be applied against the Lazy Boy account. They applied it to the credit card instead. Then they hit me for the finance charges on the furniture. So the SAC program with them is a bogus scam. Don't Fall For It! Their website allows you to make a payment but you cannot direct it towards what they call a "sub" account. And you can't check your account balance or see how your payments were applied. There also isn't a place on your statement to show that you can direct any over-payment to one account versus the other. I'll never do business with them again. Think maybe I will go to CitiFinancial.

• Do
    dontbankwellsfargo Mar 26, 2009

i so strongly agree!!! Wells Fargo is a ripper!!! how come such a financial institution still exists!!! i hope it goes bankrupt really soon!!! they are Predators!!!

Sam11 Jan 08, 2010

We applied for a Consumer Credit Loan with Wells Fargo through a local Mattress Giant outlet. We took it out only because of the "No Interest" promo if regular monthly payments were made and the loan was paid off within a specified amount of time. Everything was fine for the first ten months, the in October on 2009 they changed their account number system from a 9-digit number to a 16-digit number. We received one last statement in October of 2009, and now it has hit the fan. First we received a call on a Saturday when the November payment was 6 days late, basically demanding a payment in excess of two months minimum payment to "bring the account current". But we had already accrued a $39.00 late fee. This was supposedly waived as a courtesy by the phone rep, but I have nothing in hand to indicate this is the case. We have still not received a current statement since Oct. 10th of 2009. The phone representatives are inconsiderate and surly, and their pat line is "the statements were mailed out" and they have no reports of any statements being returned to them. I have received every other piece of mail I expect: mortgage statements, car payment notices, utility bills, other credit cards, all with NO PROBLEMS except for Wells Fargo. The account was opened in my wife's name, but she is now ill and takes medication that has her going to sleep at 4 in the afternoon, so I have been trying to deal with Wells Fargo. First she had to authorize me with them to discuss anything, which I understood, but when I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told only the account holder could ask for a supervisor. I woke my wife in the evening here on the East coast to call them before they closed, as they're not open on the weekends. When she got a supervisor on the line and tried to authorize me to speak to them, he told her that he could only talk to the account holder and that if she put anybody else on the line, he would disconnect the call. We tried to have a three sided discussion while my wife was woozy from the medication she takes, and this "supervisor" would only say the problem was at our end and Wells Fargo did everything they are supposed to do, ie: mailed the statements. When we asked for copies of the missing statements, we were told we had to write a letter to the Billing Department. Couldn't even call them and ask for them. Their web site is a joke, only allows you to make a payment. So info as to due dates, minimum amount due, balance owing, nothing!!! You are totally at the mercy of the paper statements, which are still not coming. I am going to my local State Attorney General's office and the BBB on Monday to lodge formal complaints. Hopefully it will do some good. In the meantime I intend to tell everybody I talk to everywhere I go, grocery store, gas station, work, Walmart, everywhere, how terrible it is to do business with this insult of a "consumer" finance company. BEWARE and DO NOT GET INVOLVED with WELLS FARGO.

got fired

i was fired few days ago, wells fargo claimend that i failed to follow procedure when i reversed a fee to...

loan refinance

I currently have a mortgage on my home with Wells Fargo. I asked about refinancing to a lower rate and they...

an un-merry christmas

I have an auto loan for this pos I bought in kentucky before I pcsed to california with the army. I have paid...

predatory lending

these companies will not help anyone with there mortgage and hides that your mortgage can ajust without you understanding it. they say one thing and the paper work says another . who reads or understands every page of the legal wording ? in fact they purposely divert your attention to other items thus confussing the party whom is going to receive the loan. they will not help, its time for a class action suit to bring them to the table.i am researching rightnow how to sue them on my own to stop these criminals from robbing the people blind.

customer service/terms

i was hospitalized 08/01/08 and was unable to return to work for several months i had no income during thi...

fraudulent charges

After reading the consumer rebuttals, I have a clearer understanding of how the banks work. I am hundreds of dollars overdrawn in my account, due to what everyone else is saying. I had a lot of money in my account and was just a-spending it away and not keeping good enough track of what I was doing. I KNEW that banks put through the largest item first and then the smaller ones. I KNEW that I should keep a checkbook register instead of relying on the Online Banking. SO THEREFORE, I can only blame myself for my situation.

If I had managed my money better, then NO MATTER HOW MANY TRANSACTIONS I MADE, OR WHAT ORDER THEY WERE PUT THROUGH, I WOULD NOT HAVE RECEIVED ANY NSF CHARGES! If banks put the largest transactions through first to make sure that car payments, loans, mortgages, etc. clear before Taco Bell, gas and entertainment charges, then GOOD! I didn't realize that until reading some of the responses to consumer issues. I'd rather my RENT go through than my lunch at Taco Bell...I'd rather have 5 or 6 OD/NSF fees than to have my mortgage not paid.

All the banks I know do the same things: largest items are put through first, then smaller ones. Deposits, UNLESS THEY ARE CASH, are held for AT LEAST one business day. They will tell you that if you want your deposit credited immediately, DEPOSIT CASH! I'd rather spend $20 in check cashing fees than $35 in OD/NSF fees! Transactions DON'T CLEAR in the order you make them...but in the order the BANK RECEIVES THEM!

Yes, I've had a transaction disappear for a day and cause me fees, which I still don't understand, but either way, it all comes down to OUR OWN spending habits!! Keep a checkbook register! Do not rely on Online Banking for your balance! Keep all receipts! Balance your checkbook (all bank statements include a sheet for you to balance your account on...USE IT!). Instead of using your card for 20 transactions, keep some cash on you! (Though I hate to do that, too, because hell, what if I'm robbed?! Then I'm screwed!!).

If you have $100 in your account, and you write a check for $101, it's your own fault if you get an NSF fee, because YOU didn't have enough money in there when you wrote the check! Banks are there to make money too, and yes, sometimes they are really unfair but that will happen anywhere! If you don't like how banks do it, get a PREPAID DEBIT CARD! Greendot! Advance America! You pay a bit more money but you don't deal with banks anymore! Go to a cash system! It's a ### but it works for some people (not me!). Otherwise, don't give the banks a reason to get fees from you.

Johny Mar 17, 2009

I purchased a vehicle in late 2005 and used Wells Fargo as my finance company. I added the vehicle on to our existing insurance policy with Allstate and maintained that until switching agents (still with Allstate). We then changed to a family agent who placed us with TOPA/RMIS. We have never had any lapse in policy or terminations of any policy. However, shortly after we purchased the vehicle, Wells fargo has sent us letters indicating the placement of Collateral Insurance on the vehicle for failure to provide proof of insurance. OK, we thought this must be a mistake and someone's something didn't talk to the next person's somebody. We called Wells Fargo and submitted via fax the Insurance declaration page. Upon receiving our next 2 statements, we noticed the Collateral Protection charge is still factored in to the amount (nearly $2000!!!).

Then the collection calls began.

I called back to Wells Fargo and after fighting with a collection rep just to get to speak with someone regarding the insurance portion, I was finally transferred to a manager (or so I thought!) who explained that they had no record of receiving my proof of insurance. Did it just vanish into thin air? Did someone just not do their job? OK, mistakes can happen. we faxed it over again figuring this 'manager' guy should settle this once and for all. 2 months go by, 4 months go by, and still nothing taken off our bill, all the while, the collectors are steadily calling and getting more in our faces and threating us with their veil little threats, as if it were their PERSONAL automobiles!

2 months after switching to our new insurance, we receive another Collateral Protection placement letter for nearly $2000! We went through the process of calling again, this time being directed to call Balboa Insurance directly. OK, now we're getting somewhere, not. After Submitting our OLD insurance and the NEW insurance to Balboa, it seems at one point they mysteriously don't have a record of receiving it.

the next time they saw the notes in the computer where we submitted it but nothing was processed and that they would look into it. Several months had expired with nothing being deducted from our statements and now it is showing an outstanding balance just over $4500. You can imagine the flavor of the collection calls now. It was really getting nasty when we changed to our Family's private Insurance agent who placed us with TOPA. Of course we received another letter shortly after for Collateral Protection placement (can you guess how much?!)

I promptly called again, and was directed to Collections. I hung up and called Balboa directly again. This time I spoke to a representative who was only interested in receiving the proof of the current insurance coverage and would not listen or look into my claims regarding the other to CP placements. THIS TIME, THEY FINALLY showed a deduction for this 3rd CP placement amount.

I called again to resolve the previous issues, and was directed to have my Agent call. He did while I was sitting in his office. It has been almost 4 months since and things have not been resolved at all. We have followed every guideline we can and still nothing from them. Not only is their insurance outrageously high, but the internal mechanisms of communication between these 2 companies is nonexistent.

Additionally, I have previously purchased a used truck in 1997 wherein Wells Fargo was the finance company, and the same thing happened. It took them forever to get the records updated (both with Balboa, and then with Wells) to reflect the private coverage. It then took almost 2 months for the reduction to show up on my statement.

We have recently purchased a new family vehicle and again, in no more than 2 months, we received a CP letter for this vehicle. We called Balboa and got the run-around. We then had our Agent call Balboa and 2 bills later the deduction appeared. We also received a confirmation letter from Balboa rescinding the Collateral Protection on this vehicle (for now!)

In my opinion, Wells Fargo Auto Finance could be a good company to work with if they maintained their policies from a management perspective, dealing with issues of oversight fairly and not as if everyone is a criminal (guilty until you prove yourself innocent. multiple times!). They should have better communication with their partner companies. but then again, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE GUYS WHO

PURCHASE A LITTLE CAR FROM A LITTLE DEALERSHIP. They only care about their monopolistic gains and it is just a paycheck to their representative. No wonder American jobs are getting shipped overseas at record pace! Because we just don't care enough to do our jobs properly. I can truthfully understand if I were trying to rip them off and just say 'screw them', but I am an average working class stiff, who has his financial ups and downs (who doesn't these days) but I am definately not trying to NOT pay for something I purchased.

This whole company needs to be INVESTIGATED and a little CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT immediately!

• Yo
    youngs May 12, 2009

B.S. We had 6 small transaction "Pending" On a Thursday..The next Tuesday, they pushed a transaction that was just posted that Tuesday ahead of the 6 others, just so they could charge 33 for each. That is stealing!! We would have only been $3 short on the larger posted transaction on Tuesday, and it would have gone through anyways. If you think there is anything right about that, then you deserve to have money stolen from you.

• Li
    LisaMF May 05, 2010

RE: WELLS FARGO'S NSF FEE POLICY

This is in reference to the Bank Manager, "who listens to their customers" and who states, "It is [the customers] fault...for the NSF fees." I am a small business owner of two businesses, one a construction company and the other a boutique.

I have a Merchant Account with a credit card processing company (not Wells Fargo) of which my customers may run their credit card - for merchandise in my boutique. Again, I am a small business owner. I am not making millions of dollars, in this economy, but just getting by day to day like everyone else - to pay my bills.

I recently had a customer - and this has happened to me a few times - tell their credit card company that they did not use their card in my establishment. So, without warning the credit card company removes the disputed $616.00 from my Wells Fargo bank account. I then received - and this always happens on the day they remove the funds - a notice from the credit card company, informing of their removal of funds from my bank account. See, the credit card company will remove funds, then have me prove my case. In their letters they request the actual invoice, the shipping address, the billing address, and their signature. All, of which I submit.

Due to this recent removal of $616.00 - it created over $280.00 in NSF fees..now I am out $896.00. Due to my proving my case it will now take 7 to 10 business days for the credit card company to deposit back into my account the $616.00. Now, the $280.00 in NSF fees from Wells fargo, well, that may not happen. The incident like this before...cost me $760.00 in NSF fees from Wells Fargo. This "Bank Manager" who posted on this forum, was not my fault.

One of my business offers online shopping. I deal with those incredible people who will purchase and will attempt to say they never received their product, or those who state they never made the purchase. I get slammed for the amount they are disputing. However, I win my cases showing proof of every delivery, or sale.

This is my first problem with Wells Fargo. They only reimbursed me on the previous situations for half of the NSF fees. They state, that "they can only refund all the NSF fees, if it is a bank error". Of the $760.00 in NSF fees they took from me a few months ago, Wells Fargo only credited me half. Due to this recent situation I am trying to get my NSF fees back from Wells Fargo and have yet, to get anywhere with them.

This is my second problem with Wells Fargo. When my account is in the negative during these situations, Wells Fargo continues to allow transactions of which transpired previous to my knowledge of the removal of credit card funds - to come through thus, Wells Fargo making a profit of $35.00 a transaction.

I say, that Wells Fargo needs to quit ripping their hard working customers off!

problem with home mortgage

Me and my wife had decided to refinance with Wells Fargo in the Corpus Christi area. This was a few months ago when interest rates were low and we were going to refinance for around 5%. We submitted all out paperwork and we were told that paperwork was taken care of and that we would have to wait around 80 days or so, due to them processing a large volume of loans. I then recieved a call from a Wells Fargo representative that stated that the individual who was working on our loan was terminated and she never submitted our loan and would have a new interest rate at 6.75% I was very upset and asked if they could uphold original percentage, and I was told that I would have to wait untill rate dropped that low again. I informed her that Wells Fargo had a moral obligation to uphold original agreement, and lady stated that they would agree to original agreement only if loans were to drop that low again. I then called Wells Fargo's direct line for quality control to file complaint, but was given several different number and spoke to supervisors who stated that they could not help me. I made the mistake of trying to refinance with Wells Fargo and I am going to pull all my money out of the bank and go with someone else.

• Te
    ted phillips Jun 04, 2009

We recently had a home on the market. Due to economic conditions we were behind on payments to Wells Fargo. In April 2009 we had an offer and contacted the customer service people at Wells Fargo for an estimate of the payoff to make sure enough would come out of the sale to take out Wells Fargo. We were told the payoff was $187, 000.00. I contacted the preforeclosure people (who had been bugging me ) to inform them. I asked them the approximate payoff and was told $187, 000.00. The house was in bad shape and being sold "AS IS". The appraisal came up short and the deal died. In May 2009 we had a cash offer and I again contacted Wells for a new balance which was $188, 00.00 good through May. At settlement with the cash on the table we were presented with the official payoff of $204, 000.00. This resulted in our having to come up with $5, 000.00 to sell the house. We contacted Wells and talked with a Ken and Ashley (who was very nasty) and got no relief. The young couple buying the house had moved to our area from Alaska to be near Johns Hopkins for care for their baby who has a rare disease.They did not have the time to go though the B S that Wells requires for a short sale. Through some additional effort by all involved in the sale our net loss is about $2300.00. I can tell you that as a 66 year old cancer patient on Social Security I am not worried about my credit rating ( I don't expect to buy a casket on a credit card ). I f I had not met this young couple and realized the urgency of their needs I would have let the proprty go to foreclosure which probably would have stuck Wells Fargo with a $30, 000.00 to $40, 000.00 loss on the deal. It would serve them right for all the grief they caused but alas the big guys win again. It will take about a year and a half for me to pay off the $2300.00 if I'm around that long. Spread the word on this every chance you get .I will in my small way.

