Verizon - Residential / verizon is a fraud!

United States Review updated:
Verizon - Residential
www22.verizon.com/residential/

I had someone stay at my house for a two month period because he was having his own problems. He asked me if he could put in a new phone line so he could work (he is a telemarketer) and I said I don't care, but I don't want it in my name.

This Saturday, I got a bill in my name for his phone line, it hadn't been paid since it was installed. I don't know how it was put in my name since he doesn't have any of my information.

I called Verizon's fraud department, and after wasting an hour on the phone, I was informed that it isn't a case of fraud because they can't see why someone would do that. Myself, I have a good standing account with Verizon for 4 years, and someone puts a new line on my account without any type of authorization, and they blame me.

She refused to help any further, and referred me to Verizon's billing department, that referred me back to Fraud.

She told me that anyone can add another line to anyone's account, and there isn't any authorization. Furthermore, if anyone puts an account under my name, I am responsible.

I'm going to continue to get this account deleted, but I'm going to get my lawyer involved soon.
Va

Comments

Lo
  4th of Apr, 2008
1. We have spent 2-1/2 (two & half) hours between the telephone, reaching Customer Service and Internet, trying to connect to the appropriate service, in order to inform that we wish to disconnect our line AS OF APRIL 18, 2008

2. Even the e-mail services froze our PC’s when trying to send an e-mail with our data.

3. This is very UNFORTUNATE that, we, customers have to go through such troubles instead of facilitating our time and effort.

4. This is not WHAT AMERICA is for. AMERICA equal services because it was created people oriented not trouble oriented.

5. We would very much appreciate YOU CANCELL our TEL. SERVICE for No. 703-370-0253 - AS OF APRIL 18, 2008

PS. We feel very sorry for all those Senior Citizens who have no one who can help them. God bless America !!!

Lowell P. Strader
Ja
  13th of Nov, 2008
You have the most inefficient service to customers that I have ever encountered.

No matter whether I am trying to get a phone number, ask about a bill, understand your comments on a variety of your services, etc. they are all incompetent and a waste of time!

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications