Verizon / verizon is charging me for a service that I didn't request!

1 United States

Was charged fees for broadband (Verizon) which I did NOT order. Verizon messed up my dial-up Internet service with AOL and regular phone line as well.

I was forced to use a public phone and was put on hold every time I stated that I wanted the broadband charges removed. Emailing Verizon was futile as well, since it is automatic --- you get a general vague reply and no help whatsoever.

I also filed an online complaint against Verizon to the Board of Public Utilities. Haven't heard from them yet.

Verizon never fixed a static problem in my phone line and when I requested help, they sent a technician who stared at the box at my house for a few minutes before taking off. Verizon then tried to charge me 91 dollars for that little visit. I kept refusing to pay. I also kept complaining about it and eventually the charge was removed.

My advice is NEVER pay anything that you did not specifically ask for! Just pay the regular bill and ignore Verizon. If you pay for anything that you did not request, you can kiss that money good-bye right now.

Ol