Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / unethical banking practices used against deployed service member

I am a deployed service member currently in Iraq. I have had problems with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage since I mobilized last July. First, they pre-approved me for a modification, but never sent me the paperwork!
When I called them from Iraq to ask about the modification, they told me that they had decided to give me a moratrium instead. They told me that the $4500 I was behind would all be due by the end of December!
I told them that I could not afford that. Although I continued to make full payments on a regular basis(sometimes even 2 payments a month), they would not correct my credit report. They finally sent another
modification last month, but I decided to bring the account with one large payment instead.Although I brought
the account current last month, they decided to close the account and send it to collections!
When I told them about my credit report, they denied that they it!
For anyone who is a service member and has a loan with this company, please do not trust them, especially while you are mobilized!

Comments

• Si
      26th of Apr, 2010

I don't know if you have cleared up this issue or not, but my husband is also in the Army, not delpoyed, and we too are having issue with Wells Fargo. We decided to get ahold of VA and they are now helping us by dealing directly with WF. VA # 1-888-768-2132. Try to stay on hold until you get someone on the line, they are very helpful and will get you to were you need to go.