Vodacom / porting issue

1 National, South Africa

Cancelled my contract with Vodacom on 6 October, effective 31 October 2016. On 31 October my phone went to prepaid and I instructed Cell C to start the porting process. The port was not successful on Monday 31 October, so they tried again on Tuesday 1 November - still unsucessful. They submitted a port request again on Wednesday 2 November, asking Vodacom to manually release the number, "Message 5". I also phoned Vodacom Customer care to find out what the status of the port is, just to be told they don't know and I must speak to the porting department. The porting department then told me I am on contract, therefore my number annot be ported and I need to speak to cancellations. Cancellations said I was on prepaid. So after numerous phonecalls and literally being on the phone between Cell C and Vodacm the WHOLE day, after 5pm a lady at the Vodacom Porting department confirmed that my port has been approved by Vodacom. To my surprise, this morning I am still on Vodacom. Wehn enquiring about this, they told me that Cell C needs to just port the number. I then phoned Cell C porting again, they said Vodacom has still not responded to their e-mail to release manually, using Message 5. Back to Vodacom - their system is showing that the port has been approved and I should have received an SMS yesterday confirming this. I never received this SMS, which is clearly an indication that my port is still not done and number still not released by Vodacom. So after numerous phonecalls today (my 4th day of trying to port out from Vodacom) the only answer I have is that Vodacom Porting department is waiting for feedback on the query and there is nothing they can do. Being my 4th day on prepaid and spending almost all day on the phone to sort this out, I am now really irritated and need this sorted out immediately! Surely it cannot be that difficult to just release my number so that I can put this matter to rest!

Re