Walmart / shoddy oil change service!

47203, IN, United States Review updated:
Took 2 cars to Walmart (old one in town) and selected Value Package Oil Service.

Car 1 - found fluids not topped as in plan, no vacuum cleaning of interiors, no windshield clean and no window shield washer fluid added. Also found some charges for battery terminals that were unchanged... So took back and technician checked and added transmission fluid and had battery charges reversed.

Car 2 - Oil was black!!! as if not changed at all, no vacuum of interior, no windscreen clean, no topping of fluids, so took it back and manager said it did not look okay (oil being black) and that he would have the oil change done again for free. Also promised to top off all the fluids as required. Later found that the fluids were again not topped. But oil change was done second time for free.

I will never go to Walmart for oil change again. Do not know how many times they did this earlier... with inexperienced or non professional technicians. The technicians seem like temps. Last time I went for oil change, they replaced my battery with a new incorrect battery and did not even fix it. Upon noticing that the clock had reset in the car, I checked hood and found the problem. Spoke to manager... who had my old good battery put back and gave the replaced battery to me for free as 1). It was tech fault to replace battery and put incorrect battery and also not connect the clamps back again on the car 2.) They could not sell the battery again.
Jo

Comments

Mi
  13th of May, 2008
I have had a similar experience here in Lubbock Tx.
I'll never use them again.
Bo
  9th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You went to Wal*Mart and got bad service at their garage... are you surprised?! It's Wal*Mart!

You go to wal*mart for cheap, Chinese-made junk not quality auto service. Sears looks down at Wal*mart for cryin' out loud!
Ro
  6th of Nov, 2008
Had oil changed and noticed on listed paperwork they had checked my air filter. Knowing last year filter was getting dirty and living near numerous construction site, I asked if it was okay. I was told that they checked it and must be okay. Asked person who actually worked on the car and was told no, they did not check it. I was told it was not convient to get too ? I guess they do not have a screwdrivers at walmart or unable to unscrew several screws? I noticed several other things marked as checked. I am sorry but will not ever go back NOT CONVIENT !
To
  12th of May, 2009
Wal Mart are true capitalists. Take all you can get and screw anyone or everyone if they complain. No integrity and definitely no quality. They forgot to put oil in my car resulting in blown engine!
Li
  27th of May, 2009
I agree. Don't go to Wal-Mart for car work.
Me
  4th of Dec, 2009
OMG! I had paid the extra $5 or so to have ALL of my fluids topped up during my oil change because i was going out of town the next day. Of course I wasn't even 10 miles out of town & I was out of antifreeze (and no, I did not have a leak)! ALSO: I was extremely low on windshield wiper fluid. Yes, I could have easily topped up these fluids myself but I had so many things to do before the trip & thought I would save myself the hassle for a few extra bucks.
  3rd of Aug, 2010
Man i remember here in yakima when they were using supertech. You used to be able to buy that at the dollar store.

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores