Walmart Collections Agency / harassing calls at work!

Walmart Collections Agency company keeps calling my job regarding the $$ i owe them if i had it i would have paid them. I am in the middle of a bankruptcy. And my husband is out work. The collection agent is calling every 20 minutes and refuses to stop calling and wants to speak to a mgr. or human resource to get my home phone # which i don't have one. My boss gis starting to get angry that this guy doesn't stop calling me at work and so am i.

Comments

• Vi
      23rd of Feb, 2007

Did you tell the people at walmart you were going through bankruptcy? From the moment you apply for bankruptcy all collection calls should of stopped, if not when they call you again you tell them you have filed for bankruptcy and give them your file#, Once you have done that, they are not allowed to call you again or they can be sued, let them know that too! As for your job, once you request the company to stop calling your job, they must stop or can also be sued. Write them a letter requesting they stop calling you at work, so you have proof that you told them, I hope this helps .

• Pa
      3rd of Nov, 2009

If you had gotten a job and paid them, then they wouldn't have forwarded you to collections - if you can't afford it, then don't buy it. You deserve to be harrassed for trying to cheat them out of the money you owe them.

• Cb
      12th of Jun, 2016

i owe yall 100 dollars and are action like i owe a million dollars i gotta 1500 dollar check i cant cash if i pay the hundred are yall gonna take the hold off my name cause this is ridiculious im not a convict