Verizon Wireless / scam/ripoff - dangerous phones

1 Kingston Ulster, United States Review updated:

Verizon has the worst customer service / scam going in this state. My wife went in July compalaine that my phone heated up too hot to touch while charging (her identical phone did not). The techs said nothing was wrong with the phone with a 1 min check. Yesterday the phone was soooooooooo hot it put a burn mak on our 99 year old counter. Tech looks at clearly states this is usually water damage - looks at phone shows me the indicators on the battery and the phone and state " no water damage!) I will have your new phone for you in 20 minutes! 35 minute later he brings back my phone says sorry I was wrong there is water damage! The indicators suddenly changed in that 35 minutes (Peter showed them to me)! While waiting the next 6 customers all had "water damage" in that store. We were all told you might have gone from airconditioning to the outside humiddity and damaged your phone. Don't we ALL? Te saga continues when the manager tells me (after I tell her to diconnect the service and don't charge the termination fee) I am a "[censored]ing A**hole. I throw my phone on the floor and leave. She places a complaint with the local authorities (covering her butt). Verizon customer service all the way up to the Presidents office (David Small #[protected]) supports the crazy woman they are paying a salary instead of the customer that is paying for their service. Everyone with a problem inidate this phone number and show them that good customer relations is important!

Comments

• Al
      24th of Jul, 2009

Thanks for the number! I will use all of my left over minutes each month to call and tell them how much Verizon S*CKS.

That will be better than getting a collection notice for cancelling the service...

• Br
      6th of Oct, 2009

I agree with you! After the next two yrs I'm leaving them for good. I bought a new phone replaced it twice already and they send me instead of a new phone a used one. The first two times it was replaced new since it was under 30 days so they say. If I wanted something used I would buy it off of Ebay or Craigslist. Also if you have insurance with them that's a waste too! They make you pay $50 just to send you a used replacement. They make you pay through the nose and the only thing good about them is the number of towers they have but that's it. Everyone I know who isn't with them get more for their money and pay less then I do and I don't even get unlimited texts and minutes.

• Li
      31st of Jan, 2010

They Scammed me so bad see http://www.verizonwirelessliestocustomers.info/

• Kb
      8th of Dec, 2010

ordered 4 phones off of their web site and they send me 1 that is on their fraud list