Verizon Fios / terrible company

1. It took more 20 telephone calls over a period of more than 4 months, plus an online attempt, all between January and May of 2008, before Verizon came out to do an installation of “triple play”. Several times, appointments were made, then canceled. Other times they simply didn’t show up (March 21st comes to mind). Sometimes, they canceled and rescheduled without contacting me, then canceled again, again without contacting me (I found this out only through later phone call trying to confirm what should have been a future appointment). Once, they even showed up when there was no appointment (I know because that time they did contact me by phone and I had to tell the to leave as nobody was home to receive them).

2. When they finally kept an appointment they made, their installation was, in a word, awful. Why?
a. They failed to procure my current phone number, which I considered essential as I’ve had it for years
b. They wanted to install another phone number. I refused as I had no use for it, so they didn’t, but charged me for that phone service that was never installed nor activated.
c. They didn’t use their own wiring but instead, expropriated the existing Comcast lines, disabling me from subscribing to both.

3. Because of the poor quality of the wireless internet router, the substandard on-demand TV service and the absence of phone service for which I was being charged, I canceled everything within the 15 day period before Verizon obligates a customer to a full year of their incorrigible service. I was told, repeatedly during my 20 some-odd phone calls that I would be charged nothing if I canceled within that 15 days. Nonetheless, I get a $71 bill for 6 [six] total days of service, including an “activation” fee for the phone service that was never activated. Faced with obstinate, rude, billing clerks on the phone, who most common attribute is disconnecting me, I paid the bill knowing that Verizon won’t hesitate to damage a customer’s credit profile by reporting a “delinquent” account to the credit agencies. They did it to me a year ago after I pulled the plug on their copper wire phone service and they failed to send me a “final” bill (I didn’t know how much to pay). For $52, I’d now have trouble refinancing my home.

4. Finally, to add insult to injury, I’ve just received the bill that broke this camel’s back and motivated me to write this letter. They want another $111 claiming I never returned the junk internet router mentioned in (3), above. This is nonsense and I have proof in the receipt I made sure they gave me, then scanned into my computer, then printed a copy and put it in a safe.

Ws

Comments

30th of Jul, 2010

Verizon is a horrible business that so many people I know won['t do business with, that I sold my stock in their company despite a 48 cent dividend.They are so bad that I tell everyone not to use them at ever5y oppurtunity I get, and will do so for a very long time.They suck basically and are rude to boot./