Vodacom / excessive data charges

1 P.O. Box 1192. Kokanje 0515Modimolle, South Africa

I have 4 contracts with Vodacom of which 3 is for data . All used to have limits on the data usage I.e. Should the monthly contract data be finished further top up data could be purchased. Approximately June 2015 I renewed the one data contract for a further 2 years at the local Vodacom agency. Apparently they did not replace the existing limit on data usage but renewed it as open-ended. I had no problem until 3 months ago when the extra data charges on this contract [protected] suddenly rocketed. The alleged extra data usage was as follows:- Account dated 2015.11. 03 R 334, 28 Account dated 2015.12.03 R3054, 41 Account dated 2016.01 .03 +- R 100 apparently. The moment I became aware of these charges I contacted Vodacom and after several calls were able to have the limit re-instated from 2016.01.01. I did not roam Internet excessively and do not know where these charges originated. I was unable to obtain from Vodacom itemised accounts detailing how these charges originated. I am a pensioner of 73 years old and cannot afford these high charges and request that same be investigated. The local Vodacom also erred in not renewing the contract on the same terms as before. If they did these charges could have been avoided.

Fr