Verizon Fios / terrible customer service, and inappropriate cancellation

Carrollton, TX, United States Review updated:
3.35

I was extremely puzzled and frustrated by how Verizon treats its customers. The whole incident happened briefly after I added FiosTV to my Fios Internet. Here is what happened to my account.
I’ve been with Verizon at the same address since 20004. The broadband speed has been pretty good. I use automatic payment with my credit card on profile. However, when I added my FiosTV last month the problem with the Verizon account system got magnified. The FiosTV bill came in a separate account. The reps I talked to and all the advertisement all indicate that Fios service shall be one department and one account. Separate accounts are not an excuse to not pay. However, I’ve tried to make payments three times, the latest on 9/5/08. But after hours on the phone, I was told not to worry about it and to discard the past due notice as they’re merging the two accounts, and the credit card on my Fios Internet shall cover the balance. Then all of a sudden today 9/17/08, everything is disconnected. When I called in, I was told it’s cancelled due to non-payment. And I was told I’ll have to pay re-activation fees to have my service restored! This makes me fume! None of the reps has the concept of customer retention. Even though it’s Verizon who screwed up (one rep told me they had a ticket to merge the two accounts, but it wasn’t completed due to some technical issues), they want me to pay all the fees! When I asked one of the rep that whey they disconnected TV and Internet, instead of the TV which has an overdue balance (Fios Internet has charged my credit card for last month and is current), I was told that they did merge the accounts, thus the combined account has an overdue balance, and they have to terminate both services!!! I have had bad experience with AT&T and TXU, but this is over the limit! All the reps have different ways to ignore you and insist that I have to pay the activation fee even I told them they’re getting $60 addition
Here are the highlights of the incident:
• I tried to make payments three times in last month, and was told Verizon is combining my existing Fios Internet and the new FiosTV service account, and will use my credit card on the Internet account for the payment. Now my account has been canceled and I’m asked to pay reactivation to restore my service.
• Almost all representatives don’t care about what you feel as a customer. They just stick the fees on your face. The exceptions are Lisa and Lori.
• They never figured out what’s going on with my account. At some point they said my account was cancelled because the two accounts are not merged. Then they said all my services were canceled because they merged my accounts.
• At some point one representative pretended to have a “communication melt down” due to my “thick” accent.
• I’ve switched my phone service to other VoIP vendor for 3 years. However, every time I call I still have to jump through loops to explain I don’t have Verizon phone service. And one of the rep today try to force his understanding on me by saying the phone was disconnected due to past due amount.

Comments

An
  26th of Sep, 2008
if you are in MA or RI, i can help u, if this matter hasn't been resolved yet!

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications