Wells Fargo Bank / scam charges!

Well Fargo Bank is making money by putting levies on your checking account from credit card companies. when they do this they are making your account $0 (zero) so all these overdraft fees will come in for $34 each. I had Wells Fargo do a levy for $ 16.05 and they made $170 from five overdrafts fees. They are making lot of money putting levies of people's checking accounts. They could have least called me and let me know they were going to do it so I could have put the money in the bank to cover my checks that balanced after they took the money. They didn't offer to credit the overdraft fees either.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      19th of Sep, 2008

I believe if my memory serves me right that a levy is placed on a person account only by a cort order. So Wells Fargo put the levy on you account because a cort ordered then too. As for the overdraft fee did you try all areas to get those fees waived. Go into you local branch or talk to managers? Also, I know that if a bank won't waive ANY of your Overdraft fees your relationship with the bank might not be on the best terms.

• My
      27th of Aug, 2010

Wells Fargo, took a direct withdrawl from my account causing an overdraft. It was a different account number than mine and a completely different name than mine. Whomever alloud this can't read. I got it straightened out after I told them I filed a complaint with the Federal Banking commission. Now we are having problems with the other checking account. It is 3, 000 less than what it should be and of course they have no idea what happened. They are far too busy doing their job than to help me.

I hate wells fargo

• My
      27th of Aug, 2010

YOu don't need a court to order a levy, it is a lein . You just fill out the paper work and take it to the clerk of court, pay a fee to register and then it is done

• Wh
      28th of Nov, 2011

Wells Fargo Bank Covington Georgia has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I take my business to those who at least act as if they appreciate it.
    I have had to personally do business with this location between 6 or 8 times, I think 7 came with some type of drama.
    Each time it seemed that the service and capabilities of each representative I came in contact with were quite different thus is part of my frustrations. I was married 3 yrs. ago and my wife is with this bank, we kept separate accounts but have each other signed on as co signers. Today I encountered Yvonne who tried to make me sit in a corner and wait for the manager, rather than fulfill my request that she cash my check, under the guise "you are obviously upset and would better be served by the manager". Yes I was upset but I didn't ask to see a D@#@ manager. I asked her to cash a check, that they required me to go inside the bank from the drive thru, to get out in the rain and come in to be printed and to produce another form of ID and a TRUE statement I made "It isn't my fault yall put it in the system wrong", hit Yvonne's aggravation button.