Walmart Stores / checkout service

1 Cleveland, GA, United States Review updated:

I work nights and always do my shopping monthly. Last night i was at walmart in cleveland Ga I had about $400.00 worth groceries in my buggy when I got to checkout no lanes at all were open except self checkout so I ask the girl working self check out who was just standing there doing nothing if any lanes were open at all and rudely she replied no everybody's at lunch so I ask her when would they be back and she again rudely said an hour and kind of laughed now to the best of my understanding self check out is supposed to be an option I dont work for walmart I have always done my shopping there but I will be looking for some other place to shop where I can get friendly service and cashiers are actually doin just that instead of making customers do their job for them for free!

Mi
Feb 11, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      11th of Feb, 2018

how dare you use self check out!!! oh no!!!

• Sh
      12th of Feb, 2018

Hi Ms. Miller. Appreciated reading your concern.

Many customers really enjoy the self checkout option. Efficiency is just one advantage to their use. If you're unsure about their use, I'm sure this young lady would have been willing to assist.

• Jh
      12th of Feb, 2018

I totally agree that self-checkout should be an option for those who desire to use it. For the rest, including me, there should be a regular checkout line available when the store is open for business. WalMart, and others, have devoted too much time to the do it yourself approach. In this specific incident I would have asked for a manager and insisted someone be made available or gone to another store. What are people with disabilities to do in these circumstances -- and not all disabilities are visible -- so why much I insist that I be provided help to spend my money in the store.

• Sh
      12th of Feb, 2018

@jhofwa I can appreciate exactly what you're saying. However, with that said, wouldn't it be easier to use the self checkout versus that of going somewhere else and reshopping for all the groceries again? Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.