Verizon Wireless / unfair business practices/deceptive billing

Duluth, MN, United States Review updated:

In December of 2009 I received an offer from Qwest for a package deal including High Speed Internet, Landline and Cell Phone service to be provided by Verizon Wireless. The service was to start on 1-4-2010. I was gone the month of December and when I returned home on December 3rd, I was advised by my current cell phone provider that I would be charged a $200 early termination fee. I called Qwest the next morning, 1-4-2010 and cancelled the order. I received confirmation by email that day from Qwest that the order had been cancelled. I returned the cell phone and all their equipment which was never used to the address from which it was mailed on 1-5-2010. Verizon continues to bill me for cell phone service which was never activated. I went up to their office in the mall here in Duluth, Minnesota and spoke to their representative showing them the email from Qwest confirming that the order was cancelled. I called their representatives on several occasions and told them that the order was cancelled. I am still being billed for services never received.

Comments

• Sc
      29th of Jun, 2010

I have had the identical problem with verizon. It's seems this is how the've managed to build their multi milllion dollar empire. They lure you with their cancel within 30 days clause. It's really just a shrewd sales tactic to take your hard earned money. My opinion is they are deceptive in their contracts and don't care about reputation or repeated customers. Their customer service is also terrible.
    Beware consumers.

• Ro
      24th of Mar, 2013

I canceled my service after several years of always paying my bill on time and after a year goes by I suddenly get a bill. i have no way to prove i canceled my service. who keeps canalization numbers that long'