• Iv
    IvyK Jul 31, 2009

They forgot to do appraisal when they try to schedule a closing date. The loan officer J from Staten Island office made this mistake and delay the closing for the customer.

mortgage predatory practices

Wachovia Mortgage / Bank (Now owned by Wells Fargo Bank) rips off people two ways. First by introducing their own made-up index (COSI). Secondly, by adding an unreasonable margin. This combination results in rates higher than any index (sometimes 4-7% higher than Prime). As a matter of the fact, this practice results in an interest rate higher than most Equity Line of Credit. And even after Wells Fargo Bank has purchased Wachovia, they are not willing to address this issue. The impact of high interest and neg. am. could be devastating. And it could result in missing payments and possible foreclosure. Wells Fargo Bank needs to do something about this by providing a fixed interest rate and lowering the adjusted principle due to negative amortization.

• Pa
    Paul Feb 13, 2009

I've also suffered from the secretive way Wachovia makes up its COSI rate. It is now about 3.5% above prime rate. They refuse to give any meaningful breakdown of how they calculate the rate. Is there any kind of class action which can be taken?

fees

I recently received a letter from Wells Fargo Financial stating that they forgot to charge me a convenience fee in July and August and it would be on my January bill. That is ridiculous and almost six months ago - why now? because of the economy? b.s. If it is true, which I do not believe it is, they should just take the hit for it and not come after the consumers - if they do it to me they are doing it to hundreds of other people - guess how much money they are making off of that one letter alone.

• Ju
    JustPassinThrough Jan 27, 2009

Wait until they cancel your card and say "If you want to be a customer we will send you a nice card with the picture of your choice or you favorite sports team on the card as well as a brand new introductory post bail out percentage rate of...35%. So sign up. We love your perfect credit rating and are only offering these rates to the "special". (This really happened and it will happen more...this is what the banks did with our tax bailout and our leaders are hiring those same people and GIVING THEM MORE...no wonder people bury their money and sell their perscription drugs. Who can get ahead?...lmao...the confirmation security code for me to type in is. 33DEA...no REALLY it is...lmao...ok the "selling perscription drugs is a metaphor ok...I "heard peeps do and this is just MY OPINION?" I have to continue the joke because of the code. I like to write things to peop[le, to vent...I read it, then delete it. It's therapy. Try it sometimes...it works!!!

fradulent activity

I have two credit card accounts with Wells Fargo that had fairly high ceilings -- $8, 000 and $3, 000 with a 16.5% interest rate. I kept the balance at zero because I only wanted to use the card for emergencies. However, two different Wells Fargo affiliate offices contacted me and suggested that I transfer other high credit card balances and interest rates to the Wells Fargo card because in the long term I would save money. I did just that -- I transfered credit card balances to my Wells Fargo cards. Now one card is maxed-out at $8, 000 and the other card has a balance of $2, 500. In less then two months after I transferred my credit card balances to Wells Fargo, I received letters from Wells Fargo stating that the interest rate increased to 21% for both cards. No wonder banking in this country is a fiasco -- greedy bankers and unethical practices. I have no alternative except to concentrate on paying off these two accounts and closing them as fast as I can. I will never do any banking with Wells Fargo again. I have lost all respect for that corporation.

• Za
    zacox Jan 25, 2009

Carefully check your agreement with Wells Fargo, including all the addendums they may have sent you over the time youve been their customer. Federal law states that they must notify you of changes to your agreement at least 30 days in advance of the change, and that you have 30 days after the notification to refuse the change.

When you refuse a change to the terms of your account, you are technically closing your account. You still have the right to make periodic payments on the account and you do not owe the full balance immediately, so long as you aren't over the limit or late on any payment. You also cannot use the card again for any reason, because the bank will interpret that as you reopening your account and you will have then agreed to their change.

None of this may matter, though. Most banks that issue credit cards made changes to the accounts several years ago and tied the interest rates to certain indices, where when the prime rate changes, your rate changes with it. Most card issuers also reserved the right several years ago to change the spread (difference between your rate and their chosen index) when they perceive you as an increased credit risk, or if you miss payments or go over-limit.

My advice to you is carefully read your card agreements including all the amendments they have sent you over the years. If you find that they have raised your rate legally, you would certainly want to pay down your most expensive balances first. You may also want to contact them to ask for a reduction in your rate. Most companies will reduce the rate in order to keep payments coming, rather than risk being cut off.

• Je
    JeremyL. May 16, 2010

Wells Fargo stole 13 billion dollars in assets from the people!

fraud and lies

If you have an account or thinking about opening one with this bank. Get your money out. There is no room in this country for a business like this to exist. They unscrupulous, unethical, unprofessional, unaccountable in their business practices. This behavior is unacceptable.

Like many others I, too, have had problems with fabricated overdraft fees. transactions being done twice. Accounting entries and practices are wrong and improper (If not illegal). Trying to deal with Wells Fargo on these matters is a joke. I had an instance where I saw a transaction that was posted online removed. I call the 800 # They say its there. I ask for them to contact the online dept. to have a three way conversation and they say they don, t have the capabilities to do that. Nor would they look into it. You will never get 2 people together at wells fargo if you have an issue. It would mean accountability on there part.

Trying to decipher their policies regarding deposits, holds, accounting methods is as difficult (if not more than) as trying to understand the unintelligible double speak they use to explain it. When cornered they won't talk to you.

Wells Fargo will finally have their day in court, as there is a class lawsuit pending against them. I have read the papers that were filed and while I do agree with them I still have other issues I want addressed and am seeking counsel to help with this.

AniOR Nov 30, 2009

Happened to me too (excessive OD fees and ridiculous WF excuses why they personally cant assist you) ~ the first couple times I just dealt with it ~ then the last time I took the info down to the Branch, explained how the charges were incorrectly hitting my account which is causing the O/D's ...the Branch Manager said she didnt have the authority to change anything ~ even tho all I was asking is the extra O/D fee's to be removed and how I could prove with receipts ect and even the shops deposit records that WF was posting the charges incorrectly. When the branch wouldnt do anything about it ~ I scanned all the info and sent to the customer service contact given to me to contact. This is what I got back

BOY COTT WELLS FARGO until they change their policys

Chazmania Dec 28, 2009

I was also a customer!
    I was taken in by the little wagon and horses! so California!
    But when i had an overdraft problem i canceled the card and gave them a check to cover the cost then they did some automatic transfer and the amount went overdraft due to THEM! then a fee for that on top of another overdraft fee!
    but sins they kept piling fee on top of fee i could never catch up and had to feed myself and pay bills instead! after going round and round with there drones called customer service representatives i got more and more angry at there denial and art of ripping off people!
    I told there drone on the phone this is exactly why i want to be out of there bank and never do business with them again!
    I had told them to cancel all accounts and they just kept telling me they would not and kept taking on fees! and i was to keep paying fee on top of fee! they lie and they cheat and they are trying to steel money right out of your pocket!
    Why do they think this will endear them to anybody?
    Or is it that there corrupted culture is so ingrained in them that they cant see what they have become!
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WELLS FARGO ON ANY LEVEL!
    YO WILL REGRET IT!

• Me
    M.E.316 Jan 09, 2010

The people you write a letter to are their legal department. Tell them how much of a pain in the ### you will be (with specifics, i.e., write your journalist friend or post on Web pages and about the complaint you will file with the attorney general - which is very easy to do online).

Joe Jackson Jun 17, 2011

Well Fargo, the Bank of Lies
    Are you in the process of a loan modification with Wells Fargo? I'd like to share my story and I'll bet many are being treated the same by Wells Fargo(WF).

My partner and I are disabled and living on a fixed income. We had a large investment account that was managed(mismanaged) by WF. We paid our mortgage on time for many years but due to the economic downturn, our stocks dwindled. Realizing this we turned to Wells Fargo to begin the modification process. We submitted all papaerwork asked of us in a timely manner but whenever we asked the status of our modification we were told that paperwork was not complete, they had not received the requested paperwork or that we would have to wait 90 days to receive a response. The outcome was always that our case was rejected After eighteen months of this we hired and attorney. Within two weeks of that we received a loan modification amout to pay. We were to pass a three month trial period in which our payments must be received by WF before the first of the month. We were told that after the second month, we would receive papers finalizing our modification. Three months passed and we were told to keep making payments until told otherwise. Two more months passed, WF requiring updated expense reports, bank statements and an updated hardship letter. We complied with all requests in a timely manner(all communication between us and WF went through our attorney) but were rejected because we didn't file the documennts requested in a timely manner and had too much unsecured debt. Our lawyer kept accurate details of contact with WF so the first reasom to reject us was not valid. The second was also not valid since at WF "suggestion" we declared bankruptcy. We had been told that in order to qualify for a HAMP program, we needed to get rid of our unsecured debt somehow. That seemed like bakruptcy was our only option. When we approach our attorney, we had completed the bankruptcy and all debts were discharged.
    We were told by WF that the reduced modification amount we had during our trial period was no longer valid but they had their own modification program. Basically a bait and swich in that our monthly payment was only $150 lower than the original payment and did not include escrow where the original modification did and was much lower. Also they were so kind to tack on all kinds of late fees and fines to the original loan amount. Of course, any payments that we had made during the trial period were not deducted from those amounts. Our attorney suggested that we stop making payments to WF and force mediation. Our mediation date is scheduled for June 24, 2011. I don't have any great expectations given WF history of deceipt. I believe that we will ultimately have to take WF to court to get this resolved.

I would like to urge all others not to just leave your home. Get an attorney and fight. If enough of us little guys fight back we will win. We must win. Remember David and Goliath? Ask your mortgage company to produce the note saying that they own the mortgage. I'll bet they can't since most mortgages are sold and resold.

I also urge that if you're having a difficult time paying your mortgage, under water with your mortgage, stop paying. Send these leaches of society, the banks, a message.

Lastly, I urge anyone that is disabled for any reason and is in the modification process to consider that WF is discriminating agianst them by delaying things in order to wear them down and thus have to do nothing. WF has a long record of discrimination on the books. I believe that WF is certainly capable of discriminating in this case. If you believe as I do, please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Joe

Chazmania Jun 18, 2011

Most banks do this most banks do that...they change the rules so that they can manipulate things behind the scenes..your another banking shill and part of the systemic problem of legalized sanctioned thievery...your a drone to the system that is perpetual designed to skim off profits for "investors" the banking Industry is a MAFIA that exploits the weakest people and is by that definitions despicable...corporate cubical zombies dedicated to supporting the system that indoctrinated you into servitude...abandoned ethics and humanity to profit off the suffering of others..and here you are justifying and excusing it all becasue its been written in the "policy" Obey the authority even when the authority commits acts of fraud as long as they have a title or certificate...Wells Fargo as far as i am concerned is a criminal organization as most mega banks today...I will never do business again with them...go peddle your corporate propaganda elsewhere...we are all sick of it!

Chazmania Jun 20, 2011

perfect proof of my point...systems drone..mindless numbed and obedient drone...go lick your 401k wanker!

Chazmania Jun 20, 2011

LOL perfect! ... i have traveled around the world and met all kinds of people that don't park themselves in a corporate cubical and stare at the wall of it and then just justify the fact that they are really chicken ### to do anything but pay and obey..oh yeah you have your little ducks in a row and your little "nest egg" and you can remain a narcissistic American that does nothing for the larger world. oh i know your type and how you think and your myopic view of things is all their is. NO one will ever write a book about your adventures becasue you don't have any..your safe secure in your decorated gilded cage.. you buy the big lie the financial propaganda sold you. repeat the same rhetoric and yes mindlessly...and then indulge yourself in the cultural narcissism they packaged up for you...I bet you abandoned all your dreams to be safe, talked yourself out of them stuffed them away under mounds of BS justifications...Your a good citizen/slave and ultimately clueless...and your denial of the financial criminality that causes world wide suffering can be rendered irrelevant as long as you make sure you never examine it..lie to yourself and bury it...this way you can go on guilt free indulging in the American narcissist dream...to sum up a Drone

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices