Complaints & Reviews

Halloween costume

October 3, 2016 I ordered in September 7 thinking plenty of time got charged for all items but did not get...

Problems with sizes

I ordered corset from the website www.spicylingerie.com. I checked all sizes, but in result I got small corset. They really had some problems with the sizing, ‘coz I measured myself and all measurements matched with the size M, but it was small for me. Also they didn’t reply to my emails. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

Poor Service, slow delivery

I have been a customer of Spicy Lingerie for 5 years.I have always ordered quit a bit in advance so slow processing was not usually a problem.
However, recently I ordered an item for Christmas on 12/5/13 for an event on 12/14/13. When the item didn't arrive by 12/12/13 I asked to cancel. Although customer service confirmed it did not ship yet, they would not cancel it, they said it was processing. They also informed me I would have to pay for shipping plus a re-stocking fee!
I asked for the owner or a manager to call me so I could discuss, I called twice and never got a call back! I contacted the BBB in their area and filed a complaint. The only thing Spicy Lingerie offered me was to return the item and they would wave the re-stocking fee. They acted like it was a big compromise.
They also said they called me on 12/20/13, I have no record of such call. Even so, that is 8 days after I asked them to call me, totally unacceptable. I now have a Christmas item that I got after the party that I can't use for another year. Highly unprofessional company.
They unfortunately do not know how to treat their clients, especially regular long term clients.I now use Yandy.com and have excellent speedy service and no hassle returns.

• Pi
    Pissed Off Mar 12, 2009

Do Not Buy Anything From This Rip Off Artist...poor business people...no phone number to call...customer service is a joke...giving them a debit or credit card is like begging to be robbed or scammed out of something...NEVER NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS RIP OFF ARTIST!

• Eg
    egermano Feb 11, 2014

Don't buy from them

I recently ordered a costume from Spicey Lingerie. Total cost was $91.00 and it never arrived. I tried to call several times and email and received a full voicemail EVERY time. I emailed their customer service, neve received a rely back. When I went to "purchase tracking" page itnever gave me an updated as to when the package was shipped or when I could expect like more websites do. It only said will arive 2-3 days from original purchase date. They took my money very quickly and suprisingly they are using YAhoo e commerce, so what does that say about Yahoo? All buyers beware this website and company is a scam!!

DON'T confuse with Spicy-Lingerie-Store.com

I accidently called up who i thought was spicylingerie.com too! come to find out it was spicy-lingerie-store.com. I ended up disputing my charge from spicylingerie.com and ordering from spicy-lingerie-store.com. There shipping was fast and affordable. I even had a coupon code that took 10% off every item I ordered. Type in HALLOWEEN10 when checking out and you can get 10% off too.

• Lo
    loveelyy Sep 11, 2009

I ordered from spicylingerie.com and they never sent anything! i accidently stumbled upon spicy-lingerie-store.com thinking it was their website and sent them an email just to find out they were 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORES! I LOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE spicy-lingerie-store.com . I'm sure ppl like me always email them. Spicy-Lingerie-Store.com 's customer service was very nice though and they have incredibly low prices for such high quality things. Here's my apology to Spicy-Lingerie-Store.com :)

• Nu
    Nurrem Oct 30, 2012

I have ordered items from spicy lingerie they took the order and took the full payment straight away paid for priority postage which took them 9 days tried to called them no one answers part of order arrived at normal postal service still have not received full order yet they took the full pay finally when i get to them they denied all l can say bunch of liars and out to con people, all the goods that l have had cheap, nothing at all what they advertised, beware of this people pls they are liars, cheaters beware of this people.

Don't buy from them

I made an online order from the online store spicy lingerie.com and there was an error in their cart system, it gave a wrong item in the cart instead the one i wanted, and i contacted them to correct the item but no reply,

i gave them clear instructions in my order not to ship untill all the items are available, they sent only half of the items without even referring to me.

they dont have a phone number,

they dont ever reply to any mails or messages,

they dont have customer service at all,

they are the worst online store i saw ever!!

DONT SHOP THERE EVER!!!

• Lo
    loveelyy Sep 11, 2009

You should check this store out though. seriously!

The worst store ever

i made an online order from the online store spicy lingerie.com and there was an error in their cart system, it gave a wrong item in the cart instead the one i wanted, and i contacted them to correct the item but no reply,
they dont have a phone number,
they dont ever reply to any mails or messages,
they dont have customer service at all,
they are the worst online store i saw ever!!

DONT SHOP THERE EVER!!!

• Li
    LingerieLady28 Feb 05, 2010

Ordered what I thought was plus size leopard mini dress and while it did arrive in a timely fashion, it is not plus size. It looks like and fits like a petite size item, just packaged w/ a label saying queen size- very misleading. It cannot be returned due to falling under the category of the non-refundable items, read this carefully if you do make a purchase.

Lousy service

I placed 2 separate orders. One on 2/10 with standard shipping and the other on 2/16 with Priority 2-3...

Awful company

On December 15, 2008 i ordered two items from this company. Both items were in stock at the time of confirming my order. After not receiving my purchase over the next two weeks, i sent an e-mail to their help chat site on tracking my product and/or full refund.

I received a response the next day informing me that cancellation wasn't possible since my product had already left the warehouse and in order to receive a full refund i'd have to return the product once i received it. After a few days and still no delivery, i e-mailed the company back for an estimated date of arrival.

I received a response informing me that both of the items i ordered were out of stock and it would be shipped in approximately 3-10 weeks. Also, my credit card would not be charged until the products left the warehouse. I immediately checked my account and discovered that the funds were taken out of my account on December 17, 2008.

I made multiple attempts to contact a representative of this company without any success. The telephone number is set to a voice message instructing clients to logon to the company's website for all questions, comments or assistance.

Scam charges

I recently ordered a Halloween costume from Spicylingerie.com and paid a hefty express shipping fee to receive it in time. I order online quite often and was expecting an email confirming shipment of my order, but it never came. The order status page link in my receipt email sent me to a page that listed nothing under order status or shipping-- nice. So, I began a Google search for a phone number to contact them (not listed on the site) and, instead, I find dozens of reports that Spicy Lingerie is a complete scam and that I will never receive merchandise from them, but they will charge me. The phone number that I finally found for them sent me to a full voice mailbox, and the link on the website to chat with a 'friendly' customer service agent only appears to be a link, clicking on it gets you nowhere. This is exactly what other victims described. I am the second person to report this company on this site and my experience was identical to the one posted. I am completely appalled at the thought of how much money these people must be are making; an average order of one item with express 'shipping' seems to be around $100. I read the other report on this website and was disgusted when I realized that it had been filed 2 YEARS ago. Apparently stealing money is pretty easy to get away with.

molugo306 Jan 08, 2009

Hello My name is Jaclinne From Spicy Lingerie, We have been in business since 2001, We will be more than happy to resolve any issue for our customer. However if a Costume that is used is not returnable is something we cannot accept it back, We do receive customer who try to return used hallowen costume especially in season of oct. nov that after their one time use, they simply want to return the used costume and get their money back, We state our return policy clearly Costume is a not returnable item, Can be exchange for size if doesn't fit.

Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with or simply drop us a email or phone call.

[email protected]om

• Je
    jezkim Dec 26, 2009

I've browsed through hundreds of the items posted on Spicy Lingerie, and I am extremely satisfied with the variety of costumes and lingerie that they provide. However, I find that it is pointless to advertise all these items when it is not in stock (perhaps, the person in charge of the website can state whether these items are available). Although the items are cheap, I would not bother to purchase anything from this company. Visit a lingerie store near your home (it's quicker, easier and less of a hassle). The first time I purchased an item, I received an e-mail 7 days later stating that they no longer have it in stock. This month I purchased multiple items, however, it is now the 10th day and I am still waiting for the company to process my order. I left a message for them a couple of days ago to see what was taking so long, and they "happily" replied back saying that my tracking number will be updated soon. Apparently, their definition of "soon" is not similar to Webster's definition. Based on their messages, this company seems as though they will go out of their way to provide customer service. Unfortunately, from personal experience, I have not been treated as a valued customer. To cater to their customer, perhaps they should hire more workers to speed up the process (and reply to their e-mails in a timely manner)? I don't know who's running the business, but whoever it is has poor management skills.

Rip off company

I placed an order with Spicy Lingerie and attempted to cancel the order that same day, only a few hours later. They first sent me an email saying that they wouldn't cancel the order because it had already shipped. I sent them an email back saying that it wasn't possible that the item had shipped because they haven't even had time to process it yet. They didn't send me an email back but they credit my debit card the $61 I paid for the costume.

A week later they charged my debit card the $61 that they have previously credited it. I contacted them saying that my bank would take action if they didn't credit my account once again. I'm still waiting to hear back from them but I will never order from them again.

Fraud and scam

I ordered a Halloween costume from Secret Costumes on October 24th. Just like all the other reports I have read, after I ordered my costume, I totally got ripped off. I paid over $60 for the costume plus priority shipping. They sent an email confirmation immediately after I purchased the item that looked completely real.

Also, the site says it is approved by Yahoo. After waiting for almost five days with no costume, I tried to contact Secret Costumes via email. No response. So, I sent another email the next day. No response. I called the phone number they have listed on the internet and received a recording that the mailbox was full and to leave a message. I started to get concerned and decided to Google the company. Low and behold, I found multiple reports that the company was a scam. So yeah... I had to get out the trusty old glue gun and make a last minute costume. Please do not trust your credit card information to this site!! I've had to cancel my credit card and file a fraudulent transaction with my bank. Fun times... Happy Halloween!

• Ju
    Juliecc Oct 30, 2018

How about you don't always assume the customer is out to scam you? What kind of customer service is that? aI purchased 2 halloween dresses that were of such poor quality that they did not even stay intact for 1 night. I am not trying to return a "used" costume. I am trying to return a costume that was not suitable to wear. The quality and construction was horrible. Both dresses I ordered had the same problem. And just to be clear, I am happy to submit photos to verify that the dresses were not FITTED or TIGHT. You should consider each complaint independently and try to make customer service a priority. I have submitted online reviews and reviews to the Better Business Bureau in California. I will continue to voice my dissatisfaction with this company and its policies.

Terrible store

I ordered $105 worth of items from spicylingerie.com and spent $20 more for express shipping. This was last...

Still no delivery

Do not order from this company. I paid extra for priority shipping on a costume - which is 2-3 days. It has been 2 weeks and they are telling me today that it's just been shipped. They told me for 3 days straight it was shipped that day - they are liars and I believe they try to rip you off and unless you call everyday and keep on them, you will never see your order.

Then I asked about their return policy, just in case. I was told costumes are non-refundable. I just know something is going to be wrong with my order, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Beware!

Maria Gomez Feb 11, 2009

i placed a order on 02/04/09 and i havent received the orfer i paid $8.00 for shipping method for priority mail 2-3 days its been a week my order # is spicylingeriestore-132736 i'll be waiting for your response thank you. from Maria Gomez,

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices