Vodacom / overbilling

P o box 11354
Silver lakes 0054
To whom it may concern:

Complaint: vodacom ref no: [protected] en [protected] : data 3g

• i have a contract with vodacom for the last 15 years on cell [protected] (Business)
• in february 2005 i took out a contract for a 3g modem with vodacom (500mg, p/m at a price of r 249 p/m)
• i have only used an average of only 300mb over the two year period due to a major problem with vodacom’s 3g signal in the silverlakes/pretoria east area. (Still a problem!)
• after many calls and letters to vodacom, they decided to credit me with an amount of r 7 545.47 for unused data over the 2 year contract period, and apologized for the poor coverage in the area.
• vodacom (Menlin park) then convinced me that they have resolved the coverage issues and now have a new 3g modem/card on the market, which will have no coverage/speed problems. I hesitantly entered into this new 2 year contract.
• still having a problem with coverage (Could only use it, by driving away from my house to coverage areas, or on business trips) , i started complaining again.
• i don’t know if vodacom then started getting irritated with my complaints or what the reason was, but the following debits occurred on my account:
• r3 671.61; r3 182.11; r4 729.75; r6 941.00; r1 695.64; r1 067.05; and r890.64 over a 7 - month period. Total: r 22 178.35 (Note the declining trend, the more i complained and threatened vodacom)
• only the above first two debits equals 9 packages of 10 gigabytes each (90gb) !!, which is 180 times more per month than i have ever used! Absurd!!
• debits on my account then reached normal r 249 p/m until the end of the contract until february 2009, when i obviously then cancelled my 3g contract with vodacom.
• during this 7 month period and until presently, i have spent time trying to resolve the matter with mr fred matthee (Executive client liaison officer) and various staff members at vodacom. I have even emailed mr pieter uys (Ceo) , who has up to now totally ignored any correspondence. Not interested in the man in the street!

• their hollow-backed standard approach and feedback letters are, to say the least, disgusting and typical of a large money-spinning firm, feeling absolutely nothing for the man on the street. Their service is mind-staggering poor and it is certain that not one of them have taken the time to investigate the matter.
• i have received at least 10 letters which are all standard: pc have outdated anti-virus (I have latest norton?) , music, movies, games, etc could have been downloaded (I don’t even know how, i only use internet for banking and e-mail!) , etc, etc
• after checking the usage detail during the overbilling period, i also realised that most of the exorbitant usage, was during the night, even until 5am, some mornings!!
• i am 55 years old and go to bed at 22h00, and my pc and sim card is switched off and locked up during the night!
• somebody inside or outside vodacom has cloned my simcard or has frauduantly hacked the system. This happens every day with simcards and creditcards!
• i hereby declare that i will not accept vodacom’s total ignorance on this matter and that i will make use of any method and tool available to wake them up and make sure that they pay directly or indirectly for their non-care attitude of the man in the street.
• vodacom sponsors sporting events and teams, but the majority of their loyal customers are just numbers, for whom they care nothing.
• vodacom, i will see you at your sponsored events and wherever you have presence! Whether it be in the newspapers, at your events, by mass –email or where you won’t expect us at all.
• hundreds of my friends, specifically in the silver lakes area are sick and tired with your poor signal and disgusting customer service!
• attached are photos of the beginning of this trip. Vodacom - have a nice day (S) !
• further prospective victims will be made fully aware of vodacom’s ignorance and overbilling practices.

W a klopper

Vodacom

Comments

• Ni
      18th of Nov, 2014

Thank you WAKlopper for this post, it is a glimmer of hope in my own personal nightmare at the hands of Vodacom in cohorts with Altech Autopage. 2015 has been my anus horibilis with this corporate thief and after losing R10 000 over four months per debit order on a 5GB data line, Vodacom switched off the thieving gremlins after my weekly phone calls. But only for a while, as there was more to come!
    I then received a demand for a further R10k two months later and am still fighting this, having blocked the debit-order at my bank (but can only do this once more) while contiually being sent from Autopage’s credit control to customer services, only to see them still witholding the URL report I requested in June already!
    And then they keep cutting my cell phone line regardless of the time of month or the fact that it is paid in full (as this morning when iot was cut mid month despite me having mistakenly double-paid this account lat month!) But this is directly related to my resubmission of request for the URL report this morning, and several calls to their call centre.
    And I am not even going into the fact that my service is Edge allowing only email and internet. Sometimes.
    This is not a conspiracy theory, they are definitely manipulating the service to aggitate and disrupt the client (victim) into fatigue and losing motivation.
    My advise to others: Stay away from debit orders completely, and issue top-up deals only.