Vacation Reservation Center / Waste of time and money

I had a call from Vacation Reservation Center giving away vacations package for $350, Orlando, Bahamas and Williamsburg, with refund of $100 in each place, condition; attending 1 hour time share meeting. We attended one in Orlando, it was more than 3 hours including waiting and we booked to stop in Williamsburg on the return trip.

After this pressure sales meeting in Orlando we decided to cancel the meeting in Williamsburg, cancellation charged another $50. Don't fell for this promised vacation, it is costly and unpleasant experience.

Va

Comments

• Wo
      6th of Aug, 2008

Vacation Reservations Center and their parent site TNTResorts.com are classic scam artists. They tell you anything on phone to get credit card and book you. Then when you arrive the deal changes often resulting in them rejecting your promotion tour and you getting changed a $200 penalty plus supposed cost of the retail motel package. They slip the penalty and extra charge on your credit car a couple months later. I got charged extra $384 due to this. So it cost me $242/night to stay in a $100 Fairfield Inn in Wmbg. Emails to their Customer Service go unanswered. Avoid their come ons! I'll try to protest charge with credit card company and file complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

27th of Oct, 2008

I navigated through TNTRESORTS.COM and found some amazing rates. I thought it was a scam when i saw the prices, but when i called in they told me what i had to do. All i had to do was give a resort 90-120 minutes of me and my husbands time and i got an amazing rate. So maybe you lied on your qualifications or something to that effect, but my husband, my grandson and i had a wonderful time in Orlando. The extra money i saved went towards these High gas prices their coming up with! So if you don't mind giving 90 minutes out of one day, i highly recommend this site because their prices can't be beat.

• Li
      7th of Nov, 2008

I made a reservation with TNT Resorts earlier this week. My husband and I had to make a one day change in our reservation and that's when the trouble started. I have spent four hours on the phone trying to make the change. I finally talked with a woman who was making the changes and was disconnected twice. The third time I called I was put in touch with a VERY NASTY woman who verbally abused me, wouldn't allow me to speak, talked over me, etc. Because of the one day change in arrival date, our reservation was moved from a very nice resort to a shabby motel with terrible ratings and are being charged the same amount of money for it. When I tried to protest the motel, the customer service woman went berzerk on me and told me I was lucky they didn't charge me more for their trouble.

If you haven't involved yourself with this organization, DON'T! Because of the way I have been talked to, I am not looking forward to my vacation. I just hope this situation doesn't get worse.

• Li
      16th of Nov, 2008

As a follow-up, I have filed a complaint with the Norfolk, VA Better Business Bureau as well as the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection division. I suggest anyone who has been ripped off to do the same. Good Luck!