Verizon Fios / scam!
I recevied an automated telephone call on Sunday, March 2nd, thanking us for ordering FIOS internet service. Here is the problem no one in my home ordered the service. On Monday, March 3rd, upon returning home from work I see painted one-call markings on my yard. I called Verizon immediately and after going through the endless computer prostitute voice prompts i finally got a hold of a real person.
After telling him the situation he looked into the situation but could not answer who ordered this or when it was ordered. He transfered me to another division and after waiting again, that person could not answer any of the questions either. He could only tell me that the order was either placed over the internet or by a door to door salesperson. He assured me though that the order was canceled. Wow, now i am thinking of identity theft. Now is when this gets good.
The one-call dig marks were done on 3/3/08. However, the person from customer service said the scheduled installation was not until 4/12/08. Being in the industry, I know you only have 10 days from the utility mark outs to start the project.
Today, March 4, 2008, a utility company came and tried to mark out my property. After telling them my situation and that i canceled the "order" they informed me that Verizon has been doing this type of thing in our area for some time now. If you do not call and cancel the order, they go ahead and install the FIOS service.
This action is unacceptable!!!
More Verizon Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet