Menu
Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International
reviews & complaints

myuvci.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 38 Reviews

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Complaints Summary

19 Resolved
19 Unresolved
Our verdict: While Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International has an above-average resolution rate, there’s room for improvement. Investigate common issues reported by customers and understand how they were resolved. Be prepared to follow up on your queries if needed, and keep detailed records of all interactions.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International reviews & complaints 38

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International reviews & complaints

G
8:48 am EST

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Flyback Program

We upgraded our UVC membership to access the World of Hyatt. One of the mentioned "benefits" is the Flyback program. After reading the details on my return home, it was totally mis-represented to us. First, we were told it was included. It is not included. It costs $1799 plus tax per certificate. Then it cannot be used for a year. It also cannot be used for any travel to World of Hyatt sites - it is ONLY for AMR resorts.

This part of the membership program is a ripoff. No one should buy into this. I can't believe UVC and Hyatt support this scam.

5:33 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International uvc membership - automatic upgrades, discounted prices for vacations at amc sites, preferred rooms

My boyfriend and I signed up for a "White Pearl" UVC Membership last June 2021.

During the convoluted, high pressure, sales meeting, we were verbally promised things that after paying $6,000 down with $5,000 left to pay, that were simply not true. Later when asked about those promises while trying to book a stay at Secrets the Vine in Cancun, we were told NO and denied automatic Preferred statice and the 25% discount if we could find the same vacation priced lower than what they were offering. In the sales meeting, we were asked if we always booked "Preferred" we said "yes" and that option was very important to us. They said "no problem" and that just by signing up, we would automatically get "Preferred" level in any booking. Not true. When I found the exact same vacation package on Priceline for lower, I sent them proof from Priceline and they came back saying that the price on Priceline can not say VIP on the quote. That they will not match and then give a 25% discount (as promised verbally and stated in the contract) a price quote from a company that I am a member of or have VIP statice with. Hello? There is no membership with Priceline! Priceline automatically gives me a VIP/ escalated discount on hotel bookings because I have used them a lot. Not for ANY OTHER REASON. I do not pay Priceline a membership fee or an upgrade fee. They just automatically give me a higher discount rate. It says absolutely NOTHING in the contract about UVC's inability to match the Priceline quote and then give the 25% discount on top of that if a VIP price is quoted from Priceline. That was our main incentive to sign up with UVC and pay them $7,000 so far, and for a service we have NEVER used. Not once. Not even extra services such as transportation Ect. We ended up going with the Priceline quote because it was $300 hundred dollars cheaper and when I tried to talk with a UVC sales manager while staying at the same place we signed up, the sales manager was a complete jerk. He was arrogant and rude and acted like we were bothering him. Never even made eye contact with us. Nothing got resolved or has ever been resolved. We want our money back. $7,000 thousand dollars is a lot of money to give someone without getting anything in return. I mean NOTHING. What do we do? I have been slow to start this process because I am unaware of who to contact and because the contract is under Panamanian law. So frustrating.

Desired outcome: Complete refund.

View 0 more photos
6:22 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Membership

Beware don't join the club it's truly misleading and free days are never available as per my contract, empty promises on pricing and air! My wife is in social media and plans to campaign this! Total rip off we tried to book and seems they never have the space unless we upgrade I wanted to use my free days for my daughter and not available but if we paid they would be huge mistake with this place stay away!

Hide full review

Is Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International legit?

Our verdict: Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International earns 98% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International achives 98% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International. The company provides a physical address, 8 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Myuvci.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Myuvci.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the myuvci.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
2:04 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Maintenance rip off, Mexican location is no longer desirable for me.

Every year I ask if my maintenance fee can be prorated and paid monthly and it's fine at beginning and then whammo, it stops and I get charged the fee and a fine. Now of course, with Covid, being my age of 72 and respiratory problems I can't go anywhere, especially since I came home from Cabo the last time with Pneumonia. I asked if I could sell my timeshare and they claim that I can only surrender. I am supposed to be able to trade with Interval and the whole system is confusing and expensive. I am better off without any timeshare and if I am lucky enough to travel in the future then I will do on my own.

Desired outcome: Willing to sell for what I owe.

3:26 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International reservations/accounting/deposits/supervisors

1) I have found it virtually impossible to make reservations in any type of reasonable fahsion and timeframe. I have a number of accounts and the typical agent has little/no/incorrect ability to understand how they work - any type of "complex" transaction (borrowing, more than 7 night duration, using more than one account for a week + stay) is a time consuming and error ridden disaster. I have to hang up and call back multiple times to get the one or two agents in the call center who actually have a clue as to the system.

2) Every single year I receive erroroneous accouting bills where prior payments have mysteriously "disappeared" and I am told that they never received them and late fees apply. Are you kidding me? They seriously try to tell me year after year that when I borrowed a week, made a reservation with it and used it I was never charged. Really? Have you ever in your life received a confirmation from these people without paying for it? I have to spend hours arguing and attempting to find someone who can actually understand the issue, do an audit and (sometimes) correct the problem.

3) So we are supposed to be able to deposit our weeks with an exchange company if we wish - right? Think again. This week I was told that even though there was plenty of space for me to book 2 unused 2019 weeks late in the year, if I did so and tried to bank them with RCI they would reject it. HUH?! Yes, they only would "approve" late deposit/low trading power September weeks. How can this possibly be legal/legitimate? These are my weeks - I should be able to use or deposit them as I see fit. Of course they would be more than happy to have me pay them to bank them with UVC instead... I was so desperate that I said fine and took September reservations and deposited them with RCI - and UVC still rejected the deposits. So more time consuming arguments and phone calls to come.

4) In numerous occasions dealing with all of the above I have asked to speak to a supervisor when it is clear that the phone rep is comepletly inept and unable to even understand my issue. I am told each time that a supervisor will call me back. And they never do. Not even once...

I want to surrender these cotracts as it is virtually impossible to use them. Short of hiring a lawyer to argue the obvious (that their complete ineptitude voids the contract) is there any way to negotiate out of the exit fees? I cannot in good faith even attempt to give these things away to anyone else. I just want out.

A
2:26 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Deceptive selling practices

On April 2015 as I was vacationing to Villa Del Mar in Pueto Vallarta, I attended a timeshare presentation at Villa Del Mar Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta.

I was told I could use my Maine timeshare as part of my down payment for the Nuevo Vallarta property. After a “free” breakfast and countless mimosas, I was swayed into doing just that. Since the value of the exchange was not enough, I was convinced me to put the rest of the down payment by taking an Interval International Bank of America credit card for the sum of $ 3, 957.50.
I was given directions on how to proceed to get my timeshare in Maine transferred to them by going through their transfer company called Value Traders on May 14, 2015 at the tune of $ 695.00 transfer fee. I was given all the forms including a Power of Attorney to make the transfer.
Unfortunately I discovered all this is a big scam. The Power of Attorney allows this company to say they are taking over the property, but they try to get out of paying the maintenance fee for the property. As a result I went back and forth for months between my timeshare company in Maine and Value Traders trying to figure out how my timeshare in Maine could be transferred using the Maine timeshare process. I told Value Traders what the problem was and I asked them repeatedly to get in touch with my timeshare company in Maine to see what could be done. Value Traders NEVER attempted to get in touch with them and they hounded me with their process request which did not match my Maine company process. It was getting very clear to me that’s what they do; getting out of paying maintenance fees for timeshare they“buy” or “trade”.
During those months I was paying my Bank of America Interval International card until it became very clear that this transfer would not happen. After 9 months of paying, I stopped paying my Bank of America credit card bill after several months of trying to resolve the matter.
I called Bank of America several times to explain and I was told it was too late. This has a time limitation to complain. I sent a whole bunch of documentation; including all my emails to prove what I was saying; to no avail.

I complained to Value Traders over and over to get reimbursed for my transfer fee. I did not get anywhere until I told them that I knew I probably would never get my $ 695.00 back, but I would make my life goal to write about my experience to warn future customers of what happened. I guess that did it and it proves it is a scam. They offered to reimburse my fee in exchange for a letter promising I would not talk about my experience on any website. I did write the letter and received my refund.
I wrote to UVC International located in Las Vegas location in early August 2016, but to this day have not received an answer. I sent them another email recently asking to mediate this before I try to sue them in small claim court.
My credit score was excellent and it has been downgraded as a result.
Don't buy from them. They lie!

T
7:41 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Villa del Palmar timeshare HORROR

Like most people coming to Mexico we were hounded by multiple people who wanted me to watch a timeshare. We were on our honeymoon and just wanted to get to our hotel so we agreed to get it over with. We left the next day to the Flamingos location, there we were greeted by the sales team. Once met the team bombarded us with sales pitch after sales pitch. Finally beaten and tired we agreed. The Contract amount was small a little over $7500 plus interest. We went home and thought this isn't for us and we should cancel, when we arrived back at flamingos we were told we would lose our deposit and that the timeshare is non negotiable. Learning today that was a LIE, we had 5 days according to (NOM-029-SCFI-2010) of the Mexican consumer protection clause.

My rights were violated and still I continued with the timeshare, I have even used the product but come to find out the payment plan is not what was agreed upon. Being changed more then 50% interest when the total due after the 15 year contract was roughly $7900. After two year enough was enough of being robbed. In the contract it stated if I chose to default I would lose the timeshare and would no longer be required for payment. Now I am being harassed to pay when the contract clearly stated I would no longer have to.

This has been a nightmare from the start. Lie after Lie and now this nonsense.

My rights have been violated and still are being violated, I have reached out to PROFECO, and awaiting information from them. I loved Mexico and the people who I have meet. Its the timeshare people who have ruined this experience for me. I may never go back.

Hope this keeps people from wanting to purchase a timeshare from these crooks!

J
4:15 pm EST

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Rip off

I purchased a biennial timeshare from Villa Group (Villa del Arco) with a lot of promises. Bottom line: its a complete ripoff. We are unable to use the timeshare, unable to exchange, unable to do anything. Two years now and we are not able to use it -- either units aren't available, points can be used a certain way.. Bottom line: we are ripped off for $10, 000 and staff is totally unhelpful. They tell us that "in the contract is says you can't do this, do that, etc, etc".. Owning at Villa Group is everything you do not want a time share to be: inflexible, expensive, poor customer service, etc.. I am writing this with the hope that someone with some decision-making authority can assist, because this is the worst vacation timeshare company ever.

R
11:48 am EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International additional fees

We have had this time share for seven years. Due to aging parents, we have been unable to use our weeks consistently for the last couple years and have put unused weeks into their bank. This year we missed the deadline, a deadline we didn't even know about, to bank our weeks free and now to keep them, we have to pay $70 for each week, even the weeks put into the bank in prior years. I have received two emails in the last week to bank this time for the fee but received no emails at all as notice that the free banking period was ending.
Another thing: We paid $13, 000 for our off season week and now pay $627 a year for that week. Take a look at any hotel booking site and you will be able to get seven nights at this resort for pretty much the same cost as our yearly dues.
We like this resort. We are sorry we haven't gotten to go every year. But buying into this resort, and probably any other Universal timeshare is a huge waste of money and you must be prepared to pay lots of extra charges and put up with yearly attacks by salespersons during your stay.

C
11:53 am EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Illegal paperwork

I visited the Villa Group's Flamingos location in Nuevo Vallarta to undergo a presentation as the company claimed they had changed their product and fired all the criminal sales staff. I had done a presentation there a few years ago and was conned by a pair of lying con-men Jimmy Munoz and Gareth Jones. The membership paperwork was written in a confusing, illogical fashion and when I realized I'd been lied to I tried to cancel. What a hassle. para x says contract may be rescinded while para p says no refunds. None of their paperwork was "legal" by U.S, standards and I evenutually got my money back but with a lot of hard feelings. However, it IS a nice resort and when the airport shill said that everything had changed at the property I decided to give them a second chance at my business.
First person I see at the reception was Jimmy Munoz, now a manager. I was taken to the sales room and who was in charge? Gareth Jones. Sure, the program has changed to the benefit of the Villa Group but the same crooks not only hang out there but now run the place. They still play the same fake price game then drop it under false pretences or find a "foreclosure" that has $50, 000 of equity you can buy for $25, 000 and sell it in two years for $75, 000. Absolute, total B/S. Avoid the Villa Group/Universal Vacation Club at any of their locations - Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallara, Cancun, Cabo and now Loreto as each one is run by a cartel of thieves and liars from top management down.

Read full review of Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International and 1 comment

1 comment
Michael Quick
, US
Nov 30, 2015 3:18 pm EST

Gareth Jones is a liar and a thief. He pulled the same crap on us.

N
11:38 pm EST

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Lies of Salseman

Back in 1987, while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, My wife and I encountered a salesman for UVC while looking for a tour operator. What ensued was a very slick presentation and high pressure pitch by a professional con artist. Were I as wise then as I am now I would have vacated immediately. However I can't go back. The salesman worked us for so long and convinced us that it was such a great deal to buy into the time share in PV at a place called "Villa Del Mar. We finally agreed and signed up. The thing that convinced us was the statement by the con artist that "after 30 years the resort must be sold by the company and at that time you will get a share of the sales price comparable to the value of the week you buy". We handed over a pile of money and received a large pile of documents (who pours over that stuff while on vacation?) After 25 years of paying higher and higher fees the final date arrived, 12/31/2011. So I called the member services folks to find out what happens next. The woman on the other end of the phone says, " our relationship with you ended on 12/31/2012, have a nice day.". WTF! Anyone out there avoid these ripoffs at all costs, Read the fine print!. Get out of any agreement with them. If you work for UVC and read this I have one suggestion, Move to Death Valley so you can get used to very hot weather, some day you will be judged and where you are going in the end is very hot!

L
9:32 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Maintenance Fees Posting

I called UVC today 6/1/11 in order to deposit a week from a previous year that we had banked. I was advised that because our quarterly maintenance fee had not posted yet, I could not do anything with my account. I had proof from my bank that the payment was made but they would not accept it and had to wait until it posted. Mind you, we were coming off a long holiday weekend and the payment due date showing online was today. It is ridiculous that I was not able to deposit a week from a prior year that I had already paid for and that I have to be at the mercy when their maintenance department gets to the payments. I was told to call back tomorrow...why so I can hold for another 1/2 hour! This company doesn't care about their customers because it is a revolving door and once you are in it, it's hard to get out. We have not gotten our money's worth as the exchange program availability is a joke. There is never anything available even up to a year in advance!

1 comment
V
V
vegasjon
Henderson, US
Jun 10, 2014 12:05 pm EDT

I have been unable to make a reservaion with my Gold membership for years for the dates I had available. As a non-member/owner, I can go to hotel.com and get ANY room I wanted for ANY week for $12.00 more than my annual maintenance fee. There seems to be no benefit to buy a membership or pay a maintenance fee. I would love for someone from the company to contct me to discuss.

G
3:00 am EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International salesperson lie's

In Oct 2010 we had an "update" meeting with Rod Lynch, Villa Del Palmer salesperson. We wanted to lower our maint fees and to consolidate our 2 contracts. No problem--we could consolidate our contracts and our maint fee for both would be 1688.00 a year. This little moved cost us 13000. When we returned home we found out that we could not consolidate the 2 contracts and the maint fee of 1688 was for only for 1 contract. No one will return phone calls, no one will acknowledge there is a problem--I refuse to pay the maint fees that are now higher then before. I am at the point to contact our credit card company and have the money refunded. Has anyone else had this problem?e

4:53 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Deceptive / fraudulent sales tactics

Below is a letter sent to the management of The Villa Group, a letter received (USPS tracking confirmed) by the company last week (March 14, 2011). This followed an earlier email requesting our deposit back. To date, we have received no response from the Company. Despite their unsigned messages on the internet to the contrary, it is apparent they neither contact you nor wish to work with you.

When trying to contact them, be aware of a trail of old phone numbers that no longer work. These companies are all under one management, and all located at the same address. Here is the current information:

UVC / Reh Villa Group / Bobkis Marketing, ResortCom International
404 Camino del Rio South
Fourth Floor
San Diego, CA 92108 Toll Free [protected] Direct([protected] Fax([protected]

Below is our last letter which has gone unanswered:

To: Corporate structure: UVC (Universal Vacation Club) Owners
Association, The Villa Group, Robkis Marketing, ResortCom International, (All in the same address in San Diego, CA) Constructora Los Arcos del Cabo S A De C V.

To: Management: Fernando Gonzalez Corona – President, Owen
Perry – Partner, Robert Kistner – Vice President, Jose Luis Banuelos – CFO, Alejandro
De La Garza – Corporate Director of Sales and Marketing, Ricardo Orozco –

Douglas XXXXX

Acct number xxxxx, Requested return of full Deposit

March 11, 2011

To all the above:

Based on deceptive and fraudulent sales practices by the trained sales agents at the Villa del Arco on February 27th of this year, practices that caused us to purchase a timeshare based on false and purposefully misleading information, we require our deposit back. Fraud / deceptive practices occurred when your trained sales agents purposefully misled us about:

• The 5 day cooling off period - well documented in many other complaints on various internet sites. The Salesman told us that, under Mexican contract law, we could not get our $ back if we signed the contract, and the high pressure sales effort, sprinkled with other serious mis-information, caused us to sign. His statement was not true - there is a clause in small print on the back of the contract that directly refutes the salesman's words. But his lies directly resulted in our not reviewing the contract until we got back home. When we did investigate the company via the internet, we were astounded by the extraordinary number of people who have had the same lies given to them.

• availability of properties (we were told all units all are available to time share customers at all times. Well, no, only 35% are available for timeshare customers at any time. This then begs the question - can we get a room? We have found out that rarely can you make a reservation under two years in advance, which means we can not actually use our own timeshare in the winter months for at least 2 years from the date we signed - most likely more. (I believe this will certainly become more problematic as they continue to sell timeshare slots).

• specifics about the ownership of the Villa del Arco (For example, Doug - our company trained salesman, touted The Villa Group as a listed company that owned Travelocity – to ease our concerns about dealing with a local group. This is, of course, untrue.

• we will have strong trade up potential from our studio to a 1 bedroom (well, no, there is very little availability in the winter (the season we paid for) and 0% trade up capability.

. We could cancel any time within 30 days after signing, but we would lose our deposit. (We have not heard a word from management yet.)

and many other deceits...

Absent the lies regarding the 5 day cool-off period, we would have uncovered the many, many other people that warn against dealing with this company, and about the many others that were lied to. With that understanding, we would have asked for our deposit back immediately. Instead, we waited until we returned home (7 days). That is the purpose of the cool-off period, and that is the reason your agents are trained to deceive the customers.

Fraudulent behavior grants the seller no rights. Based on the many, many stories highlighted on the internet, this is your normal behavior - and we are now one of those stories.

Please respond immediately with the return of our deposit. All the above addresses are receiving this same letter, and we will post this to the internet sites in 1 week to let others know of our experience. This is not a threat - simply a listing our our next actions brought about by your own deciet.

Below is a short list of links where you will find others who have been similarly deceived (I know this is not news to management, but others who read it will be interested).

To the management: I recommend your hasty retreat from an operation where a significant percentage of your revenue flow comes from tricking buyers. These schemes usually do not last long, they are ill gotten gains, are supported by illegal practices, and often lead to undesired endings for those involved. No matter how convoluted your organization structure, it is built upon an unsustainable foundation. I will go away with the return of our deposit, others may not. This is not a threat, all you need to do is listen to the growing outrage on the internet.

Regards,

Bob XXX

Other “satisfied” customer experiences - with exact or similar fraudulent tales as discussed above:

/link removed/

and many, many more….

This letter currently remains unanswered. Unlike others, I have a pretty good recording of the salesman's pitch which may be helpful as a lever to get our $ back.

Anyone with information - and that includes the management team at The Villa group et. al - which can support my effort, please come forward. I made a bad decision, but that decision was based on fraudulent claims, and I very much regret ever going to this resort. I suspect I will not receive an answer, that I will get billed common charges next month, and when these go unpaid, will have my credit rating attacked.

Read full review of Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International and 2 comments
2 comments
Dlafebre
Salinas, US
Oct 05, 2013 5:05 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bob, file a complaint with PROFECO. It is the mexican consumer agency. I am in the process now. Villa Del Arco, refused to give us our refund also. We changed our mind and we were within the 5 day period.

Sussi
Laredo, US
Apr 22, 2011 6:04 pm EDT

How can all of us get together to file a class action lawsuit against this company?

L
9:20 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Scam Fraud TImeshare Promises

I am writing in regards to my time share contract with Resort Communications International for the Villa Del Arco property in Los Cabos Mexico. My boyfriend and I toured the property in July 2010. We were impressed with the grounds and the time share opportunity and decided to purchase. We were told that there were two properties Arco and Palamar that we could choose to stay at, but our time share was with the newer property Arco. However should Arco be booked we could stay at the Palamar and still be able to use Arco’s amenities, the pools and gym. We were ok if there was overflow that we stay at Palamar as long as we could use the pools and gym at Arco since they were newer and much nicer. Also, Palamar caters to children, and we do not have any.

I was excited to book our first stay, but first was a bit shocked to find out Arco is booked all the way through August. I find that hard to believe since this isn’t the high season. Further, I can book a room outside of my timeshare. We were told we’d have priority since we were time share owners. It’s a bit disconcerting that we cannot book at Arco.

Secondly, when I accepted a booking at Palamar I was told we cannot use the facilities, the gym or pools at Arco. This again is a VERY contradicting statement from what we were told when we purchased. Had we known this, we would not have purchased the time share, as Palamar’s gym is subpar to Arco.

Lastly, it’s extremely frustrating trying to reach anyone at Resort Com. They are often rude, unknowledgeable and transfer you to the wrong phone number. When I asked to speak to someone about my contract they transferred me to Panasonic. Very odd.

I am beyond frustrated, and am at the breaking point of taking legal action. I’ve been searching the internet and have discovered I am not the only one with these problems I found another gentleman’s post who is having the same exact problem I am having ID: DBlake dated January 17, 2009. This is very concerning as are the other numerous reports against this company.

I am happy to maintain our time share as long as we were given what was promised. An honest answer whether Arco is truly booked (which I don’t believe it is) and if it should be booked (as I know it may truly be in the future if we book short notice), that we are able to use the facilities at either hotel without an issue. Otherwise, it is fraud (bait and switch) from what we were promised and agreed to purchase at the time share presentation and I want a full refund.

Read full review of Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International and 3 comments
3 comments
eugeniia
eugeniia
Dallas, US
Nov 18, 2014 1:32 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Timeshare fraud has been around since the timeshare idea was created, but they increase during poor economy. When times are difficult, timeshare owners are stuck with properties they can´t travel to or even afford. Desperate to recoup some money to pay for bills, they can easily become victims to scams artists pretending to be their timeshare salvation who will take upfront fees -as much as five number figures in some cases- but fail to fulfill their promise. http://www.timesharescam.com/

H
H
hans09
Feb 05, 2012 10:36 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In 2009 I traded my timeshare in Cancun (2 weeks in September) for a timeshare at Flamingos at Puerto Vallarta. I never went back. Now I am interested to book two weeks in the summer of 2012 and found out that my so called delux apartment was only available for one week. With the trade in I almost paid 70K. San Diego BBB cannot help. Any suggestions?
hhedfeld@gmail.com

Bobmex
, MX
Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have sent the following email to resortcom and the don't seem to want to answer.
Dear sir

We have just returned from a weeks vacation at the Avalon Acapulco.
Our previous vacations in the hotel had been reasonably ok. We had stayed in suites facing the sea and in a good sized suite.

This time we were shunted into the back of the hotel facing inland, not onto the beach.
These rooms are rented for less than half the cost of the rooms at the front.

We were informed that all the suites were taken by associates that had superior contracts to ours.
Also there were people moving in and out of the sea facing suites during the week. As our contract states we can only enter the hotel on a saturday this was also rather strange.

We feel somewhat cheated this vacation, as we are paying maintenance and thousands of dollars in order to be associates.

In conclusion I can only assume that there is a superior contract to platino or the hotel is letting the sea facing rooms out to non associate customers in order to make more money.

Could you please explain to me what is going on.

J
10:55 am EST

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Won't cancel contract

Don't get involved with this company. It is a scam and they won't let you out of your contract. I have emailed them, called them, faxed in requests to cancel my contract and I still get bills from them. I paid up my maintenenace fees last year and was told that satisfied my obligation to them and now I am getting maintenenace fee bills again. I called and was told I could cancel, as long as a paid a partial maintenenace fee (for a week that hasn't even happened yet).

I have paid up yet again what they tell me I owe and supposedly that will be it.

This company is way more trouble than it is worth. If you are thinking of getting involved, DON"T!

Y
11:26 pm EST

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International vacation unit availability- a breech of contract

On March 28, 2008, my two daughters and I attended a timeshare presentation for properties at Villa Del Palmar and Villa Del Arco. Robert Mabon was our sales representative. I decided to purchase a one bedroom unit after hearing about all the wonderful amenities and ease of exchange. The following day, after a restless night, I returned to say I had made a mistake. I should not have purchased the property without the knowledge and approval of my husband who was not traveling with us. I was crying and upset and asked to have my contract revoked due to buyers remorse. Robert Mabon tried to have me reconsider. I was inconsolable and asked to be able to forfeit the miniscule amount of money that was unrefundable and be free of the constraints of the contract. Mr. Mabon brought in his supervisor and we went into an adjoining room. I was pressured me into keeping the contract but they changed it to every other year to try to ease my stress.
In their persuasive arguments, I was promised that Cabo was a highly sought after vacation spot that I would be able to exchange to vacation anywhere in the world. The process was easy and the availability high at other locations world wide. It was this reason that I allowed them to talk me into keeping the contract.

I was never explained the process of exchange. I called in May to see if I could use my week. I was told that there was NO AVAILABILITY in ALL of Europe. I tried again today, 12/16/10, to see if I could exchange my "highly sought after" week in Cabo for a week in Hawaii. I was told again, there was NO AVAILABILITY. I have owned this timeshare for over 2 years and have not been able to exchange it for any place I wish to travel. Their promise of "ease of exchange" was false.

I have done some research online only to realize that this is a common complaint. I would love to be a part of a class action suit and welcome any attorney who is gathering clientele.

I was not told at the time of purchase that Univeral Vacation Club only owns 35% of the facility and that they limit the rooms available for ownership use. Interesting how they left out that information.

If there is any information on a class action suit, please call me.

Yvette Buich
[protected]

1:08 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Rip off

Universal Vacation Club a ripoff!

After paying hundreds of dollars in maintenance fees that rose every year, we are signing the timeshare over to Universal Vacation Club . We misktakenly bought a summer week in Villa Palomar several years ago. The maintenance charges are too high and not worth it. We used it once in six years. Their customer services is terrible.

We hate to lose the money, we tried selling the timeshare but you know how that goes! So Universal Vacation Club gets to re-sell our timeshare and make even more money.

We have had enough of it and they made plenty of money on us.

6:54 am EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International complaint resolved

"We have been members with the Villa Group for 5 years. We have the Gold Membership. We recently upgraded to their Villa Preferred Access membership and were very happy with our decision. Months later, we brought issues to the attention of the Developer's Rep which needed to be addressed. He listened to our issues, proposed a proper solution for both parties and we still remain very happy members with the Villa Group. Despite some of the comments on this site, I believe the Villa Group will genuinely make things right given the situation...we are living proof."

Joy and Greg
Villa Group Members Since 2005

3:03 pm EDT

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Dispute Resolved

Our family purchased inventory from the Villa Group in March of this year. There were some issues we felt needed to be addressed so we sent a letter to the Developer’s Representative in Puerto Vallarta regarding our claims. The Developer’s Representative was very responsive and handled our issues in a timely manner. Our issues were handled rightfully and the Villa Group satisfied our claim 100%. We encourage anyone with issues related to the Villa Group to contact the Developer’s Representative in Puerto Vallarta or Cabo to handle these issues.

Tim and Holly
Minnesota

2 comments
Developers Representative
Jul 23, 2010 9:53 am EDT

Dear Members, as you can see, we respond to 95% of the issues that our brought to our attention. Please note we have experienced some challenges recently with our US lines as we are in the process of changing providers. The Developer Rep's Office is always available on the International number [protected] or by email at amemberserv@villagroup.com.

Best Regards,

Developer Representative
Villa Group

Developers Representative
Jun 09, 2010 2:55 pm EDT

Dear Members and interested parties, please be aware the number for the Developer Representative in Puerto Vallarta has changed. If you need to contact the Developer's Representative for any issues related to the Villa Group, you may now contact [protected] or [protected] (US Lines). We look forward to hearing from you.

Developer Representative
Puerto Vallarta Area

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International Customer Service. Initial Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International. Discuss the issues you have had with Universal Vacation Club International / UVC International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.