Wells Fargo Home Loans / loan modification

United States Review updated:

After purchasing my home in 2013 I had employment breaks and requested a loan modification. I have sent in monthly payments only to have them returned, I have applied for multiple reviews only to be denied. Not once in two years has Wells Fargo approved any requests even when I had $18, 000 in my bank account I was turned down. I don't believe that Wells Fargo approves any loan modifications because I did my homework on the requests I qualified for under the federal programs and I was still denied. I am contacting my Congressman to formally complain.

Em
Jun 2, 2015

Comments

• Da
      10th of Jun, 2015

Hi EMSR,

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (WFHM) is known for violating the rights of their clients and consumers in general but you do not have to sit back and take it! You have so many consumer rights and consumer protections under the FDCPA and the CFPB and the FTC and RESPA with regard to your complaint and it only takes a few minutes to submit the complaints online to the CFPB (consumerfinance.gov) and FTC (ftc.gov).

With that said, I would also encourage you to read through the MHA HAMP Program eligibility because you DO NOT meet the eligibility requirements solely because you purchased your home AFTER January 1, 2009. That does not mean that there are no solutions available to you to restructure your debt with WFHM but that does mean that you need to seek solutions that fit your situation like an in-house modification or a forbearance agreement (just a couple examples) as both are not only available but viable options to bring your mortgage current again.

We covered your complaint on our radio show "The Daily Complaint" and provided a pathway for success to include how to contact the CFPB and FTC - thank you for posting your complaint online so that others will have the opportunity to learn from the wrongdoing that you have experienced at the hands of WFHM. There are firm rules in place with regard to assisting struggling homeowners and borrowers in order to retain your home but you must know your rights in order to assert your rights.

I would suggest contacting WFHM and addressing the options that exist for you, but if that does not bear any fruit, then you may want to escalate your complaints to the CFPB and the FTC at a minimum in order to achieve your desired results.

As stated above, we covered your complaint on "The Daily Complaint" radio show, so listen to us address your complaint on The Daily Complaint and contact us if you need further information on how to not only attack your problem but to get the solutions that you are seeking.

Good luck!