Walmart Money Card / can't resolve issues
My daughter received a money card from my father for her birthday. When he purchased it, the clerks neglected to tell him that it had to be activated with a special code on the bottom of the receipt. (It does state this information on the back of the envelope that the card comes in, in small print, however.) Never-the-less, my father didn't read it, and wasn't informed of it. I have now spent the last 2 months attempting to convince someone, anyone at Walmart, to help me locate the SPECIAL code! To no avail, I still have no answers! There is apparently no identifying numbers, codes, bar codes, etc. to isolate this purchase. As sophisticated as computers are today, tracking inventory and whatever else needs to be done, they cannot locate a purchase made at a particular store, on a given date, with barcodes and amounts loaded onto the card. How convenient that is for them! I have called the numbers listed on the card, but if you haven't activated it, then the automated system disconnects(it doesn't allow you to speak with a real live person). I have contacted the managers of the stores in my location, who have contacted managers at the purchase location, still no information, except "sorry, it says you have to have the receipt to activate". I have even contacted GE Money, the issuing company, they also refuse to help. Where do I go now? This cannot be this hard! There has to be a way to track and identify these cards.
anyone with any insight, please advise!
More Walmart Money Card Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare. 
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card 
- Walmart - walmart site to store misleading on actual delivery time 
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement 
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations 
- Walmart Stores - ami ventures
- Walmart Stores - pharmacy
- Walmart Stores - employee committed slander through private message 
- Walmart MoneyCard - debit card
- Walmart Stores - rainbow vacuum latch