Verizon Wireless / falsified invoices

1 N. Dalemabry / N. HimesTampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I had an old Primeco phone, and Primeco was bought out by Verizon Wireless, so I switched my plan over. I had a one year contract which in brief said I agreed to keep the companies service for a year, and of course they would provide service for a year.
About a week into the service my phone is cut off, I attempt to contact customer service, but the customer service number I was given was no longer valid, so I walk to a pay phone, I contact Verizon Wireless wanting to know why my phone was off. Verizon wireless stated that it was due to non-payment. I was confused, I just turned it on, my bill wasn't due yet. I explained, they reconnected it. The next billing cycle came, I paid the bill, and two days later my phone was off again. I walked to a payphone and contacted Verizon Wireless. They said it was due to non payment. I informed them I did pay my bill. They found it in the computer where I had, and turned the phone back on. The next day, it was off again, and so on and so on...
Finally, after over a month of problems with the service I contacted Verizon Wireless again from a pay phone, and informed them I wished to cancel my service. They gave me no problems as far as that went. I let them know it was because they were not upholding their end of the contract. They ended the contract. A month or two go by and I receive a bill from NCO Financial, a debt collection agency I previously worked for, for $300. something dollars. I contact NCO and inform them of the problem I had with Verizon and why I dropped the contract. NCO doesn't take it any further, and notifies Verizon that they were not going to handle this account. Fast forward a year and a half. Verizon now has their own collections department, and is hounding me about the $500. something dollars they maintain I owe them. I contact them requesting an explanation of the charges and they refuse to provide one. Instead they contact Experian, Transunion, and Equifax, and report on me. I dispute these charges, and inform the CRA's that I am not responsible for this as Verizon failed to uphold their end of the contract. Verizon contacts the CRA's and me back, and changes their reason for the alleged debt, saying that the charges resulted from phone calls I made from the phone, everyone of which came after my date of cancellation, for a phone that I did not keep. For 7 years now I have been fighting this, and for 7 years no matter how many times Verizon Wireless changes their story on why I owe them money the CRA's continue to report it. It is a horrible thing that these mullti billion dollar companies can get away with this type of stuff against the poor people of our society. But hey, I am glad we finally have something like this, because the BBB and other organizations are not here for us, but for companies like Verizon Wireless.

Lo

Comments

• Rh
      19th of Dec, 2009

Verizon Wireless in only concerned with thier bottom line. Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.