Walgreensrude & demeaning treatment by dale, pharmacist in seymour, in location

To Whom It May Concern,
I recently took over as P.O.A. for my Mother. After the death of my beloved Father, she entered a severe depression & was a mess! She'd had her medication stolen, amongst just being generally scatter-brained & losing them. This same medication was also switched from a smaller dosed medication in the same controlled group. All these factors equaled a complete mess for her prescription history! She would always get upset when picking up her meds at the pharmacy (a Non-Walgreens) location & has been known to be quite rude to them. After getting her some help for her depression, her Dr. & I came up with the solution of me keeping her pills (as I'm her P.O.A.) & dispersing them to her by the day, to help her stay on track. This strategy worked well, though by that point, she wanted to switch pharmacies. After that same pharmacy misfilled her medication & had me also bewildered, I agreed with Mom that we should maybe switch. To be fair, my knowledge on this type of controlled medication was quite limited & I'm still learning. I went to the Columbus, IN National Rd location to transfer her script, as we were in town car shopping. The Pharmacist there told me he couldn't fill it yet, as we were a day too early. He was professional & helpful, pointing out the 2 varying dates on the bottle I had. I had looked at the wrong date. I thanked him & went to the Seymour, IN location the next day. I am from Seymour & it was my closest location. After waiting till around 10:06 (Pharmacy is supposed to open at 10, the female Pharmacy tech was also waiting on him), the Pharmacist strolled in finally, looking unhappy to see he had me waiting, as well as an elderly gentleman customer.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Seymour, IN He slammed the pharmacy door & didn't say a word to any of us. The windows were opened & the Pharmacy Tech greeted me nicely & took my info. I shopped for a bit while waiting, then sat down in the waiting area. The elderly customer had gone by now, but a new one was walking up just as the Pharmacist, Dale, called my Mom's name. Without further ado, he proceeded to make what seemed to be a public announcement, loudly stating he could not fill it. When I asked WHEN he could (thinking my date confusion had me still confused), he said "Never. This prescription has suspicious activity & you've attempted a transfer too many times. I will never fill this". When I attempted to explain that I'd gotten confused on the dates & just recently began filling them as my Mom's P.O.A., he made it clear that he wasn't listening & did everything but scream "you're a worthless, lying pill head" at me! I am a respectfully employed customer with an absolute clean record & this man managed to leave me feeling like dirt on his shoe! I've honestly never been treated that badly in my life! The utter embarrassment of his demeaning "public announcement" left me near tears & shaking in anger! I understand that there are people who DO lie & try to fraudulently fill prescriptions. I'm sure it's awful to deal with, but in all honesty, his treatment was unacceptable & unnecessary. He could've at least pulled me to the side or even let me explain what all I'd been through! If he left me feeling that badly, I can only imagine how many others he's done the same to! I immediately called my Mom's Dr. & we worked out a solution, but I will be certain to voice my concerns about Dale's unprofessional behavior to anyone I come in contact with, socially or in my field of work.

Ly