Silv Communication Logo

Silv Communication

Having problems with Silv Communication?

3460 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1103
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Silv CommunicationsBilling for services not ordered

I just found out from our new account manager with AT&T that we'd been getting charges on two of our phone lines by this Silv Comm, through USBI. Through AT&T, we'd already had a deal on all 10 of our lines for unlimited long distance for a flat rate, but I never noticed that this new charge started appearing with the February bill. We'd recently switched back to AT&T after a brief time using another service, but the bills look a bit different now with AT&T and I'm sure that added to me not noticing. Neither I nor the administrator of our nursing home authorized any changes to be made, and I'm very careful when listening to folks trying to scam me. I've heard quite a few good ones over my 11 years at this job. I usually have a bit of fun with the "We're with the copy machine . . . " scammers before they get frustrated and hang up. Somehow these guys managed to get their hands on 2 lines and charge us almost the same fee for 2lines as we were getting charged for all 10 lines combined for long distance. Be careful out there.

Silv Communicationmanipulative sales tactics

A few months ago, I received a call from someone on behalf of AT&T. The sales representative asked if we were satisfied with our phone service, and if we were interested in additional savings on our long distance plan. Of course we were interested, what small business wouldn't be?

The salesman had me say my full name, and quickly asked me a number of questions about our phone services, which I said yes to. I didn't question the person worked for AT&T. Why would I? They called me, and I had spoken to AT&T that morning.

Today the owner called AT&T about adding an additional phone line to our business. AT&T pointed out to him that we have two long distance plans, and one is with another provider, Silv Communications. The owner called Silv and was informed that I authorized the long distance plan, and that even had a recording with me stating my name and authorizing the change in our services. When he asked to hear the recording, they said it would take 3 to 5 days. He was then given another number to call and speak to a supervisor. He called and during the conversation, the supervisor hung up!

What company operates by deceiving one customer after another, and then avoids handling the complaints their shady business brings them?

I'm placing a complaint on here, with the FCC, Georgia's and California's Attorney General.

Silv Communications — Fraudulent Charges

I called AT&T on an entirely different matter and they told me that my long distance carrier had been...

Silv Communications — scam

I received a call from John Anav stating he was from AT&T my current provider, and was offering a 35%...

Silv CommunicationFraud/Misrepresentation

Just like previous complaints here, SILV Communications called at my new business. They said they were from AT&T and that a mistake had been made and they needed to reconfirm my long distance carrier. I asked them several times if they were AT&T and they said yes.
      The long distance part of my phone bill should have been $40 from AT&T (flat rate bundle) but when I got the bill it listed SILV Communications as the carrier and the amount was $133.
      I called SILV [protected], Robin) and they said I needed to write a letter to Silv Communications, 3460 Wilshire Blvd, STE 1103, Los Angeles, CA 90010; this was the only way to dispute the charge.
      She then played a recording of the supposed transaction - the recording was some woman that sounded nothing like my voice - not even close! I laughed and told the lady nice try.
      Bottom line I am writing the letter and complaining to as many agencies as possible.
      If someone calls saying they are from a company, hang up and call the company directly - don't take their word for it.

Silv CommunicationsFraud

Like the others before, I was contacted by a man who said he was an AT&T representative, my current phone provider. He represented himself as an AT&T rep. while offering me a discount on my long distance and other phone services. He stated the long distance would be provided by Silv Communications. Two months later my AT&T bill arrived with crazy charges from USBI...none of these charges were legitimate. When trying to contact someone to discuss the matter, I was given the run around. I was informed the only way to contact Silv Communications directly was through mail. AT&T needs to do something to help protect their customers. Watch out for SILV COMMUNICATIONS!

AdvancedPersonal Sep 28, 2010

I am interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this company. I spoke with our local AG and she suggested it. Interested??

• Ro
            ROGER JACKSON8 Aug 15, 2014

SCAM TOTAL SCAM FIRST TOLD ME THEY WILL GIVE 35% DISCOUNT ON MONTHLY TELEPHONE BILLS, BUT DONT GIVEN ME ANY DISCOUNT APART OF THAT ACTIVATE THE LONG DISTANCE SERVICES.
            THEY CALL ME UP ON THE BEHALF OF AT&T..

Not a SILV COMM user Mar 10, 2015

on 3/10/15, I received the only bill (I hope) with four monthly charges going back to November 2014. Called SILV Comm and they said there had to be an issue with the phone number entered into their system. I am a private person and the phone number is a residential number. Funny enough, the billing name on my phone bill does not match the name on the bill received from SILV COMM. Cust service also said that they do not directly charge the customers. SO WHY THE KECK DID I GET THE BILL FOR SERVICES I DID NOT REQUEST OR AUTHORIZE!!! Supposedly the account is now taken off their system and no charges are due. WE WILL SEE.

