Vacation Reservation Center Logo

Vacation Reservation Center

Having problems with Vacation Reservation Center?

263 McLaws Circle, Suite 202
Sat10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Discounted vacation packages

Avoid this company all together. Do not agree to any vacation specials. Terrible customer service.
I received a call from vrc to book a vacation package for $174 and of course listen to a spill on purchasing a timeshare. It was a very high pressure call and I finally gave in because they told me that I could cancel within 30 days if I decided it was not for me. My husband and I decided it was not for us and tried to cancel. When I called to cancel, they said I would get a call back to complete the cancellation process. They did call back but I missed it. They left a message for me to return the call. I have tried for days to get back in touch with them but every time I call (When I can get through, as sometimes you keep holding and the line just cuts off!) I was told the person I needed to talk with to cancel was busy or out of the office and they would call me back. Never got a call back. And when I finally explained my frustration about trying to reach this shawn shepherd, the person kept interrupting me and saying that he did call me that one time and I should just keep leaving messages. I finally called my american express card to dispute the charge all together. I will never accept another thing from this company!!!

Scam charges

I had a call from Vacation Reservation Center giving away vacations package for $350, Orlando, Bahamas and Williamsburg, with refund of $100 in each place, condition; attending 1 hour time share meeting. We attended one in Orlando, it was more than 3 hours including waiting and we booked to stop in Williamsburg on the return trip.

After this pressure sales meeting in Orlando we decided to cancel the meeting in Williamsburg, cancelation charged another $50. Don't fall for this promised vacation, it is costly and unpleasant experience.

Rude employee

My family was searching for a motel/hotel in the Gatlinburg, TN area for new years. We googled "Gatlinburg, TN" and checked out available rooms. One looked like it would suite our needs, so I called the toll free number listed. It turned out to be TNT Resorts. I haven't heard of this company before and had never been to their website. I called the number and talked with a very nice gentleman who took my information, set us up with a room and at the very end of the conversation said "the morning after you check in you will be required to sit through a 90 minute time share speech". He then abruptly put me on hold. This was the first notion I had that this company was even connected to a timeshare business. I knew immediately my husband probably wouldn't go for this, but continued on with the reservation, fearing everything was already booked for the time we needed. After completing the call and speaking with my husband, we did further checking and found adequate lodging elsewhere. I called TNT back and stated I wanted to cancel my reservation and was told that only one person could do that and that she would contact me between 24 and 48 hours. 4 days later, she finally called. At the beginning of the conversation everything seemed fine and suddening she got this attitude and was the rudest most unprofessional person I have dealt with in a long time. Not only was she smart mouthed, but she kept repeating, "it's not my fault you didn't know we were a timeshare company...it's on our website". I had absolutely no problem paying the cancellation fee, she just wouldn't shut up. Eventually I said, "Who is your supervisor". She replied "No-one; I'm my own boss". I said "Someone HAS to be over you." She said "I'm my own boss". At this point after refusing to pull our tape to hear the conversation to check what I was told against what she was saying, I simply hung up. We will NEVER use TNT Resorts for any reason at all. I repeat: I have not been around someone dealing with the public that had such an attitude as this in a long time and hope to never encounter it again. Does she think she's the only company to be in this business? You know, a simple apology would have negated the need for this email. But after contacting the company and asking for a return call, I haven't heard a word from them.

Not able to get reservations to the places that were offered to us

I purchased a vacation package for 198.00 on August 14, 2006 to be used on a total of 9 nights within the...

Waste of time and money

After this pressure sales meeting in Orlando we decided to cancel the meeting in Williamsburg, cancellation charged another $50. Don't fell for this promised vacation, it is costly and unpleasant experience.

• Wo
    Wolfgang Aug 06, 2008

Vacation Reservations Center and their parent site TNTResorts.com are classic scam artists. They tell you anything on phone to get credit card and book you. Then when you arrive the deal changes often resulting in them rejecting your promotion tour and you getting changed a $200 penalty plus supposed cost of the retail motel package. They slip the penalty and extra charge on your credit car a couple months later. I got charged extra $384 due to this. So it cost me $242/night to stay in a $100 Fairfield Inn in Wmbg. Emails to their Customer Service go unanswered. Avoid their come ons! I'll try to protest charge with credit card company and file complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Margerie Hemmingway Oct 27, 2008

I navigated through TNTRESORTS.COM and found some amazing rates. I thought it was a scam when i saw the prices, but when i called in they told me what i had to do. All i had to do was give a resort 90-120 minutes of me and my husbands time and i got an amazing rate. So maybe you lied on your qualifications or something to that effect, but my husband, my grandson and i had a wonderful time in Orlando. The extra money i saved went towards these High gas prices their coming up with! So if you don't mind giving 90 minutes out of one day, i highly recommend this site because their prices can't be beat.

• Li
    Linda Barnes Lear Nov 07, 2008

I made a reservation with TNT Resorts earlier this week. My husband and I had to make a one day change in our reservation and that's when the trouble started. I have spent four hours on the phone trying to make the change. I finally talked with a woman who was making the changes and was disconnected twice. The third time I called I was put in touch with a VERY NASTY woman who verbally abused me, wouldn't allow me to speak, talked over me, etc. Because of the one day change in arrival date, our reservation was moved from a very nice resort to a shabby motel with terrible ratings and are being charged the same amount of money for it. When I tried to protest the motel, the customer service woman went berzerk on me and told me I was lucky they didn't charge me more for their trouble.

If you haven't involved yourself with this organization, DON'T! Because of the way I have been talked to, I am not looking forward to my vacation. I just hope this situation doesn't get worse.

• Li
    Linda Barnes Lear Nov 16, 2008

As a follow-up, I have filed a complaint with the Norfolk, VA Better Business Bureau as well as the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection division. I suggest anyone who has been ripped off to do the same. Good Luck!

Free vacations - too good to be true!

I received a phone call yesterday from Vacation Reservation Center. The man's name was Franci...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices