Victoria Secret / charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

i went to a victoria secret store, and purchased items, I also signed up for their credit card.in order to even activate the card I had to agree for that protection plan something about first couple months free, blah blah blah. so I agreed. after that I got charged about 15$. I called the customer service for that protection plan, and asked them to cancle it but since its on the statement I had to pay it. so next month, it shows up again on my statement, 15$. I called again to cancle it, they said since its charged I have to pay it. so I paid it. the bill came in for next month, with another 15$ charge, so I started to get a bit furious, that im paying for nothing. I called them again and complained that my statement shows that I paid twice but it was credited twice back to me, BUT I still need to pay another 15$. I kept on telling the guy that it doesnt make sense, I paid twice and being charged twice again, BUT I got a "refund" twice. so shouldnt that all cancle out? they kept on telling me that I had to pay it. I was so mad, I told them to cancle everything. I was sick of paying for nothing. this went on for about 4 months or so... I wasted a little over 100$ and those supposedly refunds didnt come back to me, or got credited back to my account. what BS. dont sign up for that protection plan that we supposedly "have to".

Pr

Comments

• Gi
      29th of Jan, 2009

Yes I know they got me on that one too but for me, they automatically put that on every one of my credit cards so I was paying $15.00 for about 6 cards every month.

• Os
      4th of Aug, 2009

you don't HAVE to agree to that protection plan, but you will have to say "NO" at least 3 times to get your card activated and get off the phone. i had to sit through their agressive sales pitch twice since i have both a VS and an express credit card, even though i explained to the express representative that i had already heard the pitch from the VS people and was not interested. they just keep talking like you've never said no. i wrote letters to both companies expressing my displeasure, but shockingly no response. it think it is CRIMINAL that you should have to sit through an agressive telemarketing pitch just so you can activate your card and SPEND MONEY IN THEIR STORES!!! apparently people aren't spending and they have resorted to this desperate scam to flush out their bottom line. if i had a limited or bath & body works card, i could potentially have had to listen to the pitch 4 times, for nearly an hour out of my life. ridiculous. if my card expires or i lose it, rest assured i will not sit through another pitch - i'll simply cancel.

my advice??? don't activate your card. peel off the sticker and see if you can use the card already. i bet you can. this is just a way for limited brands to part you with more of your hard-earned cash. criminal.

• Wo
      15th of Jun, 2011

I just had my Angel card activated yesterday and had agreed to get the protection plan for $15/month even the customer service on phone sounded rude. At night, I couldn't sleep well thinking why I agreed to it. I only wanted to activate the card for no other obligation so now, I will cancel it. For you not to be in the same place, maybe it's right not to call the number to activate the card and just try using it. Yes, I bet is it's already been activated.