Verizon Fios / can't get them to install it

Fort Wayne, IN, United States
Phone: 1-888-363-1125

My husband and I have only lived in the Fort Wayne, IN area since Sept. 1st of this year. We are from Michigan. In the area of MI we are from, Verizon is just a cell phone carrier. Our cell phone carrier. We were excited about getting the bundle package of FiOS TV, phone and internet. We ordered it. Three different times, each time we were given an installation date in excess of 3 weeks. Which is unheard of, in any dealings with cable, we have ever experienced. We have yet, to get Verizon FiOS. We are with Comcast. We had no issues with Comcast. They came out in 4 days and we have been with them ever since. A Verizon salesperson came to our door and said they could save me $50. a month. I explained the problems we had in the past. I was assured this would no longer be a problem, if I agreed to sign up. I was given the salespersons cell phone, and an 800 number I could even use on the weekends. We agreed. The salesperson called back with a few extra questions and then again later with a confirmation number. I was told I would recieve a call from Verizon with an installation date. I indeed recieved that call. It told me I had an installation date of Nov. 2nd (3 weeks out again). I was not in front of a calender, so I was unaware it was a Sunday. When I did relize it, I thought, "well, they are a large company...". The installers never came. That number for weekend customer support, sent us to a recording that said the office we were attempting to call was closed. The salesperson, said they don't do installations on Sunday so he doesn't know why were told that, and gave us anothe rnumber to use. My husband was on hold several minutes before he was disconnected. The following Monday comes and we still have not heard from Verizon. My husband calls, gets put on hold for several minutes to be told, first they could not find our order and lastly, that we were put on a credit hold. The questions they needed answered were the same ones the salesperson called me back for. No one called our home to ask those questions, they just put our account on hold and then did not do anything, including installing our cable, internet and phone. We were told this was the number one company for these type of services. There is no way. I am stunned that a company this l;arger can have such a piss poor customer service. We couldn't even get them to instyall it and we have been their customers for over 2 years. We were told that is a complete different service and not connected to our cell phone service. My husband told them after 2 1/2 months of run-around and no service, it never will be.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications