Walmart Stores / checkout service

Posted: Feb 11, 2018 by   User
Cleveland, Georgia
I work nights and always do my shopping monthly. Last night i was at walmart in cleveland Ga I had about $400.00 worth groceries in my buggy when I got to checkout no lanes at all were open except self checkout so I ask the girl working self check out who was just standing there doing nothing if any lanes were open at all and rudely she replied no everybody's at lunch so I ask her when would they be back and she again rudely said an hour and kind of laughed now to the best of my understanding self check out is supposed to be an option I dont work for walmart I have always done my shopping there but I will be looking for some other place to shop where I can get friendly service and cashiers are actually doin just that instead of making customers do their job for them for free!
Complaint comments Comments (13)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees

Comments

D  11th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
how dare you use self check out!!! oh no!!!
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Hi Ms. Miller. Appreciated reading your concern.

Many customers really enjoy the self checkout option. Efficiency is just one advantage to their use. If you're unsure about their use, I'm sure this young lady would have been willing to assist.
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@Shaun R. what your bf said
A  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I totally agree that self-checkout should be an option for those who desire to use it. For the rest, including me, there should be a regular checkout line available when the store is open for business. WalMart, and others, have devoted too much time to the do it yourself approach. In this specific incident I would have asked for a manager and insisted someone be made available or gone to another store. What are people with disabilities to do in these circumstances -- and not all disabilities are visible -- so why much I insist that I be provided help to spend my money in the store.
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@jhofwa People with intellectual disabilities and young kids can figure out how to use them. If you cannot that speaks volumes of your lack of intelligences.
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@jhofwa I can appreciate exactly what you're saying. However, with that said, wouldn't it be easier to use the self checkout versus that of going somewhere else and reshopping for all the groceries again? Kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@jhofwa It is obvious from both your responses as well as your own review you either young or mentally challenged. Not only that but a difficult person to deal with. That being said why would any company want to do business with you.
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I suggest that you work on your grammar before calling grown women girl. If she is working there late at night chances are she is over the age of 18. When you have the grammar skills of a seven year old child you have no right calling grown up women girls.
N  12th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
Also another thing, before calling grown women girls, grow up. Just because someone tells you something that you don't want to hear does not mean that they are rude. Also how hard is it to figure out how to use the checkouts, even a child knows how to follow instructions on the check out. You have no right calling grown women girls when you cannot figure out something that even a child can figure out.
N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@ccarede Tisk, tisk! For many the term girl is recognized to define a female child from birth to adulthood. Was the female in question an adult? I do not know but must question why a normal, reasonable and prudent person would get spooled-up over its seemingly neutral application as was the case above. Spurious remarks relating to prescriptive grammar skills can and should be related to a deliberate attempt to be rude or incite a meaningless argument. Finally, a customer should not be made to feel compelled to use self checkout if they prefer not to do so. Additionally, a person who does not desire to use self checkout does not need to explain the basis of that decision if "normal checkout" is normally offered in the store. I wish you a blissful day!
N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@jhofwa From birth to age 18, once they reach the age of 18 they are women not girls. Only pigs call grown women girls. The whole point it is disrespectful to call grown women girl. We do not call grown men boys. Obviously your father never raised you right if you disrespect woman. If you think that mentioning this person's grammar skills is meaningless then you obviously do not how to read. The while point is a girl is a child under the age of 18. If this person has the same grammar skills of a seven year old child they have no right calling adults girls. If you do not understand the reasoning behind my comment you are stupid and foolish. The OP should use the self checkouts so one has to deal with his attitude. I am wondering if the OP is a child and the were cranky because it was past their bedtime. But if you were not stupid yourself you would know the whole point of making the comment is to not refer to the employee as a girl(child) if they have poor grammar skills and appear as a child themselves with their grammar skills. Anyone that can read and comprehend beyond a second grade level can figure this out. Why is it hard for you. Are you young yourself or mentally challenged?
N  14th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@jhofwa Not to mention the fact that this immature child is mistaking being told something that they don't want to hear as rude shows how childish they are. If they are going to be childish they have no right calling grown women girls. Also instead of being stupid think. If the cashier was working that late chances are they are an adult. Just because you are too stupid to comprehend what I wrote does not mean that my argument was meaningless. The OP appears rude and is just getting a taste of their own medicine.
N  18th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree +1 Votes
F Walmart place sucks c*ck.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree