Walmart / racially profiled by walmart door greeter

United States Review updated:

I purchased a portable dvd I had on layaway, the clerk told me she had no bags for the merchandise but since I had a receipt I would be okay just show the greeter on my way out. I showed the receipt to the cashier who viewed it said “you’re ok”, I showed it to a door greeter who looked at it and said “you’re ok. On my way out the door another women came upon me and told me very rude she needed to see my receipt, I told her I showed it to 3 walmart personnel already, but gave it to her anyway.

She took it walked away and gave it back to me, She didn’t say anything about sorry for the confusion or anything, just gave it back to me. Once I got home I called the store manager, who said all the right things, but I got the impression it was business as usual. He never asked my name or anything. I asked him does he allow greeters to treat all customers this way or just the black ones. I feel I was racially profiled, I came out of walmart in Pontiac, Illinois spending over $800.

I will start going to kmart who is more expensive but ALOT more friendly, and go to walmart when I need items that will cost me $20 or less.

Bi

Comments

• Id
      25th of Apr, 2012

20 or less? Now that's taking a stand! What if they still ask for a receipt?

• Mr
      25th of Apr, 2012

Here we go with the race card... get over it. Your walking out of a store with a DVD player in hand with no bag. Whether you are black, white, blue, pink or purple, I would imagine any good store associate would stop you under similar circumstances. Obviously the issue stems from them not giving you a bag, but racially profiling... give me a break. Oh, by the way, I had a similar experience being asked for my receipt by multiple employees, and NO I'm not black.

• La
      2nd of May, 2012

I am a white female and when buying large purchases at WalMart I have been stopped repeatedly to have my receipts checked. I agree the only racism in this situation is coming from the OP.