Walmartcigarette isle

I used to buy my cigarettes at Wal-Mart until they switched to only selling in one isle. If I want to buy a pack of cigs then I have to wait behind people with full carts. My complaint is why does'nt Wal-Mart make the cigarette isle 20 items or less? Wal-Mart must be losing money on sales since they started doing this and we all know its all about the money when it comes to Wal-Mart.

• Fr
    Frank May 27, 2009

Stupid Mexican

• Lc
    lcyoro Jun 23, 2009

20 items or less? So then the person with MORE than 20 items has to go though once for their purchases, THEN get in line for cigs just ot make your life more convenient? As far as I have seen, all stores have an inconvenient area to purchase smokes, not just Wally World!

• Ai
    ainsoph Jun 25, 2009

U want cheaper cigarettes...go to a tobacco store like "Tobacco Station" or "Tobacco Junction". Walmary have some of the most expensive cigarettes in East Texas when compared to ANY other store. They are typically $1-$2 more per pake than even the Murphy USA gas stations that are built in front of them.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Jul 21, 2009

they sell smokes at murphys usa which is the gas station associated with murphys.

the walmart in foley alabama, the smokers isle is a 10 item or less isle.

perhaps you should move to another walmart???

• Ai
    Aidan Aug 17, 2009

The smoker's line is usually an express lane. It just depends on the layout of the store. I know that it's the one line that always has to be open at our store, so even if it was an express lane, it moves pretty slow early in the morning. I'd suggest you just shop at a time when there are lots of lanes open so you can get through quickly. Or hit a gas station.

• Lc
    lcyoro Aug 17, 2009

At the Walmart in my area, lanes 17 and 18 are where you have to go for tobacco. Lane 1 is the 10 item or less lane. Either way, someone is always going to be unhappy with the way it is set up. Although why anyone would buy their smokes there is beyond me. They are more expensive at Walmart than just about anywhere else.

• Xx
    xx_new_haven Jan 21, 2013

I don't buy cigarettes at Walmart simply because they are not only expensive, they are REALLY expensive. And I assure you, they are quite aware of it. If I had to guess, they do this because they can. Probably they don't want their emploees smoking. I truly dislike Walmart...

• Gr
    Graffitiwomen Feb 25, 2016

My Walmart just turned into a super Walmart and now the cigarette aisle is a regular aisle. Before they moved, it was a 10 item or less aisle. But cigarettes there are SO weirdly priced, from $5.47/pack for Pall Malls to over $9.00/pack for certain types of Camel's and Virginia Slims, that I do not buy cigarettes there unless I've got a gift card or store credit when I'm broke! I live in Maryland, the average price for a pack most places is about $6.00. I would suggest to anyone not to buy cigarettes at Walmart, not just because of the price, but because Walmart is not a good company. They treat their employees poorly for the most part and they 'lost' my car battery when I was getting new tires(don't ask how, if I knew, I would've made them pay for a new one!). Go to a gas station or drugstore, like Rite Aid or Walgreens, cigarettes are cheaper at all of these places than they'll ever be at Walmart.