Verizon / International Long Distance Plan / lack of disclosure of international long distance plan
When I ordered a new residential phone service with Verizon back in March 2007, I chose the "I don't wish to add a Verizon international calling plan" option. I was under the impression that no international phone calls can be made with this option.
That was a $412.49 mistake. A relative made international phone calls in May 2007 without my knowledge. Verizon is charging me $412.49 for 81 minutes of phone call to Taiwan. My beef is that when I chose the "I don't wish to add a Verizon international calling plan" option, there was no further information (not even fine print) on what this option entails... not to mention the incredible $5/minute call rate.
3 phone call attempts with Verizon only resulted in their offer to take off 25%. I refused & decided to take this up to the FCC, BBB, and FTC.
More Verizon / International Long Distance Plan Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - wireless service/ lack of customer support
- Verizon Communications - jetpack
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service