Walmart / does not stock the needed supplies for this community

I am appalled at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Chickasha Oklahoma. The so called supercenter does not stock the needed supplies for this community. The sporting goods is a joke and the outdoor supplies, I just found out, will no longer carry supplies for outdoor water ponds. I was just there to buy groceries 2 days ago and heard a manager getting onto an employee in the produce section, telling him that he needs to focus and get the produce stocked. The idiot manager didnt know that the store was out of some of the produce due to a winter storm warning and heavy consumer buying that day, and if he needed to counsel an employee, he should do it in private. I frequently have to drive 45 miles to Okla. City to get supplies. Whoever the manager of this facility, and their regional is, they should be fired and competent people who can do a market analysis for the needs of the community should be hired.

Mu

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Feb, 2010

Excellent comment... Especially the part about counseling an employee in public. That is extremely unprofessional!

• Sk
      10th of Mar, 2010

Counseling an employee in public is never an appropriate course of action. When you witness something like this, don't ever be afraid to make contact with the Store Manager and report what you have seen. Chances are, the Manager has no clue what the Assistant Manager just did. As I tell everyone I know, just picture that employee being berated as you and ask the question: "Would I want someone to report him if that was me?". A well-based accusation by a customer will carry much more weight than that employee approaching the General Manager about what happened on his own.

As far as the store not stocking what is frequently needed, feel free to speak to the General Manager about that as well. You'd be surprised at how accommodating most of them will be. When my son was an infant, he was on a special formula that our local Wal-Mart only carried 2 bottles per week of and which was usually sold out. When I spoke to the manager and let him know that I would need 14-16 bottles per month of the formula, he happily increased their order to accommodate the request. Try that out at your Wal-Mart...You may be pleasantly surprised!