Silv Communications — Slamming

I was contacted by a person that represented himself as a Qwest Representative-He stated that since I wa...

Silv CommunicationsFraudelent charges

Silv Communications fraudelent charged my account for months. They had a recorded of a peron on my job site that stated they had authorization to make changes and they didnt. I am the only one that has authorization. I requested they cancel my account and credit me back and they didnt. They stated they had the right to fraud me and take my money. I am not happy and want to have a class action suit. they have done this to many people.
          Ryan

Silv CommunicationsScam long distance charges

This company is a scam. They changed my service from AT&T without me realizing it and racked up huge charges for domestic calls that were under a minute. Their customer service was shady. No phone number was listed to call them to dispute the charges. They use a third party billing service. When I was transfered to them from the billing service, they hung up on me. First, they use telemarketers to call you and get you to agree to something harmless which involves no fees. Then they record your voice answering yes to a bunch of questions which are spoken so quickly, you can't understand a word of what they are saying. I had no idea I was changing my service from AT&T. This was a total scam.

Silv Communications — Misrepresentation of Company

I was called by a company that told me they had partnered with AT&T to provide me cheaper rates a...

Silv CommunicationsTerrible company

Same experience for me as reported by Pissed. Major nightmare, their representative (whose name I have) claimed to be acting on behalf of AT&T and that he was offering me a less expensive plan. Gave me a confirmation and phone number to call back which was actually an AT&T number. Of course when I called they had no idea what I was talking about and no record of the confirmation number. So until the charges showed up on my bill - two months later - I had no way to confirm anything about the plan.

Was supposed to receive something in writing. Never got it. Was supposed to get a very specific credit on my bill. Never got it, and when I finally got a number to call them they stated they 'never give credits and never heard of such a thing.'

WATCH OUT FOR THESE GUYS!!

• Ea
                  Earl Dail Nov 22, 2010

YES! ABSOLUTELY!
                  My name is Earl Dail, Field & Stream Sports, [protected]
                  New Bern, NC

Have been hoodooed and shunned!! I will join a class action suit against this company.

• Ea
                  Earl Dail Nov 22, 2010

I was mislead by Silv Communications. The phone call in April was a scam. I asked about twenty times of the oriental speaking lady on the other end if she was SURE that she represented CenturyLink. She assured me everytime that she was. Now I realize that I was hoodooed by a company that I had never heard of. The call was from Williams Comm but was portrayed to have been Century Link. Now I see that my long distance communications are provided by WorldComm and I did not authorize that either!!

The corporate people at Silv, except for one lady, have been very arrogant and hard to deal with. A gentleman named Mike Davis should be banned from the communications business. Very, very arrogant and contrary from the start.

I never knowingly switched my long distance service provider. Prior to today I had never heard of Silv Communications. I did NOT knowingly switch my long distance service from CenturyLink. Neither did I switch from Silv to Worldcomm. As far as I knew, we were still covered by Centurylink!

I will join in a class action suit after the way Mr. Mike Davis acted on the phone. I was simply trying to get information and a mutual agreement of resolution! What a jerk!!!

Silv CommunicationsTelephone slamming

Like many of the complaints I read about, my agency also experienced the same scenario. I just got off the phone with a rep from Silv and told her that I would be contacting any and every agency as well as my local TV consumer reporter. AT&T has been extremely helpful. A rep told me that they get these complaints daily and that they are helpless to do anything about it since the FCC allows this to happen.

Has anyone done anything about contacting their state AG office? And if so has any state filed any complaints?

Silv CommunicationsSlamming Long Distance

I received a call in early January 2009 from a woman who said she was with AT&T (my current local and LD provider). She said that they were offering a discount to current customers to keep them because of some new competition. If I wanted the discount on my services I needed to confirm that I wanted it in a recording. I verbally verified with her several times that I would be staying with AT&T and that she was with AT&T.

Fast forward to my next phone bill - which has $180 in charges from SILV COMMUNICATIONS. "Who's that?" I ask myself - and then slap myself on the forehead! Duh. I'm smarter than this... I swear!

I called the customer service number, explain that the person who made the recording lied and told me they were with AT&T and I would remain with AT&T. The service person said that since I am recorded I am up the creek in terms of a refund. I told her to cancel the service and got a confirmation # for that. (I guess they didn't totally lie to me - I still have AT&T long distance AS WELL as the SILV version!)

So I called AT&T customer service, who was very nice and put the charges into dispute for me. I don't have to pay that part of the bill while they are in dispute. We'll have to see how this all works out... she did make note of the fact that they misled me by telling me they were with AT&T. I'll bet that doesn't make AT&T very happy.

