Verizon Fios / misleading sales practices

NJ, United States Review updated:

I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for over 4 years. I called recently to upgrade my standard set top boxes to HD boxes. Seemed simple enough. It was suggested to me by the representative that by signing a new two year agreement I could get a $300 Visa gift card and upgraded internet speed as well. I specifically asked if there was any reason NOT to do so. Her response was "none that she could think of". Turns out that in signing a new agreement, I lost significant TV content. My original bundle, which was apparently "grandfathered", was no longer available and in signing the new two year agreement my service was downgraded. I was told I could get my original channel line-up back but that I would have to pay a higher monthly rate. No matter how much I argued that no one with any sense would agree to LESS content for the SAME cost, I got nowhere. I asked for them to pull the tape on the supposedly recorded call and was told that not all calls are recorded and there was no way to know what I was told by their representative. I believe this is a classic example of bait and switch. Verizon needs to be held accountable for misleading sales practices.

Bo

Comments

20th of Mar, 2012

Exactly the same thing happened to me. How can Verizon get away with this? I have lost access to most of the channels I liked, and I discussed this in detail with the rep, who assured me I would get the channels I like. I hate Verizon.