Verizon Fios / scam!

1 Doylestown, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-306-5741

I recevied an automated telephone call on Sunday, March 2nd, thanking us for ordering FIOS internet service. Here is the problem no one in my home ordered the service. On Monday, March 3rd, upon returning home from work I see painted one-call markings on my yard. I called Verizon immediately and after going through the endless computer prostitute voice prompts i finally got a hold of a real person.

After telling him the situation he looked into the situation but could not answer who ordered this or when it was ordered. He transfered me to another division and after waiting again, that person could not answer any of the questions either. He could only tell me that the order was either placed over the internet or by a door to door salesperson. He assured me though that the order was canceled. Wow, now i am thinking of identity theft. Now is when this gets good.

The one-call dig marks were done on 3/3/08. However, the person from customer service said the scheduled installation was not until 4/12/08. Being in the industry, I know you only have 10 days from the utility mark outs to start the project.

Today, March 4, 2008, a utility company came and tried to mark out my property. After telling them my situation and that i canceled the "order" they informed me that Verizon has been doing this type of thing in our area for some time now. If you do not call and cancel the order, they go ahead and install the FIOS service.

This action is unacceptable!!!

Br

Comments

• Pm
      11th of Jul, 2008

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR VERIZON FiOS.

A door to door salesperson convinced us to move FiOS with the promise of the $200 AMEX Gift Card promotion. We called after the installation as instructed about when the card would arrive. In the first call, the Verizon representation said she would take care of it and that we should call back if we didn't receive it in 2 weeks. Two weeks later, we called again because the card did not arrive. This time we were told we didn't qualify for the promotion because it ended May 1st. But I pointed out that we placed the order on April 26th. They came back and said we didn't qualify because our internet speed had to be 20/20. When I objected that it was the not what the salesperson had told us, a manager came on and told us we didn't qualify because it was for new FiOS customers only. We had Verizon phone service - although it was not FiOS.

I am dumbfounded that Verizon would use deceptive marketing to sign up customers but that is exactly what they are doing. Verizon hired only one company to send out door to door salespeople to sell FiOS. If salespeople are screwing up, that's a problem for Verison to handle. The bottom lime is that Verizon is repsonsible as if these employees were their own.

I am now seeking Verizon to refund the activiation fee for their Internet service and pay the activiation fee for our moving back to Comcast. I am moving all of my services from Verizon, including our cell phones.

By the way, Verizon FiOS has very limited HD as compared to Comcast. I'm sure they'll catch up - but at the moment moving to FiOS TV was a step backward, although the picture is a little better.