Walmart Debit Card / card number stolen

1 Atlanta Texas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 903-7968281

A person whose name and address and phone number i have, some how got my walmart money debit card number . Thy ordered a pizza from dominos for $17.84 using my card in Texas . When i got in touch with a real live person at Walmart thy as much as said i was at fault . I live in Florida and have both of my cards and the act was located in Atlanta, Texas . The manager of the pizza joint in Texas said that all a customer needs to do when ordering food is just give up a card number over the phone and thy get what ever thy want. But you and i need to give a Penn number also, but the thieves don't HaHa . whats up with that. Totally PISSSSSSED . Now i can't close out my cards and when i tried they charged me all kinds of cost $$$ . I just want out but thy won't let me even though there is longer any money and thy now keep charging services and now my cards are in the rears . See YA in Cort for $ 7.00 . J.T.V. CEO H.T.G. L.L.C.

Comments

• Zt
      20th of Jul, 2009

Please, don't take offense - I am just curious. Why would you even use a wal-mart money card? It is ten times safer (not to mention cheaper) to use a real bank account with a real debit card backed up safely by legit Visa or Mastercard logos. Or better yet, an actual credit card, which is even safer to use than debit - because if someone gets that card number and starts spending, it's not coming out of your hard earned money, and it can be turned over as fraud much easier. Don't fall for wal-mart finance products, get a real bank account with a large or local banking firm (not bank of america) and feel much safer about your money.

• De
      8th of Aug, 2009

I agree with the complaint on this. My sister does not have good enough credit to get an account at a bank. She needs to pay her bills online. Therefore, she bought a walmart money card. Someone got her number and used her card to buy something on Craig's list for $350.00. Unfortunately, she is a single parent and only gets paid once a month. Imagine how many groceries her children will do without this month. Walmart money card did not care. She caught the transaction the same day that someone did it and they still would not reverse the charges. What kind of company does business this way? I say to all DO NOT USE WALMART MONEY CARD!!! They are a rip off.

• Fi
      7th of Oct, 2009
    Walmart Debit Card - Walmart Debit Card
    Walmart
    Ashtabula
    Ohio

My children purchased a walmart debit card for me for my birthday. They thought they were getting a visa card thru Walmart. I had to give out so much personal information to activate the debit card. It felt as though I was applying for a credit card. This card was nothing like it was suppose to be. I tried to exchange the card when I found out how hard it was to activate. I wanted to cancel the card after I made 1 purchase which left a little amount of money on the card. I spent hours on the phone using all the phone numbers that were on the card and the infor sheet and was able to get just the automated system. I finally got a hold of the lost and stolen department. The representative was mean and nasty when she found out that I had used her to get to a person to cancel the card. She did transfer me and I was able to cancel the card, I think. The phone number to call is 1-877-937-4098 then go to lost and stolen. They will then transfer you. Good Luck! If you have not purchased one, I would not advise it. The fees are outrageous.

• Mb
      7th of Oct, 2009

you must not know how to read or follow directions. The wal-mart debit card has helped alot of people out that dont wont a credit card. The appilication process is quite simple and it works just like a credit card that you put money on. And those outrageous fees of $3.00 's to load money on to your card must have really hit you hard. They have a maintance fee every month of $2.95 just like a credit card only those fees are MUCH HIGHER! But the problem is its a debit card and not a credit card so it takes your money right then instead of at the end of the money when you make your credit card payments You could have went to a atm and got the rest of your money off the card. You just want ot fuss about something.

• At
      16th of Oct, 2009

I like you, mbbc. Finally someone on here that knows something about Walmart MoneyCards.
    MoneyCards are long-term accounts, not gifts. You can't even activate one if you are underage.
    Want a giftcard? Buy Walmart in-store credit. Want a gift card you can use elsewhere? Buy a Walmart Visa GIFTcard.

Your complaining because your children bought you the wrong thing, and you couldn't figure out how to take care of the issue.

• Ri
      1st of Mar, 2010

After being ripped off on line at prior years taxes. I called my walmart visa card to stop the payment. I was told they could do anything till the payment posted. I asked after the payment is posted they have there money, how do I get my money back. I was told that I file a letter and they would take care of it. After it posted I called back and was told its between me and merchant. There just a debt card company not like a real credit card company. I say not like a real debt card company either If I call my bank and tell them I've been ripped off don't pay that bill they won't. WALMART CARD HOLDER BEWARE If there is anyone at walmart that can explain this to me my e-mail is baddog4cats@hotmail.com. I tryed getting an answer over the phone at your customer service hotline. But after a few calls I could not find anyone there that spoke english well enough to talk too. What is that they speake there spanindnaenglish?