Vodacomcustomer care

During December 2016 Vodacom attempted to take an amount of R4 100.00 from my account through a debot order. The debot order returned as my vodacom account is usually no more than R1 200.00. At this point i had not yet received my invoice in respect of the amount of R4 100.00. I logged a query in respect of my account for December 2016 and disputed the amount charged for the data usage and immediately paid the undisputed amount as advised by Vodacom's customer care that i would have to pay. The reference number in respect of the query logged is: 1- ********** 406771 and was logged on 7 January 2017.

Thereafter I received the e-mail informing me that as a “once-off” gesture the outstanding amount of R2024.29 will be credited to my account.

In the meantime Vodacom proceeded to suspend my service due to the “arrears” on my account. I have been trying for the past two days to rectify this situation and have my account unblocked but with no success.

After speaking to almost 20 different people in various departments, the accounts department has informed me that they do not see the Credit Note for the abovementioned amount on their system and, as such, they are unable to assist me. The solutions team were equally unable to assist me.

I once again requested that Vodacom furnish me with the account for December, which turned out to be an amount for aproximately R3700.00 - it is baffling why they then attempted to withdraw an amount of R4100.00 from my account. Be that as it may, and after being on the phone for over an hour trying to sort the matter out, i was again informed that even with the credit note, i still have to pay a further amount

I have now been sitting without the use of my service for two days due to no fault of my own. I was not notified that Vodacom intends to suspend my service due to arrears on my account, which in any event is not the case as a credit note has been issued.

I will most certainly be reporting this incident to the ombudsman as well

Ne