Verizon Communications

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 by

fios internet

We decided to sign up for Fios internet because we were frustrated with Comcast. We didn't realize at the time that they didn't have fiber-optics set up in our area, so it just ended up being crappy wifi and we cancelled in less than a week. They told us over the phone not to worry about it, and that they wouldn't charge us since we had cancelled within 30 days. We never got a bill, either, so we believed them.

Fast forward 5 months and we got a bill from a collections agency for nearly $200 on behalf of Fios. We immediately called Fios again to find out what was going on. They told us they had no idea what collections was talking about, and that we didn't owe anything. So we left it with the letter of dispute and the collections agency never contacted us again.

Fast forward 4 months, we get another letter from a DIFFERENT collections agency. I assumed the first agency had sold our account to a different agency. I send another letter of dispute. Then, just to be sure, I contacted Fios again, mostly because I wanted it on record that I had called. This time, Fios said that we DID owe money. That most likely because the collections agency owned our account before, that's why it didn't show up in their system the first time (which is total BS). She decreased the amount we owed, since we had returned the equipment (which hadn't showed up on our bill) but still charged me over $100 for terrible internet that didn't work.

I am severely disappointed. I had hoped that Verizon would be a better company than Comcast--I have heard good things from other customers. When originally they told us we didn't owe, I was so happy we decided that as soon as we moved into an area with good Fios (or they upgraded our area) we would switch immediately. Now, I'm definitely not. Comcast may over charge and have terrible service, but they've never billed us for money we didn't owe and forced us to pay (or it affects our credit score and sanity).
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree