Verizon Fios / verizon is stealing/double-dipping

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Hi i order 2 FIOS Services, Residential and Business services. I was promised for a whole month of dealing with Verizon to get this order in that i was getting 2 boxes (2 ONT's installed). I had the business service installed with the 1st box without any problems. Then 3 week later when i finally got a order in for Residential service, the technician came out and installed everything on the same box instead of installing a 2nd one.

And to make matters worse, i pay $100 a motnh for Business FIOS with a Static IP Address service (you cannot get that on Residential Service) that they now have to steal and double-dip for the Residential service by taken internet bandwidth away from my Business internet connection in order for the Residential TV Service to work right.

I was not sold on this and it is deceptive business practices. Had Verizon told me that they were only going to install just the one box i would of never ordered their TV service. And now they are refusing to come out and install the 2nd ONT box like they promised me for the whole month. What do you do?

Thanks

Comments

• Fi
      13th of May, 2008

We as FIOS techs are given a job per day quota that prevents us from doing a good job. We slap the equipment in as fast a humanly possible because you the customers are nothing but a widget (job per day) towards our daily quota. We use to take pride in our work and do everything perfect and really satisfy the customer. Now the bean counters have ruined our job by trying to maximize our efficiency or at least that is how it looks on paper. I can honestly say that when I knock on your door I'm looking to do the fastest crappiest install and just get credit for the job never mind if it barely works. Someone is bound to fix the bugs on one of the many trouble tickets that it takes to correct the crappy install we did to begin with.