[Resolved] Web.com / horrible web site design and no marketing

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Do not use this service. They do nothing!!!
I replied to their email advertisement for free web site design promising "Professional Website for Your Business
Customized copy, design and monthly updates, Monthly Marketing To get you found on over 100 powerful search engines and local listings, Results Tracking Internet scorecard to track your results.
They made and below basic web site in 2 days. They sent me an email on December 13th that it is on line and they have submitted it to the search engines. I called and asked for changes and they told me I have to do it my self. I then spent days working on my site using their on line tools. I made a 12 page site. I called them the first week in January about marketing the site when I was finished. for them to do the key words. They said they do it automatically. After checking in mid February I found I was not listed on the search engines. There was an area of the site for me to do it. So I had to have it listed. Then after another month of no results I called and they never did the key words. They totally dropped the ball.
After 4 months and $400.00 in charges nothing was done and I received no results. I canceled my service. My site was supposed to be up till the end of my billing period and was taken down 2 days early. Nothing was done how it was supposed to be.
They did not make my site for free.
They did not market it.
They did not set up keywords.
They did absolutely nothing!!!
I got zero results and just charges and excuses over the phone. A waste of money paid to them and lost revenue from business I lost.
DO NOT USE THIS PHONY USELESS SERVICE!

• Resolution statement

After reading the complaint they refunded my money I spent with them. The pressure of reviews pushed them to do it. Nothing else worked.

Lo
Apr 3, 2013

Comments

• Bu
      23rd of May, 2013

Three months ago I hired hosting at web.com and I must pay $12.55 for hiring it a year. But right after that every month they charge me $12.55 and deduct it right from my credit card. When I complained they didn't give any response up to now. It's Fraud. Never use this web.com. It is just another way to trap customer by promoting a cheap web hosting service. Be careful they will steal your money every month buy trapping customer. They don’t care about the complain of customer all over the world. They might just simply gives respond on public forum by saying that web.com is best and doing good service. Never believe in review that web.com is good. They might pay people to write any thing good about this company. Or the employees themselves write something good and pretend to be their customer. Never ever use web.com. They are thief and will steal your money every month. The best way to stop it just block your credit card, and they will not be able to deduct your money any more. This the only way because they don’t give respond when I complain.
    my web www.balitourinfo.com