Verizon DSL / billing incompetence

I canceled my verizon services in May which included phone and DSL. I canceled not because of service but because of the customer relations people. Everytime you call you get a different answer and a different crappy attitude.

I paid my "final" bill. I had to cancel with two different departments, yet I just received a bill from them stating I have been shut off from service since I haven't paid my bill. I even overpaid and they refunded some money.

Why can't Verizon DSL Billing department get it right. I have called in total 11 times to cancel and complain and 11 times I was told it was finally cancelled and all bills would be credited. No one knows what they are doing over there.

How can I make them hear me? Just cancel my service for good and stop billing me for something I don't get!!!

Va

Comments

• Ij
      5th of Mar, 2010

More than agree. You have to check every invoice, I've been double billed twice. In another incident I started getting letters from a collection agency over an unpaid $153.99 which not only had been paid on time, but actually represented an accidental overpayment on my part. I never heard anything from Verizon, so no idea how I got referred to a collection agency. And don't even get my started on the competence of the collection agency, but advise getting a signature receipt for anything you send to these type of organizations.