Walgreens Drug Store / exchange policy

My elderly (80+) father mistakenly picked up the wrong type of Depends. I tried to exchange them at a Wallgreens store at a different location from the one he had shopped (his Brandon, I went to Mango). The exchange would have cost me $7+.

My complaint is... these locations are not around the corner from each other... Why could I not trade in one package for the other. I did have a receipt therefore it was not as if the Depends were not paid for. K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sweetback, etc. Would have taken my packages and given me the ones I needed. What if he had made the purchase in Daytona Beach. This exchange policy needs some improvement. Now I have to wait until I am in the Brandon area or make a special trip. $26 is a lot of money for fixed income senior citizens.

N  1st of Aug, 2008 by
I have been a loyal Walgreens customer for years. Six months ago I moved to Southern PInes, NC for business. Today starts my seven month in Southern PInes. I have been to the Walgreen phar. at least 4 times in the past 6 months. Two weeks ago I need my BP prescrip. refilled with a 90 day supply, I got 15 days. Today I needed that 15 day supply refilled and at 8:30 am your pharm. is closed. In the six months I have used the store on US1, the pharm. has been closed 3 times at 8;30 or later, one time closed after 9am.
I would say you have a problem with this store. The next time the pharm. is not open, I will take my business to Walmart.
Russell L. Bilby
N  25th of Aug, 2008 by
It seems the drug expiration date is too soon. The last 2 times I got "Nitro Quick" (nitroglycerin sublingual tablets) they expired in about 4 months. I used to use CVS but changed to Walgreen and theirs was usaully 1 - 2 years for expirtations for drugs. It is not that expensive most of the time, but does not seem right.
Bob Davis