Wells Fargo / unauthorized billing

I puchased a floor sample sofabed from Raymour Flanigan and had to arrange to shipment via a local handyman they suggested--to the tune of $100 cold cash. The payment was due over a 3 month period to Wells Fargo. At the last payment, for some mysterious reason the check was said not to be received by Wells Fargo even though Citibank had issued it (some mysterious reason two banking giants could not communicate electronically but used snail mail. Tho I spoke to WF reps and attempted to make the last payment via computer I have just now received yet another finance charge and another finance charge...almost a total of $30 in finance charges that I feel are unwarranted.

Comments

• Va
      20th of Aug, 2008

A personal banker offered me $50 to open a checking account, but claimed he couldn't find a copy of the certificate. I told him to send the $50 certificate along with the account opening forms to my home. He opened a checking account and a savings account for me without my authorization and signature, but never sent the $50 certificate to me. When I complained to their toll-free number, I was told that I would receive my $50 certificate and that I would not be charged any fees. However, both statements were false.

• Va
      27th of Oct, 2008

I am writing on one last attempt to reconcile the problems with my account. I had several small check card purchase which for one reason or another did not go through until after my account had run low. I was charged $34 for 6 or 7 purchases under $10. I was under the impression that these purchases would not go through on my debit card if they were not going to be covered and/or taken out immediately.

In the past I have liked your service but other than availability in most cities, there is nothing irreplaceable about it. I closed my account immediately after seeing these charges as I'm working in Osage, WY for a few months. My sister is handling my local business, she has power of attorney for that purpose.

If you would consider refunding these charges I would reopen my account as I noted, it is convenient. I have a direct deposit of $400-600 per week.