[Resolved] Viking River Cruisesairline tickets that they booked for my husband and me.

RE; BOOKING #2874853 My husband, John Caufield and I (Nancy Cooney) booked a trip in July, 2015 on river cruise Paris/Normandy and three day pre trip option to Paris, to depart 4/25/16 to 5/6/16. I received our airline ticket information and we are now booked to leave Phila, fly to Atlanta and then on to Paris. The departure from Paris ticket is Paris to New York with a five hour layover and then fly from New York to Philadelphia. We live in Cape May County, New Jersey. We could rent a car from JFK and be in our home within 3 hours. This is insane. When I booked trip, I spoke to a girl named Christina and we discussed flights and I paid for the Air Plus Service. I made it very clear that I wanted a direct flight and have written on my notes that we were going to fly on 4/25/16 from Phila via American at 6:15 PM direct to Paris, arriving at 7:55 AM. And on 5/6/16, we were to fly direct from Paris to Phila, leaving at 1:20 PM and arrive Phila at 3:50 PM. I called today (4/7) and spoke to Victoria and was told that my flight information was faxed to me on 2//24/16 and I should have called then. I told her that my father passed away and I buried him on 2/5/16 and have been overwhelmed. I told her that I would fax over a copy of my Dad's death certificate, but she did not want that. I asked to talk to her supervisor and after being on hold for a very long time (the entire time on phone was 29 minutes), she came back on the line and told me that the supervisors were away from their desk. I asked her for the names of her supervisors and she said their names are Jacqueline and Mia. She said that they were both out to lunch as this conversation began at 2:50 PM and she said that they were located in Calif. It is now 6:50 PM and I have not heard from anyone. I told her that I couldn't believe that this is how they treat customers. Why would anyone book a trip from Phila to Atlanta (approximately 800 miles), then have to catch a flight from there to Paris when there is a direct flight from Phila. And the return flight is ridiculous--fly to New York, have a layover of FIVE HOURS for a flight to Phila. Like I said earlier, I could drive from JFK and be in my home within 3 hours. Don't your bookers know their geography or do you just book the cheapest (if that is the case) without consideration for your customers?
This is our first Viking River Cruise and I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. We decided to go on this cruise because our friends Frank Spendlove and Cynthia Black asked us if we wanted to join them on this trip. They had taken one previous trip and enjoyed it. I asked Frank if I should book my own flights and he said that he had a good experience with Viking booking their flight. His recommendation is why I did not book my own flight. I then asked our friends, Robin and Albert Otero, if they would like to join us and they are joining us on this trip.
I have travelled the world, Africa, Dubai, Galapagos, Ecuador, Peru, numerous locations in Mexico (Merida, San Bruno, Tulum, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Maya Riviera, etc), Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, Amalfi Coast, etc, ), Ireland, England, the Caribbean, all throughout the continental US and Hawaiian Islands, Montenegro, Croatia, etc and have never complained. WILL SOMEONE RESPOND AND CORRECT THIS STUPID FLIGHT ITINERARY???

• Resolution statement

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Apr 08, 2016

Dear Mrs. Cooney:

Thank you allowing us the opportunity to respond to your comments. Please accept our deepest condolences for the loss of your father.

While we do apologize for your initial disappointment, we are delighted to report that, since the filing of this complaint, your concerns have been amicably resolved.

Mrs. Cooney, we are grateful to have been able to restore the flight schedule to your satisfaction and look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming you aboard in just a few short weeks.

Should you have any questions or wish to discuss your experience further, you are welcome to contact us directly at [protected]@vikingcruises.com.

Warm regards,
    Viking Cruises

Na
Apr 07, 2016

Comments

• Na
      Apr 09, 2016

I would like to thank you and in particular, Victoria, who was very professional and responded with a phone call within 24 hours to inform me that the ticketing issue had been resolved to my satisfaction and that the flight schedule was restored. My husband and I appreciate your response to the problem and are very much looking forward to our time in Paris and the Viking River Cruise. Again, I thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Nancy Cooney