Walgreens / Visa / impossible to use visa for online shopping

I shop at several Walgreens averaging at least once a week. I purchased a prepaid Visa to use online, but it the websites would not accept it because it had no expiration date. I attempted to return it to save the $4.95 fee (plus tax) but was told there was nothing they could do. I was referred to a local customer service number, but my call has not been returned.

This $5.00 is significant to me. I go to extreme lengths to save $5.00. Somebody in Walgreens should have the authority and desire to take action for customer satisfaction. A $5.00 gift card to Walgreen's would do nicely.

Ga

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Feb, 2010

You're an idiot. Use the card for purchases a store somewhere. It says on their rack that they cannot refund cards. If you want a refund call the company that issues the card.

20th of Jul, 2010

I work at Walgreens, and this happens all the time. People buy the cards and have some sort of problem every time. Mainly this problem is because the person is stupid; like most of our customers. You're not buying the card from Walgreens, you're buying it from Green Dot. We don't even make any money on the cards. I've even had some idiots come in with the card claiming that it didn't work, and that they even "scratched off the little black strip on the back, and there was no code underneath." How stupid could you possibly be? It's not our fault that you're a dead beat and can't get a free checking account like a normal person.

• Ca
      27th of Sep, 2010

saku and casper are my heros!