Vizio 47& HDTV / DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

1 United States

I purchased a Vizio 47" HDTV in 10/08 that starting getting red lines through the picture, 93 days after my purchase. I called, and since it was over the 90 days, I had to walk through with tech support, resetting, trying this and that, had to send pictures of the problem, they told me it couldn't be repaired. I was told I would get a refurbished TV. I complained, they sent me to customer service. That person said I misunderstood, it is not refurbished, it's simply a TV that was manufactured the same time as the one I bought. It showed up in a brown box with a sticker over the original serial number...4 weeks later, total meltdown of the picture, all different colored horizontal and vertical lines...again, I call Vizio and they want to walk me through the same BS with tech support. I told them I want a new TV - 2 $1, 300 TV's break within 5 months and they won't give me my money back, that is not their policy...I guess they really don't care if they go out of business. Happy ending though, I called Sam's club and told them my story - absolutely NO PROBLEM for me to return it, 5 month old receipt, no original box, for a full refund! I will NEVER buy a VIZIO product again, but Sam's has a customer for life!