Verizon - Fairpoint - Direc Tv / false advertising

1 5 willow creek laneOld Orchard Beach, ME, United States
Phone: 954-531-2754

In october 2008, I signed up for a $99./mo special being ofered by verizon and direct tv. After several billing cycles, I noticed I was paying quite a bit more than the $99. I called verizon to explain and they said I had to call direct tv as verizon was charging the correct amount. I had no way of knowing because the bill was too confusing. I called direct tv and they told me I had to notify them within 2 weeks of the special deal or I had to pay the full amount. I told them I was never notified of this and I have no record of any coupon requesting that I do this. I told them I wanted to cancel my account and they told me I couldn't as I had signed a contract for 18 months. This also, I was never notified. I finally found this on the back side of the installation checklist. So not only was I not getting the $99 bundle special, I was n't getting the dsl to work. When I called verizon to see it they could do something about the service, they sent me anothe modem which also didn't work. Shortly after that, verizon was sold to fairpoint. I was paying over $150 per mo for waht was a $99 special. I called fairpoint and cancelled there service as I got no satisaction fr9m them. I continued with direct tv as I was required per their contract (?) to keep in service for 18 months. My bill for direct tv alone was 58.54in june of 2009 and increased to 70.69 when I finally cancelled the service in october 2010. I wasted more time on the phone trying to get somebody to answer my questions. The tv service was ok but trying to get an honest answer from anyone was a trip and a half. I will never do business with any of the companies ever again. I feel like i've been played for a sucker and it won't happen again.