Verizon Fios / lack of hd programming!

I subscribed to the Verizon FIOS television service largely because the company claimed to have the most extensive-lineup of high definition programming available. Only after it was installed did I learn that the New England Sports Network, the television home of the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, is not offered by Verizon in HD.

Worse, there is no easy way to contact the company and get an answer about when and if this service will be available. The Verizon website is completely automated, with no option available to send an email to a real person.

The company clearly wants no contact from disgruntled customers.

Comments

Je
  31st of Oct, 2007

I could not agree more. They signed on 217,000 new subs for the quarter and they don't think they need to spend any money on new content as they cant handle the load they have now of new customers. They stated in a press release they will not add any HD content till 2008 in late spring at the soonest.

Do
  1st of Nov, 2007

Don't go with Verizon Fios. They have no control over their billing system.

I've been working four months with them, and am currently over five hundred dollars over-charged. Service was advertised and sold to me as 65/month - but I'm billed at least 200 dollars each month, because the network thinks I am reinstalling service six or seven times each month.

Customer service calls this "Phantom Installations," and they have no way to stop it. Some have suggested I collect the bills, and then at the end of each year to go to small claims court to try to get the money back. Others have told me the situation should be corrected within 12 to 18 months, at which point I should apply for credits.

Fios is a good internet service, but billing has not caught up. Unless you have 5000 to invest in Internet service (possibly refundable after a year or so) you really shouldn't go this route.

Jo
  27th of Nov, 2007

Three weeks without email and tech support still cannot fix. I am fed up with Verizon.

Se
  19th of Jan, 2008

File in small claims court. Bring PAPER proof: contracts, communications, transactions

Verizon CANNOT be trusted. TimeWarner cable offers 15 megabits per second in many markets.

get all the HD episodes you could ever want from newzbins

Jo
  2nd of Dec, 2008

verizon is no good they ripped me off
do not go with V.E.R.I.Z.O.N lousy costomer service and billing could not resolve matter.