Walmart Money Card / can't resolve issues
My daughter received a money card from my father for her birthday. When he purchased it, the clerks neglected to tell him that it had to be activated with a special code on the bottom of the receipt. (It does state this information on the back of the envelope that the card comes in, in small print, however.) Never-the-less, my father didn't read it, and wasn't informed of it. I have now spent the last 2 months attempting to convince someone, anyone at Walmart, to help me locate the SPECIAL code! To no avail, I still have no answers! There is apparently no identifying numbers, codes, bar codes, etc. to isolate this purchase. As sophisticated as computers are today, tracking inventory and whatever else needs to be done, they cannot locate a purchase made at a particular store, on a given date, with barcodes and amounts loaded onto the card. How convenient that is for them! I have called the numbers listed on the card, but if you haven't activated it, then the automated system disconnects(it doesn't allow you to speak with a real live person). I have contacted the managers of the stores in my location, who have contacted managers at the purchase location, still no information, except "sorry, it says you have to have the receipt to activate". I have even contacted GE Money, the issuing company, they also refuse to help. Where do I go now? This cannot be this hard! There has to be a way to track and identify these cards.
anyone with any insight, please advise!
More Walmart Money Card Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart / Picture Me Portrait Studio - poor customer service! 
- Walmart Stores - new 2.5" full hd 1080 car dvr
- Walmart Stores - frauds on extended warranty.. they cheated, lies, manipulate, loots threatens hangup when you ask for coverage you paid for 
- Walmart Albemarle NC - not cashing my payroll check as of may 1 -2018
- Walmart Vision Center - glasses/ defective frames
- Walmart Product Care Plan - all products