• Pa
                      Patti Feb 27, 2009

Charges from USBI appeared on our ATT phone bill. We were told they were from SILV Communications, we contacted Customer Service [protected] and spoke with Mike Davis at SILV Communications, they played a recording of a man we did not know, claiming to be our assistant manager and authorizing service . When I said we do not have an assistant manager, not now, not ever, the owner runs the business himself. Mr. Davis said the service was authorized and they will not give a credit, he was rude, sarcastic, called me a liar then he hung up on me. He made it sound like I was the only one who had ever called with this complaint, but obviously I am one of many across the country who have taken the time to report this online. I called back and asked to speak with Supervisor Laura (ext 100) but she also refused to give us a credit. I will call the FCC and file a complaint [protected]

Jane Mar 26, 2009

I had the very same thing happen to me today. I also fell for it because she keep telling me At&t was merging with her company and all I would see was my long distance charges would be less. I called At&t and they told me the information she gave me was wrong. I then call the contact number for Silv and a person there took me off their service and gave me a confirmation number. I then called At&T and had the slamming protection put on the phone line. I should have never fallen for their line.

• So
                      So Wrong Sep 14, 2009

Wow! The same thing happened to me, I've already written a complaint letter.I talked to the same guy Mike Davis and Rebecca Smith. Both were completely unprofessional--raising voices, yelling over me--very hostile. Will file complaint with FCC.

Silv CommunicationsFraud and scam

I received a call from a man claiming to be Verizon, offering me a substantial discount on my business long distance. Funny, he didn't know all of my current phone numbers: strike one.

I repeatedly asked him if he was from Verizon and he said 'trust me, I am from Verizon and I'm calling to save you money' -- high-pressure, so that was strike two. I decided to entertain myself by hearing him out.

I told him emphatically that I did NOT want my long distance provider to change, that I wanted no changes made to my account. He asked me a few questions, such as my name, and if I wanted to save money on my long distance. I said 'yes, of course, but again I DO NOT want any changes made to my account.' He assured me again ('trust me') that no changes would be made. Strike 3, good bye.

Fast forward 2 months and I receive a bill with two full months of charges from these companies. I was livid, so I called today to find out how this happened. I was told that somebody with my name had authorized the switch. She then proceeded to play a recording to me, supposedly of the conversation of two months ago.

Here's the kicker that sent me over the top: indeed I did hear my voice say 'Yes': about 12 times, to all kinds of terms and conditions which were never read to me. The recording was OBVIOUSLY copied, cut, pasted, and dubbed using my voice, and the 'Yes' I heard over and over and over was the same exact 'Yes' simply inserted at the appropriate points. I was beside myself!

I accused them of fraud, and threatened legal action only to be transferred to the 'supervisor' named Laura (x100) who told me that if I pursue legal action the charges will not be reversed. I told her to reverse the charges immediately, she agreed, and I hung up, fuming.

I've seen my share of fraud and scams in my day, but this takes the cake. It's insulting to me and it's insulting to the phone industry. And there's nothing like hearing your voice edited to say something you've never actually said. Did I mention I am LIVID?!?

• Re
                        Redman Jul 07, 2009

Deport SK Golam Ahia NOW. Go back to Bangladesh you thief.

• Jr
                        jreed1949 Jul 27, 2010

This is exactly how their scam works. They ask you a bunch of irrelevant questions and your answers are dubbed into another recording. These criminals need to be the target of the FCC and phone companies like Qwest that pass through this third party billing with no regard as to its validity are just as culpable and need to be a part of any such class action lawsuit. I review all phone bills monthly for all of our entities -- over 100 total -- and constantly fight this battle. A movement needs to be started to initiate class action lawsuits against these crooks.

• Jr
                        jreed1949 Jul 27, 2010

And another interesting tidbit. While they use a supposed recording to validate their charges, tell them you are recording the conversation when you call them to have the charges removed and see what happens.

• Ri
                        Ricky jose May 24, 2011

This is Absolutely True and these bunch of ###s also run another scam process named as computech123 where you will be charged $29.99 every month without your knowledge. By calling to customer service you can cancel the svc which gets activated without your knowledge but the customer svc people will say that they have the recording where you claim to activate the svc...This is a pure scam...

Silv CommunicationsPosing as AT&T and offering lower rates for local and long distance service

Silv Communication posed as AT&T stating they will lower your bill fo local and long distance calling. I admit it, I fell for the scam and did a phone recording of me agreeing to some terms. I just don't know how they got my information and how AT&T allowed them to charge this on my phone bill.

I talked to Silv Communication (USBI shows up on my bill) and they pretty much know that they scammed you and the operator also knows about the complaints. They just offered to cancell my subscription immediately without any refunds of previous bills.

I called AT&T and they also know about USBI, but they said there's nothing they can do about it. I have to settle this with Silv Communication (or USBI) myself. I can't even file a complaint about Silv Communication through AT&T (even though they admit it's one of their partners). The operator knows that I pretty much have been scammed and can't really do anything about it. She did advise me to check back on a later date to see if Silv Communication (USBI) really did cancel my service since it was still showing up in AT&T's system.

What can I do? I've been scammed and AT&T knows, USBI knows, Silv Communication knows. Any ideas?

• Ns
                          nshah Dec 12, 2008

I just had a similar experience, "Att Rep" called and asked if they can credit the account. I was taken off guard b/c the real att was suppose to give me credit for over charging me. After reading this post, i called Att right afterward trying to confirm the conversation but they were not aware of the credit/price reduction. I asked them not to make any changes to my account. So I guess Ill have to wait and see...cant believe i fell for this Bu*(*&*&6 dammit!

• Ne
                          Nelly Jan 27, 2009

I experienced the same thing wtih SILV posing as AT&T! AT&T attempted to return the charges to USBI but the following month the charges showed up again as AT&T does not have control over USBI billing. AT&T advised me this is common and that to stop these people we all need to file "slamming complaints" with the DCC. Mail your complaint to

Consumer Affairs
                          Attn: Slamming Complaints
                          505 Van Ness Ave.
                          San Francisco, CA 94102

(You will need to include all names, description of what happened and copies of your bills).

Here is my letter to them...

Attn: Consumer Affairs / Slamming Complaints

To Whom It May Concern,
                          I have a complaint to file against SILV Communication & USBI. SILV Communication switched my long distance carrier from AT&T under FALSE PRETENCES. Here are the facts supporting my complaint:

1. I have been an AT&T business and residential customer for several years and would not allow a change to my long distance carrier.

2. I received a phone call from SILV Communication CLAIMING THEY WERE AT&T. This is an illegal representation as they were posing as a company they are not. They indicated they were contacting me for a review of my current plan in order to save me money. I specifically asked if they were AT&T and the answer was “yes, this is AT&T”.

3. When I received my 12/17/08 billing statement from AT&T the amount due was exorbenent. I also then noticed a new charge from USBI who handles the 3rd party billing for SILV Communication.

4. On 01/07/09 I contacted USBI and they indicated that I approved the switch of my long distance carrier from AT&T. I advised them that was not the case as whomever contacted me posed as AT&T. USBI transferred me to SILV Communication where the customer service was extremely rude and unwilling to reverse the charges. The manager whom I spoke with, Laura Rivas, even advised me that she was going to make a note on the account to not allow anyone to credit my account. I cancelled the service with SILV Communication (Confo # DS010709L911).

5. On the same day, 01/07/09, I also contacted AT&T and they re-established my long distance service with them. AT&T advised me that they would try to send the charges back to SILV Communication but there was no guarantee that SILV would not bill me direct.

6. On 01/27/09 I received my January 17th billing statement from AT&T and the December charge from USBI / SILV Communication was still reflecting on the bill. I contacted SILV Communication and they indicated that the charge was still my responsibility. Therefore I am making this official complaint.

Please help me to rectify this situation and reverse the $37.34 fee applied by USBI / SILV Communication. I have attached my December & January billing statements. My contact information is below. Thank you for your assistance and response to this matter.

• Hf
                          HFG May 29, 2009

I filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission of Texas describing the same thing. I received a letter today from them siding with Silv Communications. They said I did agree to change my LD service, which I did not! I also told them I repeatedly asked them if they were from AT&T and the answer was yes, the number on my caller ID was unkown. I wasted my time with the PUC ( they must be getting kick backs), I have sent a letter of complaint to the BBB and will follow up with the . Maybe they can get something done.

• Cy
                          Cyrus Laali Sep 08, 2009

They are crooks!! Luckily I caught it after one bill. They wouldn't give me the charges back and neither could AT&T but at least I canceled with them.

• Ei
                          Eileen916 Mar 15, 2010

I was "scammed" by them too. My ATT Rep said I should file a formal complaint with the FCC. She said to Google FCC complaints and the form would come right up. She says that they are not allowed to block them unless the consumer specifically calls and asks for a "third party block" so other companies can not bill on their bill. She says she has to deal with what these companies do an a daily basis but there is not much they can do because they have so many customers, and what those companies do by offering services is not illegal. What is illegal is that they say they are ATT. So they need as many people as possible to complain to the FCC to get these companies shut down, and hopefully their tactics illegal. I filled them out for both companies on my bill.

javalin Oct 20, 2011

This company is owned/operated by a foreigner in Bangladesh. According to the domain name registry for silvcom.net:

The Rush Host
                          Shamim Ahmed ([protected]@hotmail.com)
                          A-10, Shamoli Housing (2nd Project), Mohammadpur
                          Dhaka
                          null, 1207
                          BD
                          Tel. +880.[protected]

This may not help much since this person may only be a tech person.

Silv Communications — Billing for services never requested

these people from Silv Communications are billing me for services I never requested, approved or otherwise...